BCAA for maximum muscle gain

Serious supplementation, focused on the MASS line at BodyBuildingSupplements.com
drhowe9

BCAA for maximum muscle gain

Post by drhowe9 »

.) BCAA loading for maximum muscle gain. Load 20-40 grams of a quality
BCAA/L-Glutamine mixture as found in MASS PRO Amino or Glutamine Select

Is this 20-40 grams a day? or spread over the 3 days? Also I recieved my mass pro amino about 3 days ago and I know there was an issue with regards to scoop size. My container says 2 scoops is 8 grams, is that right?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Contact AskMass on the MPA issue. I'm unclear what the issue is but there is/was one related to the scoop-serving size.

The 20-40g of BCAA's is DAILY. Pricey? Yes so if going that route save the good stuff (MPA) for you intra-workout drinks. The other stuff you can use outside the workout.

Remember, there are two BCAA loading protocols specified in BP. Both have had outstanding feedback, happy to say. They are great tools when used in said fashion and I'm glad it's been working for you guys!
Gotsouthern

Post by Gotsouthern »

I JUST received my MPA last week and the scoop in it measures out 7.5 grams on my scale. Just thought I'd throw that in the mix.
drhowe9

Post by drhowe9 »

awesome , thanks gotsouthern
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

**updated info**

MASS PRO Amino has always been set up for a two scoop (8 gram total) serving size but the new scoop they used DOES equate to one scoop equaling 8 grams.

And, I have to differ in a friendly manner from Rob's all-product-inclusive-opinion, because I think a double serving is excessive for MASS PRO Amino.

Superior, medical grade isolated amino's uptake fast and efficiently.

That is a fact, and there IS a significant difference.

That said, the new, longer handled and easier to use MPA scoop is equal to 8 grams total, not the prior 4.
seasoned

Post by seasoned »

Gotsouthern wrote:I JUST received my MPA last week and the scoop in it measures out 7.5 grams on my scale. Just thought I'd throw that in the mix.
WOW, I almost posted a message and said MY calculations, based on comparison with amino shooter(almost IDENTICAL SIZE, in every respect except the scoop has an additional 1/6 lip) and came up the SAME!

3 as scoops = 19gms scoop is 6.33 without lip(*5/6) = 5.275
5.275 Allow for product weight difference(*340/240)= 7.473

I made a mistake in my math at one point, and decided to hold off.

THANKS for confirming it though. WOW, I was CLOSE!

BTW the amino shooter lip is ABOVE the handle point, and obviously an after thought. Otherwise, the scoop is IDENTICAL in EVERY respect! So apparently they used a standard scoop in MPA.

Steve
seasoned

Post by seasoned »

Askmass,

Are you saying gotsouthern is wrong? Mine was picked from your stock right about the time the person, who wrote the first post, put it up.

Calculations of amino shooter say 17.895 servings, and they claim 18
Calulations of MPA shooter say 30 servings, and you claim 30

So they are both about the same, with regard to accuracy of the weight versus servings.

So is the scoop we got 4 or about 8 grams?

BTW just so there are no mistakes, amino shooter is basically a drink that contains aminos, so I am not claiming that they are better, etc.. I simply had the bottle, noticed the similarity, didn't have a scale, and hoped this would answer my questions.

Steve
Gotsouthern

Post by Gotsouthern »

I recall John making a post recently about a change in scoop size, which is why I weighted mine out anyhow. But as long as I know how much its weighing out, the actual scoop size doesn't much matter. A decent digital scale is a wonderful thing to have in general, Bed Bath and Beyond has 'em for $20 and its the best $20 I've spent in a while. Highly recommended.
seasoned

Post by seasoned »

Gotsouthern wrote:I recall John making a post recently about a change in scoop size, which is why I weighted mine out anyhow. But as long as I know how much its weighing out, the actual scoop size doesn't much matter. A decent digital scale is a wonderful thing to have in general, Bed Bath and Beyond has 'em for $20 and its the best $20 I've spent in a while. Highly recommended.
Bed bath and beyond has one THAT accurate? I have a decent digital scale, that is like one sold at places like BBB and IT is only accurate to .2Pounds=3.2oz approx 92.8grams I guess you COULD measure out 120 scoops or so(to mitigate rounding errors), but that is just too much. For letters, they MIGHT go to .5oz on the low end. I just didn't think it was worth it.

Steve
Gotsouthern

Post by Gotsouthern »

Yeah its the Biggest Loser one of all things lol. It was the best bang for the buck one so that's why I scooped it. Accurate to within 1 gram. To be honest I used my reloading scale (as in the kind used to reload rifle and handgun cartridges) to check the MPA just cause I wanted a super-accurate number. Reloading scale measures to the .1 grain, which there's 15.43 grains in one gram, so yeah, it'll let ya know what's up lol.
seasoned

Post by seasoned »

Gotsouthern wrote:Yeah its the Biggest Loser one of all things lol. It was the best bang for the buck one so that's why I scooped it. Accurate to within 1 gram. To be honest I used my reloading scale (as in the kind used to reload rifle and handgun cartridges) to check the MPA just cause I wanted a super-accurate number. Reloading scale measures to the .1 grain, which there's 15.43 grains in one gram, so yeah, it'll let ya know what's up lol.
See there, you CHEATED, using a reloading scale! YEAH, I think that is the type I may get the next time I deal with it. Too many treat grams as a measure of VOLUME. It ISN'T! It's a measure of mass or weight.

Steve
Gotsouthern

Post by Gotsouthern »

seasoned wrote:
See there, you CHEATED, using a reloading scale! YEAH, I think that is the type I may get the next time I deal with it. Too many treat grams as a measure of VOLUME. It ISN'T! It's a measure of mass or weight.

Steve
Yeah but you gotta ask yourself, when you get to where your weighing your supps or food out on a scale intended to measure gunpowder and bullets to a safety mandated minutia, where does it end? Lol. Next stop might be a shrink :?

Note: I've NEVER weighted any food item to the grain on my reloading scale, just so we're clear. I swear lol.
drhowe9

Post by drhowe9 »

so to be clear 2 scoops is 8 grams?!
Gotsouthern

Post by Gotsouthern »

drhowe9 wrote:so to be clear 2 scoops is 8 grams?!
With the scoop Ive got 1 scoop is 8 grams (or close enough to call).