Gaining weight FAST in the Feast Phase

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
dracotdrgn

Post by dracotdrgn »

On run two my liver tabs didn't come in until about week 2 or 3. I started them and am now on week 5. Even at this point do they put on water weight? I know there are some good things about retaining water but it would help explain why my belly button is swollen....
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Not as much as when you introduce them early.

Where they DO help is adding nutrients without calories. That is, if you're getting into a re-comp where cals are maintenance or below.... highly recommended.
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

I just wanted to ask what determines the quality of these?Is it the cow and how it is fed or what?All Irish cows are grass fed I think
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

The cow and how it's fed, yes.. What it eats builds into its structure!
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

Okay so its nothing to do with how its processed?If so then that means these Irish tabs are probably the best you can get, its also the reason why our chocolate is nicer tasting.Pretty much only grass fed organic cattle here I think.Britain is about the same I think.Not allowed to give the cows anything here anyway.Good ol' old school farmer way of raising cows.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

There is some quality control issue with the processing of course. Its a rare company that gets their raws from organic cows though that pulls a fast one in the processing.

VERY rare :)
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

Well I think im gonna go for the Beverly ones cause I did some research on EDUCO and they have a gym where essentially when you join they try to push all the supplements on you apparently, I also couldnt find the natures one liver tabs.And also tony quinn stocks their products I think.IMO he is a scam artist.

They seem like the type of people that would pull a fast one of the processing.

I thought I posted about the organic comment but I guess not.Basically the cows they use are not organic.Over here you can put pesticides on the grass but you arent allowed to inject them with growth hormone or something.But if you put pesticides on the grass then it isnt organic.And thats legal, just aslong as your not calling it organic.
mind_architect

Post by mind_architect »

Rob, was wondering if you could elaborate on why you chose nuts and olives for the beginning of feast?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

It was an old Vince Gironda trick.

He was big on NATURAL fats (including heavy cream) as a source of energy vs. carbs and he intuitively know they were essential for testosterone production.

They're also LOADED with calories so it makes getting them in a LOT easier during this time. Take note also of when we do it..... early, before the body ever has a chance of laying any fat down.
mind_architect

Post by mind_architect »

Makes sense. Would it be as efficient to drink flax seed, fish oil, or avocado? In my situation these are cheaper to obtain, but I have some olives and nuts nonetheless.

I finished famine yesterday. Today I had churasco for lunch until I couldn't eat. If you're not familiar its basically all you can eat brazilian beef on meat swords. Recommend it for your next post famine meal if they have one nearby!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Yeah, I suppose you could do that too..

I've been to those meat houses. FANTASTIC!
seano

Post by seano »

Very few foods are cheaper than liver. Why not just make your own liver tablets?

Very easy method I learned from the Weston A. Price group when I first got into traditional eating:
... turn liver into pills! Cut fresh liver into pea-sized pieces and freeze for 14 days. Swallow like vitamin pills.
https://www.westonaprice.org/health-topi ... ver-files/

Or if you want pretty instructions:
https://empoweredsustenance.com/the-easi ... e-no-fuss/

Though personally I make pate and spread it on everything!