Food Allergy Test: Results

Learn, share, DISCOVER. Training Table Tips & Diet Discussion
Coach Rob

Food Allergy Test: Results

Post by Coach Rob »

Going to talk about this on SHR eventually, but wanted to share it here with you first. This is highly recommended, and available from the life extension foundation for around $200. Guarantee it'll be some of the best $ you'll ever spend.

I get a moderate allergic response from the following foods:

* Cow's milk
* Egg whites
* Peanuts/Peanut oil
* Gluten

Unfortunately, I was HIGHLY allergic to one particular "superfood". Drumroll please....

WHEY!!! :(

This is really unfortunate, as I've been using whey daily for oh - the last 25 years. But the results of this little experiment are already paying dues. The very morning I got my results (yesterday), I cut out gluten/milk/egg whites etc and...

Could breath through my nose after dinner. Yep, gluten at dinner (usually baked potato, pasta or quiona) really stuffed me up. It stinks about the whey, but I have no choice - I scored a whopping 898 (vs. a reference range of 150-450). Gratefully, I'm told whey allergies are rare in the general population. I should have known, certainly not "normal", LOL.

In any case, running this test (or something like it) is a smart idea. We put all this food in our body, right? We shop for what we think is the finest food, pay good $ for it etc.

Thank God I'm not allergic to TQ/MPS... :)
matter2003

Re: Food Allergy Test: Results

Post by matter2003 »

Coach Rob wrote:Going to talk about this on SHR eventually, but wanted to share it here with you first. This is highly recommended, and available from the life extension foundation for around $200. Guarantee it'll be some of the best $ you'll ever spend.

* Cow's milk
* Egg whites
* Peanuts/Peanut oil
* Gluten

Unfortunately, I was HIGHLY allergic to one particular "superfood". Drumroll please....

This is really unfortunate, as I've been using whey daily for oh - the last 25 years. But the results of this little experiment are already paying dues. The very morning I got my results (yesterday), I cut out gluten/milk/egg whites etc and...

Could breath through my nose after dinner. Yep, gluten at dinner (usually baked potato, pasta or quiona) really stuffed me up. It stinks about the whey, but I have no choice - I scored a whopping 898 (vs. a reference range of 150-450). Gratefully, I'm told whey allergies are rare in the general population. I should have known, certainly not "normal", LOL.

In any case, running this test (or something like it) is a smart idea. We put all this food in our body, right? We shop for what we think is the finest food, pay good $ for it etc.

What did I tell you about Whey...its one of the most reactive foods out there in a lot of people, lol

I'm telling you, Sprouted Brown Rice Protein and Green Pea Protein in equal amounts with 2 TBSP of Brewers Yeast and you won't miss a thing...well, other than the taste maybe...it has the closest AA profile to Whey you can get...peas are one of the only vegetable sources high in the most important AA Leucine...

Also, quinoa is gluten free as long as its not processed in a facility with other grains...look for certified gluten free on the label
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

After doing more research, I found out that my insurance covers the ALCAT food intolerance test!! Just have to see an allergist to administer the test.

Tests for food, chemicals, food additives, spices, molds, etc...

Can't wait to get this done!!!
FatBoySlimFast

Re: Food Allergy Test: Results

Post by FatBoySlimFast »

Coach Rob wrote:Going to talk about this on SHR eventually, but wanted to share it here with you first. This is highly recommended, and available from the life extension foundation for around $200. Guarantee it'll be some of the best $ you'll ever spend.

* Cow's milk
* Egg whites
* Peanuts/Peanut oil
* Gluten

I ditched whey due to gi issues months back Rob, and it was one of the best decisions I've made.
I've been using Body Nutrition Gardenia Vegan protein ever since. I no longer suffer the gas, bloating that I did with whey and the eczema flare ups I used to get on my face only now happen on the rare occasion I consume yoghurt, I suspect dairy is the issue? I must get one of these food allergy tests done.

You can find my review of Gardenia here.

https://forum.predatornutrition.com/foru ... in-review/