Obama vs Osama

Discuss Sports, Music, Movies, Laughs & Life...
JML2011

Obama vs Osama

Post by JML2011 »

As you all may well be aware by now... Osama Bin Laden was laid to rest by Navy Seals. I was one of the first to find out of this great news :)

Hopefully you all got to watch Obama's speech live, but if not, you should go watch it now!!

God Bless America. :)

The fight is not over... it has just begun.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Amen..

I heard it was a Believer Seal, in a BP Tshirt no less!!

:) :) :)
JML2011

Post by JML2011 »

I can neither confirm nor deny my involvement with SEAL Team 6.
Hank!

Post by Hank! »

Ever read any Dick Marchinko novels, earlier ones. He was He was the first Commanding Officer of SEAL Team Six and Red Cell.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Marcinko

Bad asses
JML2011

Post by JML2011 »

I know Dick Couch personally.

Now that man is a God...

rediculous. Still gets after it too.
Hank!

Post by Hank! »

sounds like dicks make good seals...very bad joke
JML2011

Post by JML2011 »

haha true that.

They are trying to get approval for women to join our elite force, but that is just a dumb and stupid idea. I dont care how amazing of a girl you are physically and mentally. I really do not believe that the capabilities are the same.

There are tons and tons of reasons why, and I wont rant about it here ;)
Hank!

Post by Hank! »

Women will eventually be in special operation groups, there are instances where they may be better suited to a given task.
I will agree that for the most part when it comes to physical output men to have an advantage. I would not dismiss however a womens aptitude for physical or mental discomfort, or the ability to perform under duress. They have proven over and over again that they more than capable to pick up and start killing in the absence of men. (look at the female snipers that defended russia from zee germans)
Lyudmila Pavlichenko (WWII, 309 kills)
Nina Lobkovskaya (WWII, 308 kills)

Just saying..
seasoned

Post by seasoned »

The seals aspire what they ALL should aspire to be. And that means there should be NO racism, sexism, etc.... BUT, they should only take the BEST, REGARDLESS of anything! Women tend to have more fat, so it would be harder for them to stay down, tend to be shorter, so some things will be harder, tend to be weaker, so some things will be harder, so they WOULD be in the minority. TOUGH! Even many MEN don't make the grade. That would be INSANELY obvious, but MOST men that can't do it simply won't even apply!

Frankly, I think the stupid liberals that think requirements should be lowered should have to WAIT for a special person, like the first female that is available. After all, they ARE for "diversity", right? And if they die, or get injured, because the person was a little too slow? TOUGH! It is THEIR fault. Maybe The person that failed surpassed the new requirements.

BTW I never bothered applying. I never would have. I wouldn't have made the seals. And if this sounds sexist, etc... forget it. Itt is just being REASONABLE! After all, I am different enough that I doubt anyone like me may be on the seals. I'm not even sure if any relatives were. I HAVE had a number of relatives in the military. Pretty much all branches. And I like women, and am not striving to insure all men are employed or whatever. I see no reason in that. But taking an inferior applicant ONLY because they are something else is just DUMB! HEY, if they really believe in THAT, maybe they SHOULD take me! And if they take ME, maybe they should take ANYONE! I wonder how well I would have gone down the ropes, shot all those people, etc.... I used to be a pretty good shot!

Steve
Hank!

Post by Hank! »

seasoned wrote:The seals aspire what they ALL should aspire to be. And that means there should be NO racism, sexism, etc.... BUT, they should only take the BEST, REGARDLESS of anything! Women tend to have more fat, so it would be harder for them to stay down, tend to be shorter, so some things will be harder, tend to be weaker, so some things will be harder, so they WOULD be in the minority. TOUGH! Even many MEN don't make the grade. That would be INSANELY obvious, but MOST men that can't do it simply won't even apply!

Frankly, I think the stupid liberals that think requirements should be lowered should have to WAIT for a special person, like the first female that is available. After all, they ARE for "diversity", right? And if they die, or get injured, because the person was a little too slow? TOUGH! It is THEIR fault. Maybe The person that failed surpassed the new requirements.

BTW I never bothered applying. I never would have. I wouldn't have made the seals. And if this sounds sexist, etc... forget it. Itt is just being REASONABLE! After all, I am different enough that I doubt anyone like me may be on the seals. I'm not even sure if any relatives were. I HAVE had a number of relatives in the military. Pretty much all branches. And I like women, and am not striving to insure all men are employed or whatever. I see no reason in that. But taking an inferior applicant ONLY because they are something else is just DUMB! HEY, if they really believe in THAT, maybe they SHOULD take me! And if they take ME, maybe they should take ANYONE! I wonder how well I would have gone down the ropes, shot all those people, etc.... I used to be a pretty good shot!

Steve
Here here we are on the same page
bigpelo

Post by bigpelo »

There is a policy in a government owned business in Quebec: positive discrimination. It means that if two peoples apply for the same job with relatively same experience/education, they will take the one that is woman/immigrant/handicap/etc.

What that means? If you are a white christian fully functional man born in Quebec (like me), you have very low chances of being take. Unless of have a post-doctoral diploma in a very specific field of expertise, but than you are no more "normal"...
Nani

Post by Nani »

I disagree with your comment that FIGHT IS NOT OVER AND HAD JUST BEGUN.
The fight is over and they should come home now.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

bigpelo wrote:There is a policy in a government owned business in Quebec: positive discrimination. It means that if two peoples apply for the same job with relatively same experience/education, they will take the one that is woman/immigrant/handicap/etc.

What that means? If you are a white christian fully functional man born in Quebec (like me), you have very low chances of being take. Unless of have a post-doctoral diploma in a very specific field of expertise, but than you are no more "normal"...
Welcome to the first step, in having your country watered down/eventually destroyed, like ours!

How would history had been different, if The Manhattan project team was picked NOT based on the best and brightest, but rather "one of everyone/every kind"? You know, so nobody's "feelings" were hurt??

Bullshit. You either meet the physical/mental toughness requirements or you don't - just like the NFL. You see any chicks on the line there? No?? Far as I know, nobody stops women from playing football in HS, College and if they make the cut - the NFL.

How about MMA? Any woman out there willing to climb into the octagon with Brock Lesnar? Far as I know, MILLIONS of dollars await you - so where are the takers?

Lookie here - I'm not saying they don't belong. They do, in almost every part of the workforce/playing field. What I am saying, is that this notion that we're all the same and deserve to work in the same yellow submarine is STUPID. This "you MUST embrace diversity" CRAP is just that - CRAP. It has nothing to do with opening your company up to a lawsuit, right?

Right...

We're all the same, are we? That HAS to be true for the ultimate physical test too, right? You know, a fight to the death?? How about the Olympics???

Why is it then, all these female Olympic athletes get popped taking male hormones like TESTOSTERONE and its analogs, to set world records? How come nobody's taking estrogen to set world records?

Have at it HR flunkies of the world. Your HR handbook won't have a snappy answer, for that one...
Street-dreams

Post by Street-dreams »

Honestly I think there is some limited merit to diversity.. I mean some companies will ignore some of these people (women,immigrants ect..) to their own detriment. Different groups of people have different skill sets, point of views.

Do I think we should force everyone to hire immigrants/women/handicapped people? NO.

The point is that even though it might be a good idea to have some sort of mix, sometimes people are just not as good of candidates as others and to hire them instead of the white male is just stupid.