Shoulders hurt? Try the 1 arm kneeling BB jammer press!

Learn, share, ADVANCE. Bodybuilding, Sports & Endurance Training Tips & Discussion
RobRegish

Shoulders hurt? Try the 1 arm kneeling BB jammer press!

Post by RobRegish »

I have guys that've had torn rotator cuffs using this, and they're training HEAVY again!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmPC4TfdsPg

Best to use in the context of Charles Staley's EDT training, supersetted with something like the 1 arm DB row. Rep for rep, set for set you can ensure shoulder balance (front, medial and rear), as well as correcting any unilateral imbalances you may have.

Even if you don't have any shoulder issues, this one is worth looking into... :)
askmass
Site Admin

Re: Shoulders hurt? Try the 1 arm kneeling BB jammer press!

Post by askmass »

RobRegish wrote:I have guys that've had torn rotator cuffs using this, and they're training HEAVY again!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmPC4TfdsPg

Best to use in the context of Charles Staley's EDT training, supersetted with something like the 1 arm DB row. Rep for rep, set for set you can ensure shoulder balance (front, medial and rear), as well as correcting any unilateral imbalances you may have.

Even if you don't have any shoulder issues, this one is worth looking into... :)
I thought of a couple people instantly when seeing this and will be letting them know about it.

Excellent find, and excellent advice for how to optimally incorporate it.
cogrick2

Post by cogrick2 »

Great tip. I remember Carl Lanore talking about the jammer press regularly during the summer. Also, a friend let me try the Slingshot band and I loved how it took tension off my shoulders during the bench press. It also provided a fun elastic boost off the bottom while allowing one to pause if desired.
Coach Rob

Post by Coach Rob »

cogrick2 wrote:Great tip. I remember Carl Lanore talking about the jammer press regularly during the summer. Also, a friend let me try the Slingshot band and I loved how it took tension off my shoulders during the bench press. It also provided a fun elastic boost off the bottom while allowing one to pause if desired.
Yeah I've only heard good things!

You have a shoulder injury brother?
cogrick2

Post by cogrick2 »

Coach Rob wrote:
cogrick2 wrote:Great tip. I remember Carl Lanore talking about the jammer press regularly during the summer.
Yeah I've only heard good things!

You have a shoulder injury brother?
Missed this question - yeah, more in the trapezius I believe. If I lay down and try to lay my arms by my ears, my left arm does not fall nearly as deeply as the right arm. Bench press aggravates it like so many of us. Massage helps, but only on a temporary basis.

I forgot about this forum and returned to see a lot of great ideas. Time to get the kneeling jammer press into my training.