BCAA for maximum muscle gain

Serious supplementation, focused on the MASS line at BodyBuildingSupplements.com
seasoned

Post by seasoned »

drhowe9 wrote:so to be clear 2 scoops is 8 grams?!
Let's try to be a bit more precise here. The scope I got, which figures to be about 7.5grams, roughly, is approx 1 1/8"(~2.85cm) inside diameter, Approx 5/8"(~1.58cm) deep inside. Of course, these numbers are NOT accurate, but the correct scoop may be 1/4 smaller overall, one of the dimensions will be 1/2 the size, or something similar. So the size difference should be noticeable.

I doubt I am wrong, since I came up with the same number getsouthern came up with. BTW my scope has a handle about 3.25"(~8.26cm) long, and is kind of clear.

Steve
drhowe9

Post by drhowe9 »

Thanks steve
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

OK guys, I am back and went to the shop today to do an extensive investigation on this discrepancy and have been talking back and forth with the lab, also.

In a nutshell, it IS the scoop that's at issue here.

I knew once I was able to actually see it and compare it to the old style.

The new one they packed DOES in fact equate to approximately 8 grams as you guys wisely noted, not the previous 4g.

Precisely, they used a 9cc scoop which is a little less than a tablespoon (which itself roughly equals 15 grams of sugar).

You always have to account for density of the particular power (or liquid, etc.), and even humidity and so forth can cause variances, also.

But yes, it is 8 grams if you heap it slightly.

The old scoop had a 5cc line (close approximation is a teaspoon).

Nothing is perfect in this world, and we sincerely apologize to the guys who used up their MPA too quickly by unknowingly double dosing because of the mistake by the lab tech. She designated the wrong information on the paperwork. That's what I get for asking for an upgraded scoop, eh?

Brian and Kip from the lab asked me to send along their personal apologies, also. They run a 1st class operation, but human error can and does happen once in a blue moon. They are beside themselves that this simple but important detail fell through the cracks.

Anyway, moving on we are having stickers affixed to alert customers of this discrepancy, and I can't thank you guys enough for alerting us to this so soon which allows us the privilege to quickly make things right.

To that end, watch this space for a very special discount offer for BP members only on MASS PRO Amino.

We'll be lowering the price for the general public on this production lot, but you guys will be able to apply an additional savings voucher on top of that.

All the best to you guys.
Gotsouthern

Post by Gotsouthern »

askmass wrote: To that end, watch this space for a very special discount offer for BP members only on MASS PRO Amino.

We'll be lowering the price for the general public on this production lot, but you guys will be able to apply an additional savings voucher on top of that.

John, its such as the above why you'll get every thin red dime of my supplement money from now till I can't lift the pills/powders to my own wrinkled ass mouth!! You guys are great, much appreciated brother.
seasoned

Post by seasoned »

I certainly appreciate it ALSO! BTW, as for the scoop, etc... maybe it might be a good idea to simply change the directions to 1 scoop per serving, and mention that it should be heaping. I LIKE the one scoop idea, and the scoop is apparently standard.

Steve
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

Agreed completely.

That's most likely what we'll do, Steve.
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

askmass wrote:OK guys, I am back and went to the shop today to do an extensive investigation on this discrepancy and have been talking back and forth with the lab, also.

In a nutshell, it IS the scoop that's at issue here.

I knew once I was able to actually see it and compare it to the old style.

The new one they packed DOES in fact equate to approximately 8 grams as you guys wisely noted, not the previous 4g.

Precisely, they used a 9cc scoop which is a little less than a tablespoon (which itself roughly equals 15 grams of sugar).

You always have to account for density of the particular power (or liquid, etc.), and even humidity and so forth can cause variances, also.

But yes, it is 8 grams if you heap it slightly.

The old scoop had a 5cc line (close approximation is a teaspoon).

Nothing is perfect in this world, and we sincerely apologize to the guys who used up their MPA too quickly by unknowingly double dosing because of the mistake by the lab tech. She designated the wrong information on the paperwork. That's what I get for asking for an upgraded scoop, eh?

Brian and Kip from the lab asked me to send along their personal apologies, also. They run a 1st class operation, but human error can and does happen once in a blue moon. They are beside themselves that this simple but important detail fell through the cracks.

Anyway, moving on we are having stickers affixed to alert customers of this discrepancy, and I can't thank you guys enough for alerting us to this so soon which allows us the privilege to quickly make things right.

To that end, watch this space for a very special discount offer for BP members only on MASS PRO Amino.

Just wondering since this topic is about BCAA.Whats the difference between mass pro amino and say bulk BCAA?

This for me is the only product in the line that isnt something special.I use to think the same of the fish oil but thats no longer the case when I read up on it compared to traditional fish oils.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Ratio of aminos used. AskMass can tell you more...

There is a difference. For some more than others but there's a reason why its priced differently. That and the quality of amino's/sourcing for such. To each his own though. Use what works best for you!
seasoned

Post by seasoned »

BCAA is more a CLASS of product than a product. It means ONLY that the main component is a mix of leucine, isoleucine, and valine. Some MAY contain other things, but those 3 items are what define the BCAA Branced Chain Amino Acids. The difference is the quality of the items, the ratio, and added components.

As Rob said though, Askmass would have to give the details.

Steve
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

DaCookie wrote:Just wondering since this topic is about BCAA.Whats the difference between mass pro amino and say bulk BCAA?

This for me is the only product in the line that isnt something special.I use to think the same of the fish oil but thats no longer the case when I read up on it compared to traditional fish oils.
Yep... Huge difference in the Nordic Naturals "Ultimate Omega" we carry, no two ways about it. It is truly the world's finest - and safest.

Similar situation with the BCAA's in MASS PRO Amino. We won't allow Chinese amino's in the product. They are USA made and medical grade.

They cost substantially more than the imports, no argument, but there is the compelling issue of our customers counting on us for top shelf quality and guaranteed assimilation.

The ratio is very specific, also, and the Glutamine is "Glutamine Supreme" which we've had in our line forever. Again, medical grade and what our customers expect from us.

We've never attempted to compete on price verses the cheap lines, and we never will, because quality is the first priority. By going this route, we've won over an enviable list of patrons who are quite discerning and speak very well of us. Literal, living, breathing winning athletes who are unpaid spokespersons for the MASS line is our secret sales force on the street.

I do think that MPA really shines in endurance events. Us century bikers, for instance, can tell a remarkable difference in MPA verses a bulk BCAA.

That said, if you are using a bulk BCAA that gives you noticeable results, then you'll get no argument from me. Hard sell has never been our mode.

Best to you, Cookie.
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

Fair enough.Cant be a home run for me for every mass supp then I guess.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Now there's a nice, honest answer from both AskMass and DaCookie. These are things I love to see and what make this board a great place. No agenda's, no "steering" to one line or another. Not even a link to the MASS store! EVERY other board does this. Not here...

Just honest dialogue and the ever present mantra: "Try and use what works best for YOU"
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

I dont like the "Try and use what works best for YOU" thing.For example in pre workout category your typical product does basically nothing-to very little performance wise.But your average person may think that its working for him but its actually placebo.Think of pink magic as another example.

When science proves that something is a superior product or its just plain obvious eg kre-anabolyn vrs chinese ecdy then its not a case of "Try and use what works best for YOU" its simply "this product works better"

But then things can be opinion related, relative to cost.
DJ82585

Post by DJ82585 »

cookie,

what fish oil do you use?