My first blueprint meteoric run/log!!!!!!!

Learn, share, ADVANCE. Bodybuilding, Sports & Endurance Training Tips & Discussion
NATTYDADDY7

My first blueprint meteoric run/log!!!!!!!

Post by NATTYDADDY7 »

Hi everyone,
this is my first time posting on this forum let alone the first time I've ever done a training/diet log.

First of all I think a little background/stats are in order, just to give everyone an idea about me and what my goals are, as well as why I stumbled upon these forums as well as the blueprint training program.

THIS IS RATHER LONG, SO DON'T SAY I DIDN'T WARN YOU LOL ;)

I first started training roughly 12 years ago, drawn to the iron with a desire to change my body and to hopefully lead a healthier lifestyle. Luckily for me I was fortunate enough to benefit from the tutelage of my older cousin who was 10 years my senior. He was/is an incredible individual, a true athlete in every sense of the word and physically he stood head and shoulders above everyone else he came into contact with. He was 6'4 at around 270 pounds with a bodyfat range in the low 14% to 10%, if I had to guess.

Every where he went people would stop and look at him, giving him compliments on his size and for those who got to see him in the gym, well, he was easily one of the strongest guys. And they let him know that. Hell, I remember when he met a few pro bodybuilders (top 10 in the Olympia.) they would laugh and say how big he was and how he had a lot of potential. It was unreal. For a while he even trained in his home gym with a few powerlifters, pro bodybuilders, and wrestlers (British bulldog before he passed away just to drop a name.). This was all because they saw that he was the biggest guy in the gym, and who do you feel more safe training with, some guy who is repping 5 plates on squats or some kid who is struggling with 2? Here was the kicker. He was completely NATURAL! That's right. completely natural. He took nothing other than a protein powder, a multi vitamin, and some creatine from time to time (debate all you want what is natural, it is completely unnecessary.). Any product that would have an effect on one's hormone profiles he frowned upon, seeing it as something that if you trained and ate correctly was unnecessary.

From the first day I started working out with him he engrained this "ideal" into my mind, and it is still one I use to this day. For a few years he taught me everything he knew about training and proper technique and form. I excelled quickly in my strength in regards to lower body exercises such as deadlifts and squats but for some reason my bench press lagged behind considerably. In fact all upper body strength did. Another thing that was notably absent was any kind of diet template.

He always ate clean because he never liked the taste of "bad" food and how it made him feel but he never really told me about this. He just thought that was how most people ate. I on the other hand had a horrendous diet, eating terrible foods and tons of processed junk on a daily basis. I'm sure I could have progressed a lot more in these months if I had that in check but... well, hindsight is 20/20 right?

Another thing was I was also very inconsistent after a few months of my initial training with him, as "life" got in the way. Soon I was only training 1 or 2 days a week and I had made no progress. I would also fluctuate up in weight, gaining 30 to 40 pounds ( lots of fat though) then losing it just as fast as I hated feeling fat.

After a few years of this I stopped working out with him as I found myself becoming more and more busy with life and school. Eventually I was not even working out anymore. For about 2 years all I did was sprint every few days in an effort to keep my weight down. I had always been a heavy set person and was the kind of individual that could just look at food and gain 5 pounds. However, of that 5 pounds a large portion would be fat. To this day I am still like this, and getting lean for me is a nightmare.

About 7 years ago I decided to get as small/lean as I could, hating the way I felt at a higher body weight (around 200lbs.). Doing my sprints/cardio I managed to get down to about 155lbs but at that weight I also looked like I barely had any business being in any kind of weight room. For some reason I could still deadlift and squat in the 300lb range whenever I did step in a gym though. My bench however, still struggled, and I was topping out at 135lbs for just a few reps. Physically I felt fine, but I always had hoped that when I lost all the bodyfat I would be hard and ripped looking. It didn't pan out the way I had hoped it would.

After about a year of being in this state I decided that I would begin training like my cousin taught me, all those years ago, but this time with an emphasis on strength and intensity. A level that not even he was training at. I had hoped that this was the missing link and that with my new starting point of 155lbs all of the weight I would put on would be more muscle than fat.
I employed a slightly ketogenic approach with my diet, finding I didn't respond to starchy carbs very well but I did still have a few throughout the day. I didn't know about macronutrients of total calories or any of that. I just ate until I was satisfied. My goal was to increase my progress everytime I stepped into the gym, whether that be 1lb more of weight on the bar or 1 more rep. Progress was progress, at least in my mind, and that was all that mattered to me. And that I did.

