Post by JlCh »

Feast W/O 5 (2-14-2012):

Deadlifts: 245x5

Leg extentions: 100x8x8x8x8
Hamstring Curl: 70x8x8x8x7

Rope pull downs:
90x10x10x10
Laying Leg extention/hip raise: ankle weightsx8x8x7

Having troubles with the diet since I started it. By troubles I mean I've been having less feeding window and longer fasting windows. Not intentionally, prob about a 5 hour feeding window. Anyway, on the 5th rep my form fell apart on the deads so I called it quits there. Nothing really interesting today, but I didn't get much sleep last night. About 2 hours during the night and took a 3 hour nap during the afternoon.

Weight: Not sure, I was super tired and don't remember if I weighed myself.
JlCh

Post by JlCh »

Workout #6 (2-16-2012):

Dips: +80x6 + 2 negatives
Over hand Pullups: BWx6 + 2 negatives

2 minute breaks:
Incline DB Press: 75x6x6x5x4
1 arm DB rows: 75x6x6x5x6

Feeling strong as heck on dips. Honestly could be a PR, but not sure. Pull ups don't seem to be going anywhere (yet), will start to think about how I can go about increasing them a bit. The incline DB press were the slowest I've done them I beileve. Like a 2-3 second pause at the bottom of the rep and super controlled on the negative portion of the lift. Also, I was cooking chicken fajitas last night and they didn't finish till after my eating window. Had like a 20 hour fast and will only eat for about 4 1/2.

Weight: 178.6 -- not moving around, but will check measurements for good in another week to see if I'm budging. I'm working out fasted other than amino's, so I honestly expected to see weight dropping.
JlCh

Post by JlCh »

Feast Workout #7 (2-17-2012)

Super setted:
Deadlifts: 255x3
Leg Press: 405x6

Supersetted with 1 min breaks:
Leg extentions: 90x10x10x8x7
Hamstring curls: 60x10x10x8x6

Rope Pull downs: 80x10, 100x10x10

Leg raisers/hip risers: Ankle weightsx10x10x6

Well, I decided to up the ante with the leg press. Had about half of my foot on the plateform and pushing with heels. My lower back doesn't like loading/unloading the plates, so that's why I generally try staying away from it. And speaking of lower back, I feel I had quite a bit left in the tank on 255x3, but much more weight and I don't know if I could have held form as my back was already almost starting to round. Whole purpose is to get it stronger, not hurt it so that's that. Really trying to concentrate on holding the contraction on both of the other leg exercises in the EDT sets. On the last 2 sets a couple of the last couple reps were "cheating" as I failed trying to hold a full contraction.

Will check measurements Sun or Monday to see where things are going. If I don't see much progress anywhere I'll prob be moving towards a keto diet.

Weight: 178.4
JlCh

Post by JlCh »

I'm an idiot :(

Feast W/O #8 (2-20-12)

Dips: 115x2 - 2 negatives (plus almost a 3rd rep)
Pull ups: BWx6 - 1 negative plus a bunch of partials

3 min rest SS'd:
Incline DB press: 85x3x3x3, 80x4x4
T-bar rows: 160x5, 170x4x4x3, 135x5 (not counting the bar)

Well, I decided to be big guy on campus and jumped up to 85's from 75 lbs dumbells and my left shoulder was having troubles pushing up the weight. Didn't think much of it until my presses were done and I had a strong pain in my shoulder when trying to do a shoulder exercise. Pretty sure I tweaked my rotator cuff again. I'm hoping I didn't do anything too bad and will be good to go soon, but not sure considering I didn't really notice for a while.

Anywho, my weekend was a blast. Got stuck 15 on in the snow 15+ miles away from any cell service Sat and had to walk out. Took us 4 1/2 hours to get to cell service and we were walking at a pretty fast pace. I also tried pushing out the truck for about 2 hours, so needless to say my lower portion is sore as hell.

More on topic workout wise, I tried busting out my Ironmind hip belt as every time I load up the gym's belts for dips I feel like I'm breaking the belt/it's going to come undone. The weight swung a whole lot more and I feel that pulled away from my set. Didn't really think there'd be a difference until then though.

Weight: 189.6 -- steadily increasing =/.

Waist: 35 3/4
Right Bi: 15 1/2
JlCh

Post by JlCh »

Feast W/O #9 (2-21-12)

Deadlifts: 235x8

Leg Extentions: 100x6, 120x6x6x6
Hamstring curls: 65x6, 75x6x6x5

Hydrolic Leg press: 500x10

Rope pull downs: 90x8, 80x8, 70x8

Ab extentions/risers: Ankle weightsx10x10x8

Deads felt good. I could prob go heavier still but taking it easy. Form over all was pretty solid. Also had an older guy say "Every time I see you you look more and more like Bruce Lee" which made me chuckle. Have consistently had people give me props on the dips -- even though it really isn't all that heavy (yet).

