The Total Package Lex Luger Today...

Discuss Sports, Music, Movies, Laughs & Life...
askmass
Site Admin

The Total Package Lex Luger Today...

Post by askmass »

He seems happier than ever, and beyond the physical changes, in a lot of ways a totally different person.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYZQCA8XZAs

I'll just say that, "in the day", in the gym he and Borden owned in ATL he probably ran off more patrons with his lousy attitude than he attracted with his famous name.

That said, I'm really happy to see how well he is progressing after his spinal injury, and the greater story of how he has been going far out of his way to help and inspire others for some time now.

He's more of a Total Package then ever before, if you ask me.
dracotdrgn

Post by dracotdrgn »

Yea, saw him on the 700 Club telling his life story. He's one of the greats.....
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Really amazing to see him now vs. then. Hopefully he's in a better place seems to be...

Powerful lesson there. God, I remember when he came up here. Saw him up close in The Meadowlands. Was driving a town car with Sting in the passenger seat, Steiners in the back. His forearm looked to be about the size of my thigh!
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

RobRegish wrote:His forearm looked to be about the size of my thigh!
It was then, Rob, LOL!

He was a very strong dude in those days, but Steve "Doctor Death" Williams was THE biggest raw boned packed with muscle man I've ever seen from that era.

Big as a house, and you knew could still beat you handily in the 40 yard dash. UFC champ material before it was fashionable.

He's gone now, and God rest his soul.
Boom21

Post by Boom21 »

sounds so delicious!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Yeah man, AskMass made Dr. D. sound like Prime Rib!

He was fantastic in the ring. Very explosive and stiff. Paired with Gordy, it was something to watch.
Hank!

Post by Hank! »

When I was a kid I thought Joe Leduc was the baddest strongest dude ever.

Grew up in FL watching NWA Dusty Rhodes, Baron Von Ratske, Ron Bass, The Funks Ernie The Cat Lad..etc great times man it was a blast too over hyped over produced for me now
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Wow Hank you were there in the FL heyday!

Wish I was. That for sure was a golden era...
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

Didn't know you were old school NWA, Hank.

You had some great stuff down there, and Gordon Solie to clinch the deal!

Williams/Gordy in their prime, and the way you build a match start to finish- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyVJwELqrGU
Hank!

Post by Hank! »

One of the funniest things I remember was when for some reason Dusty had to leave the state after a loss, but a mysterious new masked wrestler appeared and was making mincemeat out of all challengers with a powerful almost bionic elbow and a gigantic belly & double D man boobs . Gordon was just dumbfounded , he couldnt figure out who this masked crusader was.

Anyhow Solie finally gets an interview with the Midnight Rider after a match, and Solie would ask a questions and turn away from the wrestler. The wrestler woul then lift his mask..and lisp the works Iths Mee , Ithss Mee good ole Dusty that was pure comedy

holy sh!t i found some clips
who could this masked mystry be?
lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8HRGy1iEm4
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

That dude might or *might NOT* be Dusty Rhodes, but Terry Funk told me personally that he's a yellow dog, no matter who he says he is... yep, an egg suckin' yellow dog!, sez Mr. Funk!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bpCjjgUSrE

(great stuff, we'll have to catch lunch next time I'm in Greenville Hank)
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Classic, absolute classic.

Who remembers the James Boy's? Big Dust and T.A. showed up under masks and kidnapped Jame E. Cornette. Tied him to a rope and dragged him away behind their pickup.

Can you imagine if they ran that today? How many teenage copycats would there be? :)
Hank!

Post by Hank! »

Lunch sounds like a good idea . looking forward to it

Rob they couldn't do that today because of the racial incident down in TX years ago