BCAA for maximum muscle gain

Serious supplementation, focused on the MASS line at BodyBuildingSupplements.com
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Fair assessment. I guess you hear me say that when talking about two quality products.

I'll try to keep that in mind going forward Cookie..
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

DJ82585 wrote:cookie,

what fish oil do you use?
Super EPA but im going to switch to something else once I finish the current tube in light of information I read.
doolee

Post by doolee »

Have some questions for anyone on the board, but in particular, I'd like to hear from askmass. I'm looking to buy some BCAAs in the near future (although still working through my MASS PRO and LOVING IT!), desiring a more cost conservative option.
I've read a lot of hate on Glutamine, and it's supposed lack of value. I know just one of the arguments is that Glutamine concentration is naturally high in the body. What can be said for the value of supplementing Glutamine (as I know many brands such as Mass Pro, Xtend, and XF ICE include them)?
Second, how important is Vitamin b6 consumption within the time period of ingesting amino acids (intraworkout in particular)?

I'm currently looking at either Xtend (Glutamine + B6) vs. RecoverPro (higher BCAA concentration to cost ratio, 4:1:1 ratio, and no Glutamine).
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

Hi Doolee.

Not sure if you are speaking of MASS PRO Amino specifically, or the MASS PRO Whey version.

MASS PRO Whey does not have any outside source Glutamine added to it like some other powders tout. This is because we do not believe it is positive to mess around with what is essentially an organic, properly processed whey's natural structure, and thus it's natural form and function.

That said, the natural Glutamine content is very highly concentrated - to the extent that the undesirable portions of the whey such as lactose are refined a second time after being pulled out to snag a little extra of the original source Glutamine and other proteins. This is added back to the bulk of the refined blend.

I do not know of any serious athlete or researcher that spouts "Glutamine hate", and if I did I would question their knowledge base to make such a statement. Muscle can store and utilize a great amount of it, and for the athlete in particular it is probably rightly dubbed the most important amino.

The average lay person who doesn't supplement it is not walking around with large stores of it in their tissue, however.

As far as speaking to MASS PRO Amino more so, I can not in good faith recommend any of the low grade Chinese BCAA's or Glutamine items as a replacement any more than I can say anything positive about their whey powders.

Never mind the fake potency claims, wrong ratios and denautring processing- The imported stuff is flat out risky from a quality control and safety standpoint (melamine and contaminants). Our products undergo MORE stringent quality control testing than pharmaceuticals. That is a fact.

I personally use MASS PRO Whey and Amino every single day in my cycling training and they are truly invaluable to me. So do my friends and family, and I consider you guys one and the same.

If I were faced with nothing, or the Chinese versions, I'd use nothing but organic foods.

More on both MASS PRO products, here- https://bodybuildingsupplements.com/protein_amino_acids.html (the MPA profile is towards the bottom)

Not to let too much out of the bag, but our annual month long "biggest sale of the year" is coming soon and it would be the perfect time to stock up on the real deal items we carry while also saving yourself major coin... more on that in a couple weeks.
doolee

Post by doolee »

Most of what I've read comes from the bb forums, and from what I've read, the support for glutamine supplementation is about half and half. Another popular argument is that much of the glutamine does not make it past the digestion process, and supplementation is of little value outside of cutting. My BCAA product supplementations are mostly intraworkout as I assume this fact is of importance. That being said, I have no personal opinion on the subject as I've never taken Glutamine on its own.

My questions were in regards to MASS PRO AMINO, btw.

Lastly, the likelihood of RecoverPro being a cheap source of aminos would not surprise me due to the cost per bcaa (147 servings of 6g for 40). However, Xtend has received many praises as an effective product. XF ICE also claims high quality amino acids (ajipure). That being said, I will likely think upon the matter, and will decide on a product whenever MASS does their sale.

Any input on the supposed synergy with b6?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

There is some merit to it BUT it's overplayed. Largely marketing and an attempt to make it look like they're REALLY done their homework (it's also dirt cheap) and used as a differentiator.

It doesn't hurt, but I've seen no difference in the real world with BCAA loading vs. BCAA+B6 loading...

Hope that helps..
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

Unless someone is very badly deficient in B6 intake then it is of no consequence and window dressing at best for the other 99.9% of users.
truemuscle

Post by truemuscle »

The most important reason for which the BCAA supplements are taken is that these acids help in balancing fatty acid levels, commonly referred to as fats. People all over the world consider this as a magic pill as it lessens the most dreaded fatty acids in the body thereby reducing the extra weight. In fact, expert dietitians have strongly approved of these supplements for obese people
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Hello there Truemuscle..

