Daft first go at the blueprint! All help welcomed!

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
Daft

Daft first go at the blueprint! All help welcomed!

Post by Daft »

Hey guys! Just picked the bp about a week and half go and have since read every piece of info rob has given me- just trying to get an overview of the whole thing. I've taken the last week off training( which has been mentally very difficult) and am chomping at the bit to get started. However I'm still a bit unsure about to progress and gear the bp toward my goals. Rob has given me a few pointers via pm, but I figured I'd start a log here to hopefully gets some advice/feedback from all you veteran bp'ers.

So a little about me- my name is mike and I considered myself at least intermediate lifter as I've been training, to varying degrees, for over ten years and have what I deemto be at least respectable lifts(although nowhere near where I'd like to be). I am the total ectomorph hardgainier- hard to gain muscle, but also hard to gain fat, lol. My goal with my np run is SIZE!!!!
Scale weight specifically. This my primary objective. In the past I've had tough time putting on weight, and generally need about 3k (40p30c30f)cals just to maintain, however when I do gain weight it's generally lean and some what permanent . So any advice on how to gear the bp towards maximizing size gains- be it diet, training, or supplementation- please feel free to contribute your thoughts. Thanks.
Daft

Post by Daft »

Also, I'm wanting to start my run ASAP- maybe even tomorrow. So if someone could give me some pointers on how to get going the first couple days(training, famine strategies, etc.) that would be greatly appreciated. Ron suggested that I focus on the bp 2.0 and periodic- which is my plan- but any additional suggestions/modulations are welcomed. Thanks fellas!
SloTown

Post by SloTown »

Good luck Daft. I'm looking forward to watching your journal. Have you started yet?
Daft

Post by Daft »

Sort of... I havnt trained in a week and during that time Ive be reducing caloris as I was doing a clean bulk with about 3700-4000cal a day. I've already lost close to five pounds just from the inactivity and lowered cals- it's actually kinda devastating as I spent the last three months gaining about ten pounds only to loose half in a week with barely even trying.
So I just went to whole foods and got a bunch of organic fruits, berries,kale, and juices to add to my already stocked supply of pears, avocados,spinach, quinoa and various other goodies. My plan is to study up tonight and start my famine phase tomorrow.
Daft

Post by Daft »

Starting stats- 4/12/12
Height- 5'10"
Weight- 180.2lb(empty, 15 hour fasted)
Measurements-
Waist-30"
Chest-43"
Shoulders-49"
R bi- 16 1/2"
L bi-16 5/8"
R thigh- 23"
L thigh- 23"
R quad- 20"
L quad- 19 3/4"

I took a couple pics for reference too that I'll post up, when I get the uploaded to photobucket.
Daft

Post by Daft »

Fri-
Diet-
took in just over 1500 calories, which is right where should be with my ideal total being 1520 cals. I think I had a bit too much protein as my daily total was nearly 60g- although a good portion of that came from incomplete protein sources like bread and nuts.
Training-
First workout felt great! I was eager to get back in there and didn't wanna stop once I got going. Here's how it went-
Warm up- 1.25mile on bike

Squats 185x6,225x6,225x6
Supersetted with
One arm rows 110x6,110x6,110x6

Weighted pull ups bw+45x6, bw+45x5, bw+45x6
Supersetted with
Cable rows- 200x8,220x6,250x5

Cable drag curls - 150x6
Cable single arm curl-85x6
Cable rope curls-150x6
Cable cambered bar 21's w/ 150

5 min various ab work
Daft

Post by Daft »

Sat-day 2
Diet- little tougher today. Lots of greens, kale, blueberries and the like. Only at 1200 cals as writing this and probably will take in a few hundred more cals before bed.

Training-
Did some fasted(like 13 hrs) cardio in my vibram five fingers today-
Treadmill 10 min lvl 7 inc 3 (1 mile)
Treadmill 5 min lvl 4 inc 7.5
Crosstrainer ellip 5 min lvl 12
Step mill 5 min lvl 7
Daft

Post by Daft »

Day 3- diet
Hit my target of right around 1500 cal- with 35 grams of protein. Had a bunch of kale, carrot juice, blueberry juice blend, sweet potato, avocados, an egg, and a couple pears. Getting harder- starting to have some wicked craving and feeling kinda runs down.

Weight- 177.0
Down a little over three pounds since start of famine and right around 10 lbs down from when I ceased training, lowere cals, and started reading the blueprint.
Daft

Post by Daft »

Day 3 workout-
Bench press- 225x10
Supersetted w/
Smith military-155x8

Incline bench-185x10
Supersetted w/
Dumbbell military- 60'sx8

Decline bench-225x10
Supersetted w/
Standing military- 90x10

Narrow grip bench-145x10
Narrow grip skullcrushers- 100x10
Wide grip push downs- 120x12

One minute rest between all above sets.

That was the prescribed workout but I was feeling good do I did a bit more.

Nautilus pullovers-125x12,155x10,150x10

Various ab work- 5 minutes

Decided to finish up with a bit of a jog.

Cardio-
Treadmill- 4.5avg speed, 6.0 incline throughout, 25 minutes.

Definitely starting it feel the effects of famine. For starters Im starving, lol, seems like I'm pering straight ammonia, and I felt pretty weak in tonight's workout. Already beginning to fantasize about my feast,lol.
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

Daft, welcome to the BP family!

As an ecto, you might be better served dropping the fat slightly and increasing the carbs, as ecto's do very well with higher carb levels, especially on lifting days...Perhaps 50C/30P/20F on lifting days and then 40C/35P/25F non-lifting days...maybe even higher on carbs, especially on lifting days...Rob would be a great help here as he was an ecto before he started piling on the muscle so he could give you better pointers than I could as an endo-meso...
Daft

Post by Daft »

Hey somone sees my log, lol.... Yeah I agree I will adjustingy carb intake for this run- the macro numbers I posted is what I was using previously. Thanks for taking the time to comment- appreciate it!
Daft

Post by Daft »

So finished out my famine phase and did the third workout on Tuesday- man those thirty second rest periods were brutal.
Started the feast yesterday and got in just over 4000 cals, with about 340g of protein. Felt pretty good anduscle had a nice fullness going. It's now the morning of day two and I'm finding myself eager to get in the gym- despite being sore.
Daft

Post by Daft »

On a side note- I went looking for a ancient grains type product based on a recommendation from rob, but was unable to find it. However I found what I believe to be a superior product. It's called Kind granola- its gluten free, has quinoa, amaranth, buckwheat, millet, and tooled oats. It taste really good and each pack is like 1200 calories! I think I'm gonna buy a case of this stuff!
SloTown

Post by SloTown »

Those granola bars are KIND!! :) Sorry, couldn't resist.
Seriously though, those do look very promising, I think I'll pick some of those as well.