Anyway, shoulder felt alright. I thought I'd have troubles with it on the deads with it pulling my shoulder down but little to no pain. Can move it around with no problems. Taking tomorrow off so hopefully it can heal up and be great for Thurs workout.

Weight: 189
JlCh

Post by JlCh »

Went in for a workout today and found out most any chest work hurts the shoulder. Tried 20 lbs dumbells on incline press and felt pain in the shoulder so basically just did some bi/back work while I was there. Dips don't bother it and I did do some BW dips after breaking a hip belt due to the weight lol. Only 80 lbs but broke the clasp.

Anywho, going to take 3 days off and next week I'll do 2 lower lifts on Mon and Fri to try and let the shoulder heal up.
JlCh

Post by JlCh »

Shoulder is still messed up. Didn't do any lower lifts last week. Went in today and did various exercises. A lot of strength seems to be gone, but yea.
JlCh

Post by JlCh »

Figured I'd post in here and give an update. Been lifting, but nothing real serious. Lost a decent chunk of strength. Shoulder is feeling a ton better but went to go test the waters today at a decent incline press and it was a no go.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Couple of thoughts my good man, then I'll sit back and watch... :)

"Over all it wasn't quite as taxing as it should be, but I figured baby steps..."

- VERY wise move right here, and you did the right thing. With respect to the injuries, happens. What's important is to identify why they may be occurring, and how much may be related to aging and/or exercises that don't agree with you. Having said that, you state dips don't bother it so RUN WITH THOSE!

Training around these injuries is not only possible, but necessary. Many times these injuries are a blessing in disguise, because dips are head and shoulders better than incline db/bb presses. Why? Any movement where you move the body and weight simultaneously brings the brain/CNS recruitment to a MUCH higher activation level. Bravo man, bravo.

On the BIU!, glad you're noticing the merits of such. No idea about the itching though, never bothered me. An idea for you though, as to how best to mitigate that AND get better results.

If you dosed 2 BIU!, consider just one plus a caffeine tab. May take away the itching and adding ANY amount of caffeine to BIU! radically increases the "tunnel vision"/"crisp" CNS effects it imparts.

That little bugger is a true winner IMO. I noticed a BIG difference when running The BP Mass Stack (all 3, BIU/KA and AN) vs. just KA or AN in isolation. My take on that?

I incorporated PeakATP into Synthagen largely b/c I felt it was what was making such a profound difference. Not only does it boost ATP levels in the body, it improves nutrient/oxygen etc. levels to both the body and BRAIN - for up to 6 hours.

As such, I feel it was transporting all the other goodies in KA/AN to where they needed to be. When running the Synthagen prototype, I dropped each ingredient while using the rest of the formula - to see what a difference each ingredient made.

Result?

Dropping full spectrum RCE and PeakATP made the biggest difference. I do feel quite strongly too, that the Phosphaditylserine in BIU adds strongly to the effect, via cutting cortisol. For that though, Synthagen utilizes not 1 but 3 nutraceuticals to manage cortisol...

- "Full Spectrum" RCE
- Orotic Acid
- TMG

I did consider adding PS, and ran a Synthagen trial with it. It seemed to be overkill, b/c the achy joints started appearing at that point.

One more tip for that shoulder: Consider adding this gem of a movement, in your EDT blocks -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W9GhAXyXq4

Shoulder injuries are the most prevalent in the gym. Two biggest offenders here are the bench press and military press. Wanna know why?

2 reasons:

1.) They force the barbell to come in contact with the body, relaxing the joint/muscle and thereby increasing injury potential

2.) The BIG one - These movements force your elbows to flare out, at an un-natural angle.

You'll notice in the BB jammer press, the elbow is kept in line with the body. This greatly reduces pressure on the rotator cuff, and builds all 3 heads of the shoulder. Also, ensure you're performing an equal amount of reps/sets with a pull/rowing movement for every press.

Doing so should help, as it addresses any shoulder imbalances. Hope that helps brother!

Anyway, GREAT work here and keep playing offense JlCH!!!
JlCh

Post by JlCh »

Well, been 2 months or so but will be looking to get back into things tomorrow with this new "Synthagen" thing. Will be a great test to see if I can move Tues after taking it
JlCh

Post by JlCh »

Holy crap! I'm such a little girl now. Didn't lift crap for weight!