There's ALWAYS a way...

Learn, share, ADVANCE. Bodybuilding, Sports & Endurance Training Tips & Discussion
RobRegish

There's ALWAYS a way...

Post by RobRegish »

Went to the gym today with my lower back on the mend. One legged squats/pistols were on the menu. I performed a few reps for each but something didn't feel right, when using my left leg.

Almost left dejected, but remembered my own advice. "There's always something you CAN do...". Hadn't done bodyweight squats in awhile, so checked my log. Last time I did 100 reps in 4 minutes. Banged out 112 in 4 minutes this time.

No world record to be sure, but consider the 2 possible outcomes: I almost left angry, frustrated and without doing something that stimulated muscle growth. That would have been a waste of time and energy. Instead, I left KNOWING I stimulated muscle growth, by doing more work per unit of time. 12% more, in fact and took another step toward my ultimate goal: 500 in 15 minutes!

My back feels better, and I'd say at this rate I'll be 100% this time next week. I'm out of Synthagen though, so I'll probably be sore this time next week, LOL. Then again, this will be an interesting test, for the prototype "Product X" I'm using... 8)