Every workout was to COMPLETE FAILURE, to the point where it was physically impossible (at least on the compound movements) to complete another rep. My intensity when I attacked the weights I have yet to be seen replicated in any gym I have been in ( and I have been in at least 30 gyms on a regular basis due to moving around for my job over the last few years.). I have had legitimate bodybuilders/amateurs and powerlifters come over to me during sets and tell me how impressed they were that "a little guy could be moving such big weight on things like deadlifts" or just overall intensity. Once again, I believed this was all necessary. I didn't know any better. For me, I believed this was the only way for me to grow muscle.

In 2 years I went from 155lbs to 180lbs and this was also making sure I was doing multiple sprint sessions throughout the week to make sure I didn't "blow up" and become sloppy. I felt good and I looked like I was in decent shape, at least to the average person on the street. My strength had also increased. My deadlifts had gone up from 315 for 3 reps to 405 for 3 reps and my benchpress had gone from the 135lbs for a few reps to 225 for 2 reps. (Although the benchpress wasn't exactly with the best form.).

Another interesting thing was that I totally discarded doing legs. Blasphemous! I know, but the squat movement never felt right to me for my body and my legs were (and still to this day) overpower the rest of my physique. I figured the sprints would be enough to keep them the size they were and besides, I was focused on bringing up my upperbody to match. As for my bodyfat, I have no clue. If I was to guess looking back on it, I would say I was in the 15% to 18% range.

After the end of those 2 years I began working a job I absolutely hated , but still I tried my best to keep going to the gym. I made it a point to go on benchpress/chest and back/deadlift days but all my other training days (shoulders/arms, anything else.) were soon discarded as I just didn't have the time. After about 6 months I had the fortune of relocating as well as leaving that job. I decided to once again give the weightlifting/bodybuilding a more conscious effort especially considering the last 6 months I had not given it the proper time it deserved.

I started out at about 185lbs and thought to myself "instead of trying to cut back down to a lower weight let me just take 2 to 3 months and try to get my strength back to where it was before that horrible job." I ended up reaching 200lbs again with very little problem in this short time but once again (and like always) I had accrued a substantial amount of bodyfat. My strength was better than it had ever been and I can vividly recall benching 225 for 8 reps (pathetic, I know lol.) and deadlifting 455lbs for reps. While the strength was great I felt like garbage and was quite self conscious about the increased fat.

I decided that I wanted to keep the strength I had worked so hard for but wanted to ditch the excess bodyweight. After many months of trying to figure out the proper approach I stumbled upon Layne Norton and his concepts of macronutrients (at the time he was heavily endorsing this form of dieting.). I figured "why not, I don't really have anything to loose", and thus began my approach to getting leaner using a combination of different macronutrient numbers prescribed for me based on a dieting calculator he endorsed.

The program boasted that a partaking individual would lose 1 to 1.2 lbs of weight (mostly from bodyfat) a week but to me this seemed too drastic. I figured that if I employed this way of dieting I would lose a good chunk of the strength gains I had made. In an effort to combat this I extended the diet out from the 16 weeks prescribed to double. I was also more interested in losing 0.5lbs of weight a week as I felt my body would hold onto all that hard earned muscle more easily.

My training during this time did not differ at all from before, if anything it was even more intense as I was focused on keeping my strength up and in my own mind, more of my muscle. I know that a lot of programs say to lighten up on your loads when you are dieting and go for higher reps with lighter weights but this approach just never seemed to make sense to me. I wanted to keep my strength and my muscle, after all it was hell to gain it in the first place!

Over about a year I went from 200lbs down to 155lbs however the look of my body was vastly different to any other previous incarnation. My strength, while down, was not nearly as low as I thought it would get. At 155lbs I was still able to do 405 for 5 to 6 reps on deadlifts and my bench press was still at 225 although the reps ranged anywhere from 2 to 5 on any given day. Like I mentioned before, the workouts during this time were absolutely intense and it would not be uncommon for me to get anxiety the day before a heavy compound lift. All in all I considered it a success, and I felt good about my body as when my shirt was off I had that ripped lean look to my muscle I had been after for so long.

