The Fundamentals of Successful Weight Training

Research guides, resources & helpful/inspirational links to quality Health & Fitness content
askmass
Site Admin

The Fundamentals of Successful Weight Training

Post by askmass »

"The Fundamentals of Successful Weight Training" gives timeless advice, from issue 89 of the Muscle And Sports Science newsletter, by Rob Regish.

https://bodybuildingsupplements.com/newsletter89.html
biscuits

Post by biscuits »

i would just like to say the resting heart rate thing is very true

i had a heartrate of 75 bpm with 14% bodyfat, which made me think wow i have to do more cardio i must be dying or something..

but then i took a week off and my heartrate is now 60 bpm... wow talk about overreaching
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

biscuits wrote:i would just like to say the resting heart rate thing is very true

i had a heartrate of 75 bpm with 14% bodyfat, which made me think wow i have to do more cardio i must be dying or something..

but then i took a week off and my heartrate is now 60 bpm... wow talk about overreaching
Yep, another valuable objective diagnostic we use to great advantage in BP. And it's free!
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

Id like to read the rest of them but some of them are missing, like i tried to put in 1 instead of 89 and it didnt come up.Is it because its very old and you dont have a copy?
biscuits

Post by biscuits »

DaCookie wrote:Id like to read the rest of them but some of them are missing, like i tried to put in 1 instead of 89 and it didnt come up.Is it because its very old and you dont have a copy?
me too :P
walkerl60

Post by walkerl60 »

RobRegish wrote:
biscuits wrote:i would just like to say the resting heart rate thing is very true

Yep, another valuable objective diagnostic we use to great advantage in BP. And it's free!
Rob,

I've been checking my resting heart rate throughout the week. It's averaging about 4-5 bpm faster than my baseline which I'm guessing is just fine and showing I'm recovering ok?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Yes, but keep an eye on it. If it climbs anywhere near 7/8, back off and insert an extra rest day (or two)! ;)
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

DaCookie wrote:Id like to read the rest of them but some of them are missing, like i tried to put in 1 instead of 89 and it didnt come up.Is it because its very old and you dont have a copy?
I never caught this question before, only now.

The Newsletter predates the internet, starting as a print publication in 1993. Once it became net based, it was (and is) via subscription email and then issues were posted complete online at a later date.

Subscribe here now, if you haven't- https://bodybuildingsupplements.com/feedback.html

We do have most all original issues in our archives, but they are not easily transcribed and some of the information is dated to a degree.

That said, we may bring back select blast from the past articles as we move forward since many articles do remain quite relevant and timeless.