I'd like the name you bought BP under at PayPal please. Feel free to PM me..
BrainSquirts

... long dead thread...

Post by BrainSquirts »

RobRegish wrote:There is some merit to it BUT it's overplayed. Largely marketing and an attempt to make it look like they're REALLY done their homework (it's also dirt cheap) and used as a differentiator.

It doesn't hurt, but I've seen no difference in the real world with BCAA loading vs. BCAA+B6 loading...

Hope that helps..
... long dead thread...

was reading https://www.ergo-log.com/effect-bcaas-mu ... ndent.html
brought this to mind...
I learned from Coach Rob long ago -
with BCAA’s
Go big (doses) or leave them alone!

been tweaking around with them (and other AA’s) for years with mixed results
would agree with Rob that (most likely synthetic) isolated b6 ain''t it but...
starting to question if there aren’t co-factors we haven’t considered for increasing BCAA's efficacy.
ideas?
????
askmass
Site Admin

Re: ... long dead thread...

Post by askmass »

BrainSquirts wrote:
RobRegish wrote:There is some merit to it BUT it's overplayed. Largely marketing and an attempt to make it look like they're REALLY done their homework (it's also dirt cheap) and used as a differentiator.

Hope that helps..
... long dead thread...

was reading https://www.ergo-log.com/effect-bcaas-mu ... ndent.html
brought this to mind...
I learned from Coach Rob long ago -
with BCAA’s
Go big (doses) or leave them alone!

been tweaking around with them (and other AA’s) for years with mixed results
would agree with Rob that (most likely synthetic) isolated b6 ain''t it but...
starting to question if there aren’t co-factors we haven’t considered for increasing BCAA's efficacy.
ideas?
????
You must be a mind reader, man!

I've been quietly working on a big reformulation for MASS PRO Amino with some very powerful co-factors and enhancers, at that.

It's going to have 7 additional components added to the traditional base MPA formula... including a shot of B6 if only as an insurance policy at dosing time.

Stay tuned!
BrainSquirts

Re: ... long dead thread...

Post by BrainSquirts »

askmass wrote: You must be a mind reader, man!
sht Bo - I rarely have access to mind at all... too much interference from body and brains... :)

askmass wrote: I've been quietly working on a big reformulation for MASS PRO Amino with some very powerful co-factors and enhancers, at that.

It's going to have 7 additional components added to the traditional base MPA formula... including a shot of B6 if only as an insurance policy at dosing time.

Stay tuned!
Sounds great . Thanks. :) :) :)

Hackers ( and pro’s) :
(going ahead with putting this here... since I didn’t find a ‘Leucine’ thread *...)

More than once I’ve gotten comparable results from just leucine alone (packed mid afternoon) instead of BCAA’s,
- so for the hackers ( and pro’s), I’m also asking same basic question for leucine... know of any non amino cofactors?

Also, more than once have just dropped whichever one I’m taking ( BCAA’s or leucine) for either lack of impact or for ‘intuitive’ reasons... if I drop one have tried moving on to other aminos (l-Cit...etc) but have never tried just switching to the other one if I drop one. Anyone with thoughts, knowledge, or experience with this?

*did find this https://bodybuildingsupplements.com/ ... ht=leucine
Coach Rob

Post by Coach Rob »

More than once I’ve gotten comparable results from just leucine alone (packed mid afternoon) instead of BCAA’s,
- so for the hackers ( and pro’s), I’m also asking same basic question for leucine... know of any non amino cofactors?

A. More leucine (up to 6:1:1) is the biggest hitter, IMO. MASS's new and re-worked MPA is worth the wait IMO

Might already be out?

IMO though, MPS dosing on training days only is the biggest bang for your buck. EAA's will trump BCAA's all day/every day, to say nothing of all the other MPS actives.

Also, more than once have just dropped whichever one I’m taking ( BCAA’s or leucine) for either lack of impact or for ‘intuitive’ reasons... if I drop one have tried moving on to other aminos (l-Cit...etc) but have never tried just switching to the other one if I drop one. Anyone with thoughts, knowledge, or experience with this?

A. Citrulline is one alternative, as well as more comprehensive products like Nitro AKG. Every time I take Nitro AKG, it makes a NOTICEABLE difference in pump, muscle fullness and other objective measures..[/b]
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

The big MASS PRO AMINO upgrade is indeed coming soon...!

VERY HIGHLY TARGETED formula.

Powerful stuff.