For the last year I have stayed in this state, hovering around the 155lb to 160lb mark all while keeping my strength in the same range as mentioned above. After a year of beating my head against the wall but doing so for fear of getting too fat again (trust me, getting fat sucks lol.) I decided it was time for a change.

ENTER THE BLUEPRINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As is probably obvious by now, I am deathly afraid of getting too fat again, but I knew that in order to get bigger/more muscular and stronger one has to be in a caloric surplus. This usually means an increase in bodyfat at the same time. As I stated before, I am natural (all I take is protein powder, multivitamin, food and a fiber supplement.) and as such I have no plans on using anything else other than what I already am. This made trying to figure out what would be the next most optimal approach a very tough endeavour.

I had always heard about Rob and the blueprint, and what stood out to me was how unlike many other things out there it placed a heavy (if not complete) emphasis on the training and diet more than anything else. Sure, Rob recommended taking certain supplements that could aid people in their progress and muscular/strength goals, but it wasn't a necessity.

After a little more research I contacted Rob and conversed back and forth with him through many emails. Many as long as this writeup lol. Not only did he answer all of my questions and concerns but he even set up a time for me to phone him and discuss what my goals and plans were if I did so choose to use the blueprint (which I did lol no surprise.).

After a lengthy phone conversation he recommended that someone with my years of experience toiling away at the iron employ the blueprint meteoric. He claimed that for someone such as myself this approach would yield the best overall outcome.

As such I have just started the PHASE 2 of the blueprint meteoric (skipping PHASE 1 as per Rob's recommendations as I already know my max lifts on deadlift and benchpress.) while also for the first time in 2 years putting my body in a caloric surplus. It feels a little strange to not feel hungry all the time lol, but I trust in what Rob has outlined in the BM.

My goal for this run (6 weeks lol, seem so short) is to increase my strength most notably on my bench press (PLEASE!!!!! lol) and my deadlift. I also would LOVE to build more muscle and you can bet that my diet will be 100% on point, no excuses. (Heck, you don't go from 200lbs to 155lbs not following a diet to a T.)

Currently I am at 159.6lbs at a bodyfat of 7.85% (I used the Jackson/Pollock bodyfat method but I don't really believe I'm that low, not even close; I would guess I'm more around 11% to 14%.).

benchpress: 215lbs for 1 perfect form rep. (had to check the ego at the door in order to get a proper form bench.)

deadlift: 420lbs for 2 reps (but I will be using my deadlift 1 rep max at just 420 as I felt the 2nd rep I did was not perfect.)

Sorry for the LONG write up, I promise all my other updates won't be nearly this long lol. I just thought that a log like this might benefit/help out other's who have been or are in the same boat as myself. Conversely, I think it would be helpful to not only myself but to others for anyone to chime in with their own experiences in regards to things such as body weight and losing fat.

We usually hear about people being skinny and trying everything to just gain weight, ANY kind of weight. But what about those of us who have the opposite problem? Those of us who put on muscle and fat/or just fat very easily. Seems not a lot of people talk about this.

Here's hoping for some good progress and gains in lean muscle mass and strength. Wish me luck everyone!

NATTYDADDY7 :)
Coach Rob

Post by Coach Rob »

WOW! Thanks for putting so much into that brother, a great write up..

What we have here are all the ingredients for success: Experience, guts, a good deal of failed/successful experience and - a willingness to try something new.

Stick to those loading patterns for BP/DL (Monday's work), stick to the diet and fine tune things as you go along. You'll be stronger and leaner than you EVER have, and as a bonus - walk away with the knowledge to stay that way!
NATTYDADDY7

Post by NATTYDADDY7 »

UPDATE:

So I began my 1st day of the BM (Blueprint meteoric.) on Sunday Jan 3rd/2016.

Training:

I did benchpress and deadlifts as per GLP1.

I completed the workout very easily with no problem whatsoever however I will admit that the last few reps on both exercises took a bit of effort but still no where near the amount I would expend on my usual workout program. (I should mention that my previous workout program I was pretty much maxing out every time I stepped foot into a gym so anything not at 100% is going to feel relatively easy in comparison.)

If I was going to assign a number out of 10 for my workout intensity this day (with my previous programs being a 10/10) then I would say this was a 6.

However, as I talked about with Rob, going "all out" like I had been previously is actually a bad thing in the long run. Just feels weird to not go into a workout with the goal of not keeling over, almost ready to pass out lol. At least to me anyway.

