My first blueprint meteoric run/log!!!!!!!

Learn, share, ADVANCE. Bodybuilding, Sports & Endurance Training Tips & Discussion
Coach Rob

Post by Coach Rob »

Was about to say, answer is in your diet..

After I worked out and immediately had my post workout meal I felt surprisingly good for the rest of the day. If I had felt like this before I worked out I imagine I would have completed the workout faster and without as much effort.

I would carefully add more complex carbs to your diet, to establish the threshold where you feel "good", or at least better going into the workout...
NATTYDADDY7

Post by NATTYDADDY7 »

I was wondering that myself Rob. I am currently ingesting 18X my bodyweight in calories but I am toying with the idea of 20X on the 2 days prior to my GLP1 lift workouts. A part of me also feels that some of the overall lack of energy could be from this new type of training that has been an overall shock to my body. After all, my front quads are still mildly sore today almost a week later.

The other thought that came to mind was that perhaps on Thursday's lactic acid training workout I may have possibly pushed myself a little too hard.

OR it could be a combination of everything! lol

Hopefully I don't run into this problem next week.
NATTYDADDY7

Post by NATTYDADDY7 »

Update:

Jan 11/2016:

Training: None!

Diet:
Total calories: 2815
Protein: 246.29
Carbs: 55.17
Fats: 182.07

Overall feeling:
I was surprised to discover that once again upon awakening I was not sore anywhere from the workout from the previous day. I know that soreness is not a total reason/indicator of muscle growth but I think we as weight lifters expect it as it signals in our brains that we put a lot of effort and energy into our workouts. I think a part of us also feels that that sore feeling somehow does stimulate new muscle growth.

Regardless, I felt nothing. I was expecting to feel something though as I felt that I did put more effort into my workout from the previous week. I also used a significant amount of weight, going up to 85% of my max 1 rep weight for 6 reps for my last set. Still it didn't translate to any new soreness.

My front quads that had been sore for almost the entire week were much better, in fact I would go as ar as to say they were about 80% back to normal.

Overall mood for the day was fine. No major dips in energy.
NATTYDADDY7

Post by NATTYDADDY7 »

Update:

Jan 12/2016

Training: EDT block with weighted dips and cable pulls. 2nd EDT block with front squats and russian step ups.

Times to complete each set for 1st EDT block:
1st set: 1:51 Got all 10 reps
2nd set: 1:26 Got all 10 reps
3rd set: 1:32 Got all 10 reps

4th set: 1:27 Got to 8 reps on dips and 7 on cable pulls.

5th set: 1:24 Got to 5 reps on dips and 8 on cable pulls.

Times to complete each set for the 2nd EDT block:
1st set: 2:38 Got all 10 reps
2nd set: 2:36 Got all 10 reps
3rd set: 3:24 Got all 10 reps

Comments on EDT blocks: For the first 2 sets of my 1st EDT block I was trying to figure out an appropriate weight that would provide enough resistance for me to get into the prescribed rep ranges. Both exercises were increased in weight significantly though from the previous week. There was some overlap in times for these blocks as well due in part to the fact that I had just received a new weighted dip belt (SPUDINC) and was using it (let alone any dip belt) for the first time. As was expected some of the increased elapsed time was due to myself loading and unloading weight from it in between the supersets.

For the 2nd EDT block I chose a slightly higher weight than the previous week seeing as how last week provided enough resistance even though I had completed all sets. I must say that completing this set of EDT blocks was very hard. During ALL sets of this block there were points where I had to stop and take a quick 1 to 2 second breather before attempting to finish the set. This was most apparent in the last set. The difference in time alone should speak volumes as to how much more difficult it was to complete.
For next week I think I will stick to the same weights but try to complete the sets in a quicker time period.

Diet:
Total calories: 2819.8
Protein: 247.3475
Carbs: 304.6765
Fats: 63.892

Overall feeling: I felt a little lower on energy during the day and by the time my workout rolled around (later at night) but it still wasn't anything extreme. This was most likely due to a restless night trying to sleep but still its effects were minor if anything. I also noticed that all soreness from my front quads were now gone. Just in time to hit them again today lol!
NATTYDADDY7

Post by NATTYDADDY7 »

Update:

Jan 13/2016

Training: NONE!

Diet:

Total calories: 2847
Protein: 250.891
Carbs: 57.52
Fats: 182.61

Overall feeling:

Today was rough. Had a hard time sleeping over night. Felt uncomfortable. I had a weird feeling throughout my body, most noticeably in the back area. I think it was brought on by the EDT workout. It wasn't soreness or any kind of "bad" or "sharp" pain, but rather a more dull feeling. It was very subtle but just enough to make you feel uncomfortable, but in a way that made you question what exactly made you feel this way. As I mentioned, the only thing I could associate it with was the workout.

