beef liver

Learn, share, DISCOVER. Training Table Tips & Diet Discussion
DaCookie

beef liver

Post by DaCookie »

So there is some good supplements on the market for beef liver but the good ones are defatted...it is quite clear they still work but what I want to know has anyone compared the results of these to actually eating substantial amounts of beef liver, say 100-300grams+ and compared to the results of the liver tabs?
RobRegish

Re: beef liver

Post by RobRegish »

DaCookie wrote:So there is some good supplements on the market for beef liver but the good ones are defatted...it is quite clear they still work but what I want to know has anyone compared the results of these to actually eating substantial amounts of beef liver, say 100-300grams+ and compared to the results of the liver tabs?
Can't say as I have Cookie, was always hesitant knowing the liver's function, lol. Beverly's liver tabs are about the only one's I'd trust. Argentine beef liver, if I'm not mistaken..
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

Yes I have those theyre great. Bit iffy on how to run them long term, directions on bottle arent very good as as far as I know 1 for every 10lbs of bodyweight will give you iron poisoning long term? Also theres a bit too much water weight at this dose and I try to remain dry most of the year. Also not a fan of the added cyanocobalmin...inferior junk

Eating actual liver is fine, it detoxes but it doesnt store a big majority enough to worry about it.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

DaCookie wrote:Yes I have those theyre great. Bit iffy on how to run them long term, directions on bottle arent very good as as far as I know 1 for every 10lbs of bodyweight will give you iron poisoning long term? Also theres a bit too much water weight at this dose and I try to remain dry most of the year. Also not a fan of the added cyanocobalmin...inferior junk

Eating actual liver is fine, it detoxes but it doesnt store a big majority enough to worry about it.
I'd think there would be issues long term, yes. If memory serves, beef liver is quite high in b-vitamins. These are water soluble though, so I'd think they're safer than mega-dosing fat soluble ones.

One more reason I like cycling everything Cookie: They seem to have more "punch" once you re-introduce them, after being off for awhile..
UK-Legs

Post by UK-Legs »

Just my 2p (or cents) gents. I go to my local organic butchers and buy 3 kg of beef liver costs about £10 ($16). Cut into slices when raw and freeze them. It's then really easy to cut the frozen slices into tablet sized chunks. Stick in the oven on 50 degrees C for 24-36 hours. Hey presto! Well over a months worth of tabs. Works a charm and super cheap. Enjoy.
Coach Rob

Post by Coach Rob »

UK-Legs wrote:Just my 2p (or cents) gents. I go to my local organic butchers and buy 3 kg of beef liver costs about £10 ($16). Cut into slices when raw and freeze them. It's then really easy to cut the frozen slices into tablet sized chunks. Stick in the oven on 50 degrees C for 24-36 hours. Hey presto! Well over a months worth of tabs. Works a charm and super cheap. Enjoy.
Great ingenuity!
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

Coach Rob wrote:
UK-Legs wrote:Just my 2p (or cents) gents. I go to my local organic butchers and buy 3 kg of beef liver costs about £10 ($16). Cut into slices when raw and freeze them. It's then really easy to cut the frozen slices into tablet sized chunks. Stick in the oven on 50 degrees C for 24-36 hours. Hey presto! Well over a months worth of tabs. Works a charm and super cheap. Enjoy.
Great ingenuity!
Agreed, but be careful to start with organically raised liver.

Organic, grass fed would be optimum.
Coach Rob

Re: beef liver

Post by Coach Rob »

I have NOW's Argentine Beef Liver powder. Thank God I also have pineapple juice to get it down. I'll be doing 2 tablespoons/day circa September 1st so will report back results here.

Was going to go with Beverly's tabs but the glues etc needed to hold them together concerned me. Don't really want that stuff gunking up my plumbing, if you know what I'm saying. We'll see...

Cookie, how many/day were you doing and what did you notice?