Don't think THIS can't happen here!

Discuss Sports, Music, Movies, Laughs & Life...
RobRegish

Don't think THIS can't happen here!

Post by RobRegish »

Germany Calls For Energy Shot Ban
February 4, 2010
By: Johnny Justice

In Germany, the Federal Institute for Risk Assessment (BfR) has issued a statement that says while there were no inherent health issues if one energy shot drink per day were used but consumers could not be trusted to follow this advice, and so deemed the drinks unsafe!

“In the case of ‘energy shot’ products, such consumer behaviour (considerably excessive intake) cannot be avoided by manufacturer’s advice for intended use,” the BfR said. “BfR thus recommends that ‘energy shots’ are prohibited from being placed on the market.”
scoooter

Post by scoooter »

here's a tidbit about someone who almost actually got their wings (as in becoming an angel) after having these boost type drinks. Rather than drink coffee everyday at 4 a.m. because of working the early shift this person would slam one or more of those "gives you wings" drinks. Over a period of time (months) the walls of the artery became thin and he suffered an attack and nearly got his wings....scarry.

At least the Germans have the gov't to protect them...
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Really? Wow.

Can you elaborate a bit? That's an interesting story...
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

Yet, drinking alcohol is promoted in Germany at the earliest of ages and doing so excessively is a virtual badge of national pride.

Cigarette machines are found as commonly and openly and in a similar style to our Coke/Pepsi machines... If you've got the greenback, you can purchase your cigs to light up and puff away at any age.

This "ban" is the epitome of Government hypocrisy, and vested interest influence... but we have plenty of that already here in the U-S of A as well, ever increasingly so for the last few decades.

Give me LIBERTY or give me death.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

I sense some hostility stirring underneath your comments John.
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

More just a staunch voice for personal freedom and liberty - and of personal responsibility and accountability.

I'm not so much defending Red Bull as I'm defending The Constitution and Bill of Rights.

When we're down to being "allowed" Vitamin C in "government approved safe" 5mg tablets, maybe then people will understand that giving up our personal freedoms and liberties in (ever increasing) incremental stages under the guise of being protected against the latest big bad monster is no different that having huge amounts of it stolen all at once.

Enough already.
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

dracotdrgn

Post by dracotdrgn »

RobRegish wrote:I sense some hostility stirring underneath your comments John.
I got the vibe too.
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

(moved to Dino's as it's as much a political policy and rights discussion as anything)
scoooter

Post by scoooter »

RobRegish wrote:Really? Wow.

Can you elaborate a bit? That's an interesting story...
Not much else to say - was going out of town taking the train with a friend and we met into someone and he told his story to us. It began when we were talking about being tired and in need of a pick me up and this guy gave us his story and warning not to mess with the energy drinks. Perhaps the effects on him were extreme. This guy drives a trash truck and was drinking one to two of these energy drinks to get him going in the morning instead of coffee. He had been using them for a while but something in the drinks caused the lining of his arteries to become thinner over time which in turn allowed an embolism that almost popped inside of him. Everything in moderation I guess.

The way things are going we're all going to have to wear helmets and bubble wrap per Gov't order !!
Zman42

Post by Zman42 »

No joke, I took a 5 Hour Energy right before this thread.

Gubb'ment banning anything that isn't overtly dangerous (ie drugs and such) to the masses just makes me shake my head.
scoooter

Post by scoooter »

I'm shaking my head too ! (hope its not from that drink.....lol)

It seems as if there is a landslide of gov't intervention going on in regards to what us free citizens can and cannot consume. It also appears as if the governing powers that be have the ability to take care of us by telling us whats safe and what isn't...bunch of political BS. Its driven by greed don't get fooled. If there is a method to extract funds from supplements then the gov't will be drawn to its profits and set up laws to ensure the politicians get $$$ aren't these elected officials supposed to represent the masses ?

rambling end. :)
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

I agree with this wholeheartedly.

Nail on the head...