As a result I must have woken up 10 or more times at various points in the middle of the night. During the day my eyes were burning constantly and I had a desire to sleep all day. I'm sure some of that feeling was due to an accumulation of lack of proper sleep from the night before as well. When all was said and done I was glad I didn't have to engage in a workout this day.

I was also somewhat surprised that I had no soreness anywhere on my body, whereas the previous week I had soreness in my quads even when using a lower weight.
Coach Rob

Post by Coach Rob »

You are smart man inserting a rest day.

Your body is giving you clear signals to back off/rest. If you haven't already, do try GammaGH/GABA and ZMA before bed.

L-dopa is good too...
NATTYDADDY7

Post by NATTYDADDY7 »

It was actually part of the program that I had the day off but yes you are right, I think it might have been my body telling me to just take a step back for a bit to rest.
NATTYDADDY7

Post by NATTYDADDY7 »

Update:

Jan 14/2016:

Training: Lactic Acid Training.

This was my second attempt at completing this "circuit style" training. I made extra attention to remember to complete all the exercises as the previous week I had forgot to incorporate the chin ups into the routine. In any event the workout went smoothly. The following times were how long each set took until completion.

Set 1: 7:19
Set 2: 6:15
set 3: 5:15

Overall thoughts on the training sets: I noticed going into this session that I felt fine. While the previous day I had felt just terrible this day was completely different. This also translated into my workout. I noticed that on this "go around" I was not dealing with nearly as much fatigue as the first time I did it (last week.) By the end of all my sets I was sweating and my hear rate was beating pretty fast but I did not feel completely drained of all energy like I did the previous week. The funny thing was that I kept my intensity the same despite wondering if I shoud have lowered it.

Another thing that was different was that after completion of all sets I felt fine, unlike the previous week in which I had the onset of a headache immediately after.

A part of me reasons that this difference might be due to the fact that last week this routine was such a SHOCK to my system. This would explain why I felt so terrible after completing it before but how this week I felt fine. Perhaps my body somewhat adapted to it???

Diet:

Total calories: 2930.5
proteins: 245.23
Carbs: 337.536
Fats: 63.136
I decided to up my calories from 2800 to around 2900 to 3000 after this workout and for the subsequent 2 rest days before my next GLP1 workout to see if that made a difference in energy levels.

Overall feeling:
As mentioned before I felt fine throughout the day. My energy levels were good and I had no soreness or weird "feelings" anywhere. After the workout I felt good, not at all drained of energy like the previous week.
[/b]I did notice that I wasn't as ravenous when it came to my postworkout meal as I was the previous week but I still polished it off with no problem.
NATTYDADDY7

Post by NATTYDADDY7 »

Update:

Jan 15/2016:

Diet:
Total calories: 3196.5
Proetins: 192.445
Carbs: 442.06
Fats: 74.458

Overall feelings:

I don't know why but upon waking today I felt fat like I had accumulated more bodyfat. Whether this was mental or not I had no way of knowing. I felt "backed up" thoughout a good portion of the day as well despite taking my fiber supplement which I take daily. I did not feel any kind of soreness or negative effect from the prior days workout. My energy levels throughout the day were actually quite good. Had more calories than intended but wanted to see what effect if any they would have on my energy levels.
NATTYDADDY7

Post by NATTYDADDY7 »

Update:

Jan 16/2016:

Diet:

Total calories: 2994.3
Protein: 186.8445
Carbs: 437.845
Fats: 58.214

Overall feeling:

Actually got a great nights sleep. Slept in an extra hour more than what I am used to. Energy levels felt fine and felt more mentally alert throughout the day.

This was roughly the 2 week mark since I began the program so I took my measurements and weighed myself:

My measurements for almost everything were slightly higher while my waist remained the same. However there were a few areas where size went down (my calfs for example.)
Its hard to tell how much of everything is actual growth or just slight differences in measuring patterns and protocals from the previous attempt. I'm sure there will be a much more discernable difference at the end of the 6 weeks.

Weight: 160.4 pounds

I also took my bodyfat measurements and they were slightly higher. Going by the mirror I can tell that I have lost some leaness around certain areas like my lower back. It is still very lean but some of the striations and detail are a little bit blurred. This is not a big deal and is to be expected when trying to put on size.
NATTYDADDY7

Post by NATTYDADDY7 »

Update:

Jan 17/2016:

Training: GLP1 workout #3 for bench press and deadlifts.

So today was my 3rd wokout for the GLP1. I felt decent upon waking and felt like my energy levels were ok. It was rather cold over the night (below freezing.) so when I stepped foot in my gym (in my garage.) I was not too enthusiastic about the "lovely" temperature I would be doing my routine in, but nonetheless I still dove into it. I was bundled up in a few layers of clothes (a much needed sweat pants and top/hoodie combo.) and went to work.

I noticed upon waking that my right elbow was giving me some aggravation but I had no idea why that would be the case. It remained like that throughout the workout.

All sets of bench press were fine, however I found on the last set I had to use sufficient "Psyche up" measures to get in the "zone" before I put myself under the bar.

