3.0 Recomp - Feast Training Frequency

Learn, share, ADVANCE. Bodybuilding, Sports & Endurance Training Tips & Discussion
bennygill123

3.0 Recomp - Feast Training Frequency

Post by bennygill123 »

For the feast... it says 1on/2off training frequency to start, and then add more rest days as you progress through the feast phase.

But I would like to have a bit more structure and planning so I know when to add the extra rest days. Also I like to have a weekly routine, and 1 on 2 off would mess that up week to week.

So I was going to plan it out something like this for the 12 required workouts...

Week one - Mon #1, Wed #2, Fri #3
Week two - Mon #4, Wed #5, Fri #6
Week three - Mon #7, Wed #8, Fri #9
Week four - Mon #10 (3-4 day break) Fri #11
Week five - Mon #12

That's roughly 30 days.

Two questions....

1) Does this plan look good? Or am I over training on weeks one, two and three?

2) If I'm not feeling fatigued by day 30 should I just continue Feast with the 2 day a week training (Mon and Fri) until progress stalls, strong dis-inclination to train, feel run down, loss of appetite, etc? Correct?
Coach Rob

Post by Coach Rob »

You'll likely have to add extra rest days during week 3, due to increasing strength, so I'd caution against pigeon holing a schedule beyond two weeks. Simply re-visit at the 10-14 day mark, to see if adding extra rest days makes sense..

You should train as frequently as possible, provided your strength is increasing. The second you see it stalling, insert that extra rest day.

That help?
bennygill123

Post by bennygill123 »

Yes that clears it up thanks Rob :)
bennygill123

Post by bennygill123 »

Sorry actually just a few follow up questions to that...

1) I tend to have great recovery, never any DOMS etc, I'm usually ready to go again by the next day. And when on your recommended supps I would assume recovery would be even better.

So even though you say I should train as frequently as possible, would you still advise having at least one day off in-between to avoid over-training? Because if not I could easily go 4-5 days a week.

2) If I wanted to continue with the feast for the full 42 days (and assuming strength is still going up, etc) would I start again from workout #1 or instead continue the four movements I had the most success with, like workouts #11 and #12?
Coach Rob

Post by Coach Rob »

1) I tend to have great recovery, never any DOMS etc, I'm usually ready to go again by the next day. And when on your recommended supps I would assume recovery would be even better.

A. Yes, very much so. Beyond the recovery aspect, things like Synthagen load muscle with more ATP, carnosine etc and facilitate faster glycolosis. You'll see it in your total tonnage #'s if you're keeping track..

So even though you say I should train as frequently as possible, would you still advise having at least one day off in-between to avoid over-training? Because if not I could easily go 4-5 days a week.

A. Yes, absolutely. Although you may be able to go 4-5 days/week now, you absolutely won't once your strength starts increasing (and it should be, fast). Ultimately the stress of greater training loads outrun your ability to recover from them. Thus, rest days are/will be needed to allow your muscles to grow larger/stronger..

2) If I wanted to continue with the feast for the full 42 days (and assuming strength is still going up, etc) would I start again from workout #1 or instead continue the four movements I had the most success with, like workouts #11 and #12?

A. Continue with the movements you had the most success with. That's the best part of 3.0.. you get to run/finish with your strengths!
bennygill123

Post by bennygill123 »

Ok thanks!