real time accuracy no matter the conditions.

Research guides, resources & helpful/inspirational links to quality Health & Fitness content
BrainSquirts

real time accuracy no matter the conditions.

Post by BrainSquirts »

Anyone got experiences with and links to a good wrist worn live heart rate monitor that continues to work near 95% accuracy real time no matter how much I fkn sweat?
I don’t care about any other features besides real time accuracy no matter the conditions.
ie Step counting, calorie crap, sleep, connectivity, costs, whatever- really doesn’t matter... but all that stuff can be on it if rt 'hrv' works.

many thanks.
askmass
Site Admin

Re: real time accuracy no matter the conditions.

Post by askmass »

BrainSquirts wrote:Anyone got experiences with and links to a good wrist worn live heart rate monitor that continues to work near 95% accuracy real time no matter how much I fkn sweat?
I don’t care about any other features besides real time accuracy no matter the conditions.
ie Step counting, calorie crap, sleep, connectivity, costs, whatever- really doesn’t matter... but all that stuff can be on it if rt 'hrv' works.

many thanks.
My son has a FitBit that he's really happy with, and it looks solid to me, but I can't vouch for it much beyond that.

Cycling, once I got into a power meter/watts I found myself leaving the heart strap at home. Power is a much more valuable metric for my training.

Sorry I'm not more help on this, Brain.
bigpelo

Post by bigpelo »

Good heart rate sensor are usually chest straps. For HRV, I heard good thinks on the BioForce HRV.

If you find a good wrist sensor, let me know!
BrainSquirts

Post by BrainSquirts »

Thanks guys.

Why do they all work perfectly when I’m just sitting there or first start but stop registering properly when I start getting lathered up? The other day after multiple failures, I got pissed and stomped the shit out of my latest 'mistake' :evil: :x

I need it post sprints and post twitches to eyeball heart rate at finish and then measure / time heart rate recovery.
(No current needs for optimizing pacing, etc ... don't care about presence or absence of device connectivity, software , graphing, storage, etc. )

AM, Re: “My son has a FitBit that he's really happy with...”
Yep, I’ve heard the sensor technology has advanced... But still read some reviews where sweat caused issues... Can you ask him if he has experience with heart monitor functionality in high sweat conditions ?

bigpelo, Have avoided it but will look into the models with sensor(s) on chest... Seems like a lot of hassle... would rather use my inner 'hassle' resources on diet and supp intervaling than on strapping on hardware 
:)

thx