BP Believer Before/After Pics and Stats - Your Input Needed!

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

RobRegish wrote:See that bulge behind his tricep?

That's his back folks, a sure sign someone has delivered the goods and is as strong as they look...
Strength has gone through the roof since starting BP...I have either maxed or am within 1 or 2 slots of maxing virtually every machine...this program has been nothing short of astounding...I actually had a customer come into my job Saturday and asked me if I had shoulder pads on under my jersey(we are allowed to wear football jerseys saturdays) I started laughing cause I thought she was joking but she was being completely serious...she said I have really big shoulders and it looked like I had pads underneath it...
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

matter2003 wrote:
RobRegish wrote:See that bulge behind his tricep?

That's his back folks, a sure sign someone has delivered the goods and is as strong as they look...
Strength has gone through the roof since starting BP...I have either maxed or am within 1 or 2 slots of maxing virtually every machine...this program has been nothing short of astounding...I actually had a customer come into my job Saturday and asked me if I had shoulder pads on under my jersey(we are allowed to wear football jerseys saturdays) I started laughing cause I thought she was joking but she was being completely serious...she said I have really big shoulders and it looked like I had pads underneath it...
I'm adding a warning sticker shortly, it's going to read like this:

"WARNING: Use of this program may cause family, friends and other acquaintances extreme trauma, upon seeing you..." :)
thicketman

Post by thicketman »

After several attempts, I've been unable to attach pics. Maybe someone can look below to see what I'm doing wrong. In any case, I began the Blueprint 3.0 on 9/24/11. I fell short of finishing my 4th week of Feast b/c of overtraining symptoms (dreaded the thought of lifting, EDT blocks weakening, elevated waking heart rate). Despite not finishing the full 6 weeks here are my stats:

Stats:
09/24/11: 177.5 @ 23%BF (per calipers)
Fat Mass: 40.825 lbs
Lean Mass: 136.625 lbs

10/29/11: 182 @ 19%BF (per calipers)
Fat Mass: 34.58 lbs
Lean Mass: 147.52 lbs

Summary
Fat Loss: 6.245 lbs
Lean Mass Gain: 10.745 lbs

It's important to note that I was consuming a low carb diet prior to starting the blueprint, so based on prior experience in increasing carb intake, 5-7 lbs of my lean mass gains are likely from glycogen storage and water retention. That considered, I've likely gained 3.745-5.745 lbs of muscle while losing 6.245 lbs of fat. That isn't too shabby, considering I had to cut my feast run short (didn't even finish the 4th week).

The pictures don't show tons of progress, but my clothes are fitting tighter and more loosely in all the right places, and the numbers are pretty incredible IMO....not to mention that my static holds have increased 20 lbs each week on each lift.

Before
[img]c:\0924110708.JPG[/img]

End of Feast (Shortened to 4 wks)
[img]c:\1028110442.JPG[/img][/code]
bigpelo

Post by bigpelo »

Considering glycogen or not, I believe these are awesome numbers! Congrats!

You could have spaced your workout frequency a little toward the end of feast to overcome overtraining symptoms.

For your picture, you can create a photobucket.com account and upload them there. Then you copy/paste the link below the picture that is in between [img]...[/img]

HTH
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

thicketman wrote:After several attempts, I've been unable to attach pics. Maybe someone can look below to see what I'm doing wrong. In any case, I began the Blueprint 3.0 on 9/24/11. I fell short of finishing my 4th week of Feast b/c of overtraining symptoms (dreaded the thought of lifting, EDT blocks weakening, elevated waking heart rate). Despite not finishing the full 6 weeks here are my stats:

Stats:
09/24/11: 177.5 @ 23%BF (per calipers)
Fat Mass: 40.825 lbs
Lean Mass: 136.625 lbs

10/29/11: 182 @ 19%BF (per calipers)
Fat Mass: 34.58 lbs
Lean Mass: 147.52 lbs

Summary
Fat Loss: 6.245 lbs
Lean Mass Gain: 10.745 lbs

It's important to note that I was consuming a low carb diet prior to starting the blueprint, so based on prior experience in increasing carb intake, 5-7 lbs of my lean mass gains are likely from glycogen storage and water retention. That considered, I've likely gained 3.745-5.745 lbs of muscle while losing 6.245 lbs of fat. That isn't too shabby, considering I had to cut my feast run short (didn't even finish the 4th week).

The pictures don't show tons of progress, but my clothes are fitting tighter and more loosely in all the right places, and the numbers are pretty incredible IMO....not to mention that my static holds have increased 20 lbs each week on each lift.