Diet:
Started eating as per the BM's recommendations. I am still keeping a track of my macro nutrient breakdown just to see. I am eating at 18X bodyweight instead of the prescribed 20X as I feel that a 500 calorie surplus is more than enough for someone like me to grow. (I was previously at 2300 but am now at 2800.)

Just to give you an idea of what my macros were before I started the BM they were:
total calories: 2300
protein: 240g to 244g
carbs: 200g to 270g
fats: 50g to 65g
This was a typical day. One day a week I would have a "cheat day" in which I would bump up my carbs considerably (in the 300 to 400 range) while decreasing my proteins to about 185g and keeping my fats around the same. Total calories would range from 3000 to 3300.

Macros for the 1st day of BM were:
Total calories: 2886.5
protein: 242.185
Carbs: 328.101
Fat: 72.166

I should also mention that all of my calories come from "good/real" food other than about 1 scoop of a protein isolate. What I mean by this is I am eating predominantly chicken, olive/macadami nut oil, broccoli, rice. heavy cream, peanut butter, LOTS of water, avocadoes, tomatoes, honey.

Overall state of mind:
Since this was my first day I felt no different than before starting the program. My body did feel satisfied with the increase in calories though.
NATTYDADDY7

Post by NATTYDADDY7 »

UPDATE:

Jan 4th/2016

Training: NONE!

Diet:
total calories: 2820
proteins: 238.65
carbs: 64.64
fats: 181.4

Overall state of mind:

Woke up feeling fairly rested. I only manage to get around 8 hours or a little under each night due to a busy little girl keeping me on my toes but so long as it is consistent I can function. If it is not I would notice in the past that I would get headaches, an overall lack of energy, and in some cases a compromised immune system (starting to feel sick within a matter of days.).

A part of me is wondering if this was due to the combination of being in a caloric deficit and training like some kind of wild animal. The one major difference I noticed this time was that I didn't feel "run down." This, I am assuming is more due to the caloric surplus as well as the fact that I didn't run myself into the ground with my workout.

Another weird thing was that I noticed no kind of soreness from the workout. Usually after I have a chest or back day I can feel muscle soreness for at least up to 3 to 4 days, the bulk of which manifests on the day after the workout and the following day. This morning I felt like I could repeat the workout I did the day before with no problem. Strange.
NATTYDADDY7

Post by NATTYDADDY7 »

UPDATE:

Jan 5th/2016

Training:
EDT blocks using weighted dips, and cable pulls then free weight front squats and Russian dumbbell step ups.

I'm not really sure what my goals should be for this routine as I have never done anything like it before but I did manage to get 10 reps for ALL of my sets within the prescribed rest periods allotted for each set. I'm not sure if this is a sign that I need to up the weight considerably or what.
In any event, I kept a track of how long it took for me to do each set.

I finished each set in the first block roughly around the 57 second mark however the very last set was around the 1 minute 7 second mark ( I was adding weight though.).

In regards to the 2nd block, things were much different. While I didn't have any kind of problem doing the front squats, the Russian step ups (which I am completely new to.) required considerable effort to get through. These things are awesome! I wouldn't say I was struggling but I was definitely huffing and puffing as well as letting out a few sweats from each set. I could actually feel the effects of their fatigue on my body WHILE I was doing them. Incredible exercise! Probably the best kept secret for someone who wants to increase their leg strength.

Each of these sets took me roughly around the 2 minute marker to complete with the last set taking a few seconds longer.

I'm not entirely sure what I should be going for in my next workout involving the EDT blocks. Just a quicker time for the completion of the sets?

Diet:

Total calories: 2826
Protein: 243.805
Carbs: 295.765
Fat: 72.665

Overall state of mind:
Everything felt good. I noticed I devoured my post workout meal like it was nothing, eating about 50% of my calories a few minutes after my workout. I probably could have lessened the fats throughout the day in place of more carbs at this meal but I was a little hesitant as I would guess 80% of my whole carbs for the day came from this meal (almost all of them from rice.).
Coach Rob

Post by Coach Rob »

For your next round of EDT sets, I'd consider upping the weight. The fact you're getting all 10 reps every set indicates you can handle it. Plus, 10+ rep sets to continue topping your EDT numbers is... exhausting. There needs to be some lower rep work.

