McGwire Comes Clean

Discuss Sports, Music, Movies, Laughs & Life...
RobRegish

McGwire Comes Clean

Post by RobRegish »

https://www.steroidtimes.com/mark-mcgwir ... dirty/2010

You mean it really wasn't Osmo's "Andro 50"?

By the way, great read on this is Steroid Nation by Shaun Assel. CEO of Osmo was in jail at the time and as a result of this stunt made more money as a locked up felon then ever before.

Great country.
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

Steroid Nation is a great read for the athlete and spectator alike.
scoooter

Post by scoooter »

I do think that some states have set conditions (law) where a person convicted cannot turn a profit from their wrong doing. It may be limited in scope to say a murder or very harsh offense.

I don't care if this guy is making a few dollars telling his story.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

I suspect the real motive was his desire to get into the Hall of Fame. I think he'll get in, but Bonds won't. At this point you can't change the past.

Credibility/honesty will be the qualifier.

A most interesting article for you guys:

https://www.anthonyroberts.co.za/2010/01 ... aily-news/

Appears his usage was FAR from just for "healing" purposes. In fact, given the reported compounds used/dosages it was more in line with what the Gold's crowd was using at the time!

"In March 2005, McGwire’s regimen was one-half cc of testosterone cypionate every three days; one cc of testosterone enanthate per week; the veterinary steroids Equipoise and Winstrol V, one quarter cc every three days, injected..."

Excerpt from the article:

"Other experts said the substances themselves, regardless of dosage, were inappropriate for the kind of “healing” McGwire says he was seeking from steroid use. Winstrol V, in particular, is known among bodybuilders to increase joint pain, rather than alleviate it, according to Anthony Roberts, a blogger, trainer and steroid expert.

“Winstrol would literally be your last choice steroid-wise, if you were trying to rehab or prehab an injury,” Roberts says."