Before
[img]c:\0924110708.JPG[/img]

End of Feast (Shortened to 4 wks)
[img]c:\1028110442.JPG[/img][/code]
This is fantastic progress, so congrats!

The likely modification you'll need to make next go around is very simple - inserting extra rest days. What you're describing sounds like simple over-training (strong dis-inclination to train, is a sign). That being said, scary to think about what kind of results you'll get, once you get it dialed in!

GREAT work!!!
drhowe9

Post by drhowe9 »

Pre BP

Recent BP pic

thats 2 years.. up 20 + pounds .. most of the time running blueprint
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Fantastic Dr!

Those are INCREDIBLE lean gains!!!
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

204 lbs at 14.1% Bodyfat...

Pink Boa and Party Glasses...priceless :twisted:
JlCh

Post by JlCh »

Gains from last 2 runs.

10-3-11:

1-16-12

Both pics are 2-3 days cold.
thicketman

Post by thicketman »

A little background...

I have been lifting on and off for about the past 10 years. My problem has always been sustainability. I would hit everything hard for a few months, burn out, hit it again, burn out and so on. I have been a member of bodybuildingsupplements.com since 2005 and learned quite a bit here as far as diet, exercise and supplementation are concerned. I have echoed the things that many state on these boards but have been unable to maintain the lifestyle required to achieve an acceptable physique according to general fitness guidelines.

Enter Blueprint 3.0...

I want to make this clear...I am NOT a bodybuilder. I never intend to compete. I am 34 y/o husband and father that wants to lead a mostly healthy lifestyle, maintain a lean, muscular physique, and spend quality time with my family.

I had originally bought 2.0, but dropped it due to a heavy load at work (another story). Fast forward...I e-mailed Rob Regish (Mixelflick) when I saw that 3.0 had been released. He kept good on his promise and upgraded me for free....and so it began. I began to learn principles that challenged everything that I had come to accept as true as far as fat loss, muscle building, recomps, etc. I was fat and out of shape. I was sick of it. I wanted something that worked and worked well.

I began the Blueprint program and began to see results...quickly. The interesting thing was, I felt like it was a program that I would stick to. I followed the program verbatim using NO supplements and was very pleased. I began following the Blueprint Core Journals and questions, saw things that further accelerated the progress of others, then began to implement some of the ideas (Note: Many of these ideas are every bit as radical as the Blueprint itself...excellent group of members there willing to push the envelope). I saw my progress speed up. I was amazed. I began to experiment and push the envelope myself using techniques that I would have laughed at a year ago. Again, I saw my progress speed up.

Enter Synthagen for my last two runs...

Increased recovery, fat loss and muscle preservation during what averaged out to be 850 calories per day for two weeks during the program...all while enjoying whatever food/drink in whatever amount on Saturday and Sunday with my family. Again, I am not a bodybuilder. I am an average, everyday family man that wants to be lean, muscular and mostly healthy. My ultimate goal is to be consistent and take fitness into my old age while not entirely depriving myself of some of the pleasures of an average non-bodybuilding lifestyle. While I'm still not where I want to be, I have made fairly significant progress, considering what I consume on the weekends.

Needless to say, I have been very pleased with the Blueprint 3.0. It's shell allows for significant manipulation to suit the needs of the lifter. The Blueprint forums are incredible. I have learned more beneficial information there in the past year than I have learned since I joined bodybuildingsupplements.com in 2005. Synthagen is in a class of its own and will be my base supplement from now on due to its versatility.

On to the progress:

12/3/2011
182lbs
25% BF (per cheap calipers)
36 1/4" waist

Click on the pic to enalrge

8/24/2012
150.5lbs
17% BF (per cheap calipers)
31" waist

Click on the pic to enalrge
capnleux

Post by capnleux »

badass progress! Thx for sharing!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

AMAZING work here!

Please do consider posting these pics, on other forums if so inclined. Spreading the good word about BP/Synthagen has been difficult - but if people only knew what you do now...

INSPIRING!!!
thicketman

Post by thicketman »

RobRegish wrote:AMAZING work here!

Please do consider posting these pics, on other forums if so inclined. Spreading the good word about BP/Synthagen has been difficult - but if people only knew what you do now...

INSPIRING!!!
Done.

I don't have enough posts yet at anabolicminds.
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

Here are some recent pics from Labor Day weekend...

https://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a2d72 ... 0/ry%3D400

And yes, that is my lat behind my arm holding the phone... :D

On a related note, anyone know good exercises for extending that lat downward? They are really big, but they fall off pretty quickly on the way down, would like to have them taper off over about 6 inches more or so and not so abruptly...

188 lbs at roughly 12% body fat in that pic...