Overall though, outstanding work!

Yes, Russian Step Ups are a "secret" I brought forth in The Meteoric. No need for additional cardio on leg day, yes? :)
NATTYDADDY7

Post by NATTYDADDY7 »

That was exactly what I was thinking Rob :). Next time some heavier weights are in order.

As for the step ups, once again I agree. These things in and of themselves are a test in strength and conditioning all their own.
NATTYDADDY7

Post by NATTYDADDY7 »

Update:

Jan 6/2016

Training: None!

Diet:
Total calories: 2810.3
Protein: 253.697
Carbs: 56.008
Fat: 176.93

Overall feeling: Didn't get great sleep over the night due to my wife feeling a little "under the weather." Had to stay up with her for a few hours in the middle of the night but she is doing great now. As such I probably got around 5 hours of sleep and as a result my mind was a bit "foggy" throughout the day.

I didn't notice any kind of soreness anywhere in the areas I had worked the previous day before. HOWEVER, my legs were mildly sore. This is no doubt in part to the fact that yesterday was the 1st day in probably 7 years that I had done some DIRECT leg work. I could feel soreness in my legs (most noticeably where the "teardrop" is.) and definitely in my hamstrings (no doubt thanks to the step ups.)
Coach Rob

Post by Coach Rob »

Excellent progress brother.

As you continue on this journey, realize that even small changes (in reps, for example) can result in big things. If you're an ecto or have ecto leaning traits, it's wise to bring the reps down and the weights up, at least for 3-4 weeks or so. Then, switch to higher reps/lower weight for 2 weeks, returning to the heavy stuff later.

Remember, the guidelines I provide are just that - guidelines. You can (and should) "fine tune" it to your liking!
NATTYDADDY7

Post by NATTYDADDY7 »

Thanks Rob.
As for myself, I am not completely sure but I think I have more endo type traits. I took a brief online test that gave me a general idea of what somatype I have and it said meso-endo whatever that really means.

I have a very wide frame even at a low bodyfat and its not uncommon for people to think I weight 20 to 30 pounds more than someone I stand next to of the same height.
NATTYDADDY7

Post by NATTYDADDY7 »

Update:

Jan 7/2016

Training:

The giant superset circuit prescribed in the blueprint. I have never done anything like this, at least not in recent memory (ex: 10 years.) Although Rob recommends to do this workout on machines I don't have the luxury of a commercial gym at my disposal. In fact I work out in my garage with about 420 pounds of olympic free weights about 100 pounds worth of dumbells, a squat rack, an adjustable bench, and a dip/ab "power tower" station. I also have a commercial bench press I got for a sweet deal from a gym that was getting rid of it.

As such Rob suggested I do the routine using bodyweight exercises in place of all the machines. I won't go through in detail what they all were but they were all bodyweight variations of the exercises in the program.

The routine comprised of 3 Main sets. Rob instructed that because I was using bodyweight to chase "The burn" and let that be my guide. That is exactly what I did. I would do an exercise until I could feel the lactic acid building up and the tightening of that muscle group. I didn't necessarily go to failure as I didn't want to go too far with this type of training but I was more than showing signs of fatigue at the end of the 1st giant set.

I finished the first set in: 7:21 minutes (a luxury of not working out in a gym though is that I don't have any kind of "traffic".)

After the prescribed rest period I dove back into my second giant set although I could feel the effects of fatigue and tightness specifically in my legs quiking in.
I finished the second set in: 7: 21 minutes again. This actually surprised me as I was quite shocked/impressed that I got the exact same time. (And no, I wasn't looking at my watch during the set.)

Before I dove into the final set I could definately at this point feel the effects of the workout. My heart was beating through my chest and I was sweating profusely. Surprisingly I was still alright, avoiding the urge to keel over and give in. However, to say I was looking forward to the final set... well... let's just say I wasn't as enthusiastic about it as my first lol.

I completed the final set in: 6:20 seconds, much quicker than the first 2. I have a feeling that this was just due to my body not being able to go anymore, hence probably fewer reps and a quicker end time.

Almost immediately after this workout I had a headache and my legs specifically were very pumped and sore. My body felt very weak and I could feel myself "flattening out".

I devoured my postworkout meal like it was nothing!

