Proper/Best ways to measure body fat

Learn, share, DISCOVER. Training Table Tips & Diet Discussion
SloTown

Proper/Best ways to measure body fat

Post by SloTown »

I have a cheap manual body fat caliper and the Warrior Digital Body Mass Caliper, but I'm really not sure if I am using either one properly.
I'm following the instructions from both, and i know it's not real complicated, but the results I get are so varied it leads me to believe I am not doing it right.

Does anyone have any pointers on the proper way to measure? Or links to video tutorials?

Thanks,
Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

all forms of measuring bodyfat with the exception of hydrostatic and the bodpod are fairly inaccurate if I remember right

Better option would be to get a technique down with the calipers where you get consistent results - then just measure changes.

Don't take the number you get as accurate though, as with calipers its off most of the time.
hondo

Post by hondo »

Actually, the best way is using calipers. it's a thing like pincers, a tester pinches your belly, sides, back, legs and arms and then calculate it according to your weight (if your skin is too thin or thick it may be faulty),
mike12345

Re: Proper/Best ways to measure body fat

Post by mike12345 »

SloTown wrote:I have a cheap manual best scales for weight loss and the Warrior Digital Body Mass Caliper, but I'm really not sure if I am using either one properly.
I'm following the instructions from both, and i know it's not real complicated, but the results I get are so varied it leads me to believe I am not doing it right.

Does anyone have any pointers on the proper way to measure? Or links to video tutorials?

Thanks,
Hello SloTown,
I saw one video on youtube on best way to measure body fat. I hope this is helpful for you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oHbAYr-BfQ