glycerine advice

Learn, share, DISCOVER. Training Table Tips & Diet Discussion
Dragon

glycerine advice

Post by Dragon »

Anyone have success using glycerine? I've used about 30ml then tanked about half gallon of water over the course of an hour and it really doesn't seem to have an effect on me. Anyone try the glycerol monostearate? I wonder if it's better.
thicketman

Post by thicketman »

I'm not so sure about the health aspects of it, but from a pump perspective glycerol monostearate is (to date) the best I've experienced other than using RPN's Havoc. Of course these two are apples and oranges.

Also, I've never used an arginine-based product that had any discernable effect, so that would contribute to my statement above.
warriorcookie

Post by warriorcookie »

I know this was a month ago, but I'll weigh in anyway...

I cannot stomach the sweetness of glycerine. I don't have a gag reflex, or so I thought... Never again.

Glycerol Monosterate however has been working well for me. I've been using Glycergrow. It's a little uncomfortable dumping 3 or 4 scoops in your mouth and washing it down, but way better then glycerine.

Gives good pumps. Takes a bit of getting used to. I first tried 1 scoop and it did nothing. Next time was 4 scoops and the pumps were painful. I couldn't finish my last set of my workout. I took it easy for the next week or so and now I can do 3 to 4 scoops without the pain. I take it on an empty stomach too so sometimes it causes a bit of nausea.

Rob recommends taking it at night if you find yourself "joining the ranks of urination nation" :wink:
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

I mix in 1 teaspoon of glycerine and 1 teaspoon of glutamine into my morning shake, which my trainer has me drinking every morning and post workout on high carb days...

Shake is as follows:

1 Cup oatmeal
1 Cup Berries(Blue/Straw/Rasp, etc)
1/2 Frozen Banana
1 Handful Raw Spinach
1 TBSP Raw Honey
1 Scoop Pea Protein
2 Scoops Sprouted Brown Rice Protein
2 TBSP Brewer's Yeast
2 Tsp Maringa Leaf Powder
1 Tsp Glycine
1 Tsp Glutamine
1 Tsp TMG(Betaine)
1/2 Tsp 4:1 Cinnamon Bark Extract Powder
3 g Pure L-Citrulline(not Citrulline Malate)
2 g Spirulina Powder
500 mg ALCAR
100 mg 25:1 MACA Extract Powder
100 mg 20:1 Avena Sativa Extract Powder
100 mg Nattokinase Powder
100 mg 50:1 Nettle Root Extract Powder

Dump all ingredients into a food processor/blender, blend on high, then mix in either water or kefir water to make it liquid enough to drink as this will be a pretty thick shake otherwise...I usually add in enough water to make it fit perfectly into my 24oz Blender Bottle...
burythesystem

Post by burythesystem »

matter2003 wrote:I mix in 1 teaspoon of glycerine and 1 teaspoon of glutamine into my morning shake, which my trainer has me drinking every morning and post workout on high carb days...

Shake is as follows:

1 Cup oatmeal
1 Cup Berries(Blue/Straw/Rasp, etc)
1/2 Frozen Banana
1 Handful Raw Spinach
1 TBSP Raw Honey
1 Scoop Pea Protein
2 Scoops Sprouted Brown Rice Protein
2 TBSP Brewer's Yeast
2 Tsp Maringa Leaf Powder
1 Tsp Glycine
1 Tsp Glutamine
1 Tsp TMG(Betaine)
1/2 Tsp 4:1 Cinnamon Bark Extract Powder
3 g Pure L-Citrulline(not Citrulline Malate)
2 g Spirulina Powder
500 mg ALCAR
100 mg 25:1 MACA Extract Powder
100 mg 20:1 Avena Sativa Extract Powder
100 mg Nattokinase Powder
100 mg 50:1 Nettle Root Extract Powder

Dump all ingredients into a food processor/blender, blend on high, then mix in either water or kefir water to make it liquid enough to drink as this will be a pretty thick shake otherwise...I usually add in enough water to make it fit perfectly into my 24oz Blender Bottle...
Dude......... that's quite the list of ingredients. What kind of difference would you say this shake makes for you?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Interesting protein picks.

Is this because dairy proteins cause you an inflammatory response Matter?
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

RobRegish wrote:Interesting protein picks.

Is this because dairy proteins cause you an inflammatory response Matter?
Yeah, Whey causes inflammation in me, and after a lot of research this blend of proteins has an almost identical Amino Acid profile to whey...all the benefits, none of the bloat, lol
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Interesting.

How'd you find out it was inflammatory? I just ordered up a blood test for almost 100 foods that cause excess inflammation/allergic reactions. Money well spent, IMO...
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

RobRegish wrote:Interesting.

How'd you find out it was inflammatory? I just ordered up a blood test for almost 100 foods that cause excess inflammation/allergic reactions. Money well spent, IMO...
Weight gain, bloating, and eventually felt like my stomach was on fire every time I drank a shake...

Also interesting that Lyn-Genet Recitas, who wrote a book called "The Plan" lists it as one of her highly inflammatory foods that a lot of people have issues with...basically she teaches you how to find foods that cause inflammatory reactions in your body and avoid them...great book, lost 25 lbs in 30 days when I followed her instructions, mostly inflammatory weight...it was as if by magic.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

lost 25 lbs in 30 days when I followed her instructions, mostly inflammatory weight...it was as if by magic.

This says it all! Now I REALLY can't wait to get my food allergies test back...
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

lost 25 lbs in 30 days when I followed her instructions, mostly inflammatory weight...it was as if by magic.

matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

RobRegish wrote:lost 25 lbs in 30 days when I followed her instructions, mostly inflammatory weight...it was as if by magic.

Yeah, its no joke...the thing is, you might not be allergic to something, but it can still be "reactive" to your body, ie, your body doesn't like it. Its like an in between state where your body is like "OK, I'll accept this food, but I am telling you I REALLY don't like it, and would appreciate it if you stop eating it."

For instance, the thing I found I was most reactive to was eggs(specifically egg yolks). I gained 1.2 lbs from simply eating a single egg. Why? Because my body ramped up the inflammatory process internally, specifically in the intestines---holding in water, bloating, eventually leading to chronic inflammatory conditions/autoimmune disorders if kept up long enough. I wasn't allergic to it. If I ate an egg, I didn't break out in hives or go into anaphylactic shock or anything, but my body simply didn't like it, and became inflamed when I ate them. Add whey, tomatoes, potatoes, and mushrooms in there and you could see how you could create a continual pattern of inflammation that leads to more water weight, more bloating and more inflammation, simply by eating the wrong foods for your body chemistry.

It's a fascinating look into how your body operates and as I've often said I learned more about my body in 30 days than I had in the past 37 years combined.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Another GREAT reason, to get the LEF test for food allergies!