I only realized about an hour or 2 later that I had missed one set in each giant set (pull/chin ups.) so I will have to be sure to include them in next time. I guess my mind was scrambling to think of what next exercise I had to do when all that lactic acid was building up inside. Oh well, next time.

In any event this workout left me feeling like I was ready to go to bed.

Diet:

Total calories: 2814
Protein: 240.826
Carbs: 293.435
Fats: 72.16

Overall feeling: Throughout the day (and before the workout obviously.) I was feeling fine. Good even. I noticed that my legs were still sore and my right knee felt a little strange but nothing too crazy (Almost like there was some pressure on it.). However, that all changed in a hurry after the workout. Like I mentioned earlier, immediately after the workout I felt tired and like I had a mild headache. I also felt "zapped" of strength and energy. Anytime I tried to lift something up or move something later after the workout I could feel it in my muscle. Not soreness, just an overall lack of energy and complete fatigue/exhaustion. I could hear my bed "calling for me" almost immediately after this routine was done lol.

I will look forward to loading up on carbs the next few days to get ready for my 2nd GLP1 workout.[/b]
NATTYDADDY7

Post by NATTYDADDY7 »

Update:

Jan 8/2016

Training: None!

Diet:

Total calories: 2908
Protein: 195.57
Carbs: 392
Fats: 60.57

Overall feeling: Had very deep sleep after my Thursday workout. Very deep. More than I can recall for years. Woke up feeling very weak and tired physically. Noticed that throughout the day I had an overall lack of energy and a greater deal of fatigue. Wasn't really sore anywhere however my legs that were sore previously now had a DEEP Dull soreness associated with them, much the same anyone would have after introducing a new type of exercise for the first time. Hamstrings were completely fine but the front quads (near the teardrop) were screaming in pain (good pain thought lol.).

Bumped my calories up by 100 because I was also very hungry in addition to the exhaustion. I will probably do the same for the next day if I feel the same.
NATTYDADDY7

Post by NATTYDADDY7 »

Update:

Jan 9/2016:

training: None!

Diet:
Total calories: 2911.3
Protein: 187.1425
Carbs: 443.1545
Fats: 45.407

Overall feeling:
Woke up feeling much better mentally from the previous day however was still a bit drained of energy. Noticed as the day progressed I was not feeling the effects as much.

Some slight soreness developed around the interior lats but other than that not much of anything else. My legs that were sore the previous few days were at their worst this day however. Everywhere I walked I was limping/doing the "my legs can barely move" walk. I am a little worried that this soreness will compromise my deadlifts for tomorrow that are part of the 2nd GLP1 workout. Here's hoping they don't.
NATTYDADDY7

Post by NATTYDADDY7 »

Update:

Jan 10/2016:

Training: GLP1 workout #2 for benchpress and deadlift.

Ok. So, this day was interesting compared to last weeks run of workout #1 of GLP1. I woke up feeling like I was still lacking energy and just unmotivated. Despite having rested the previous 2 days and changing my diet to higher carb I felt suprisingly low energy wise.

I noticed that it was taking more for me to motivate myself to complete each set. NOT that each set was harder, just that my mind was wandering during the workout and I needed more motivation to dive into the next set.

I also noticed that specifically on bench press the weights felt heavier, almost like I was weaker. As such the last set of my bench press took considerably more effort to finish. I wasn't near failure or anything but it was not a walk in the park either.

The deadlifts felt alright, but once I got to the second last and final set it once again took considerable effort to complete.

just to be clear I got all my reps for all my sets it's just that it felt tougher this week, even when using some of the same weights from the previous week. I'm starting to wonder if this overall feeling of fatigue is still just my body trying to recover from doing a workout (the ECD and lactic acid training) it has never done before.

Hopefully I don't have this problem training next week.

Diet:

Total calories: 2841.3
Protein: 239.2565
Carbs: 321.043
Fats: 73.282

Overall feeling:
As I mentioned above, I was feeling a lack of energy during the beginning of the day. I could still feel my front quads being sore although they were better. I think doing the deadlifts also helped pump some much needed blood into them, making them feel a little better. I still felt "Zapped" of energy though.

After I worked out and immediately had my post workout meal I felt surprisingly good for the rest of the day. If I had felt like this before I worked out I imagine I would have completed the workout faster and without as much effort.

Overall effort for workout (out of 10): 8 (much higher than last week's most likely due to the "zapped" energy levels.)