I hit all my reps clean but I did notice that on my last set it took some considerable effort. Looking back on it I am convinced that I may have only been able to muster out another 2 reps before my form broke down and I would reach failure (THE WEIGHT I WAS USING WAS 90% OF MY 1 REP MAX FOR 4 REPS.). In any event, that did not happen and I went straight over to begin my first set of deadlifts.

For the deadlifts I hit all my reps for all my sets but once again near the last few sets I could feel myself really pushing myself to finish the sets.[/b] On my 2nd last set I felt like the weights I were using were quite heavy. I had to mentally psyche myself up once again for my last set, in fact I prepared for it like I was going for a 1 rep max (focusing all my energy into the lift before even touching the bar.). In the end it all worked out, and I completed the set just fine.

THIS WORKOUT WAS A LOT MORE DEMANDING ON THE LAST SETS THAN THE PREVIOUS 2 WORKOUTS, THAT WAS FOR SURE!
I expect to actually feel sore for once in the morning lol.

Diet:
total calories: 2835
protein: 243.249
carbs: 316.3145
fats: 69.924

Overall thoughts:

Other than what was described in the training part, nothing noteworthy. Energy levels felt good for the rest of the day.
NATTYDADDY7

Post by NATTYDADDY7 »

Update:

Jan 18/2016:

Diet:
total calories: 2882.5
protein: 256.82
carbs: 64.166
fats: 180.99

Overall thoughts:

I got some good sleep over the night thanks in part to not having to get up so early (MLK day in the USA.). I was somewhat surprised to find that I was not sore at all from the previous workout. I thought for sure I would considering the weights and the effort involved. Very strange. I still can't figure this out.

The day went well and I enjoyed a day off from my everyday usual Monday routine.
NATTYDADDY7

Post by NATTYDADDY7 »

Update:

Jan 19/2016:

Training: EDT blocks with 1st block being weighted dips and seated pulls. 2nd block was front squats and russian step ups.

Times for Edt block 1:

set 1: 1:23 completed set
set 2: 1:23 completed set
set 3: 1:31 completed set
set 4: 143: completed set
[/b]set 5: 1:39 reached failure on rep 7 for dips but completed all reps for seated pulls althought the last rep was very hard to finish!

Times for EDT block 2:
set 1: 2:39 reached failure on rep 8 of front squats but completed the set of step ups!
set 2: 2:56 the same as the previous set.
set 3: 3:30
completed!!! but took a lot of "rest pauses" to complete.

Overall thoughts on edt blocks:
My front squats were much harder to complete this week in part due to using a substantially heavier weight than my previous weeks. This also made the step ups that much more difficult to finish. Truth be told I am still getting used to the awkward positioning of the bar on the front squats but I think with the heavier weight this workout I was able to get into a better groove with it. For the dumbell step ups I am wondering about using wrist straps as it seems my grip is giving out well before my legs.Not sure if I should give this a try next time or just do what I have been doing as it might increase my grip strength on it's own.

Diet:
Total calories: 2858.3
Protein: 244.462
Carbs: 286.228
Fats: 81.503

Overall thoughts: Didn't get a good nights sleep but woke up feeling relatively alright. It didn't really hit me until later in the evening (a few hours before my workout.) but I started to feel tired and just an overall lack of energy. I am certain it was brought on more by the lack of sleep more than anything else. As a result , if I am being completely honest, I wasn't looking forward to my workout today.

Regardless I completed the workout, even using more weights than I had the previous week. I'm not sure how my times stack up against the previous week as it pertains to the 1st EDT block but as I mentioned before, I used more weight on my front squats than last week.

Another unusual thing I noticed this day was that while I was not sore at all from my GLP1 workout #3 I had this weird feeling particularly in my back, almost like irritation or tightness. It didn't hurt me in any way or seem detrimental but it was there all day, kind of like a dull nagging feeling. There was no overall soreness that I would have recognized previously under my normal weight lifting routine, a type of feeling that I can best describe as doing a set of heavy squats and not being able to walk properly for a few days. Instead I just had this strange, dull, light feeling of tightness.

COULD THIS HAVE BEEN BROUGHT ON BY THE WORKOUT OR IS THIS SOMETHING ELSE? PERHAPS MUSCLE GROWTH? I'm just throwing any kind of idea out there as I have no clue what this is.
NATTYDADDY7

Post by NATTYDADDY7 »

Update:

Jan 20/2016:

Training: NONE!!!

Diet:
Total calories: 2803.5
protein: 248.99
carbs: 57.9
fats: 178.84

Overall thoughts:
Got another bad night sleep so didn't feel too great. Wasn't too bad as I didn't have any training to do. No noteable soreness anywhere from last night's workout despite using more weight on my front squats. Still a little in the dark about why this is. Perhaps it's the effects of being in a calroies surplus while not going "all out" with my intensity like I am used to. Not sure.