Grow Time Run

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
the_buffer

Grow Time Run

Post by the_buffer »

So I just finished a 14 week cut as part of a transformation challenge, in which I made some pretty good changes:

So now I'm ready to add some more muscle, what better way than with the BLUEPRINT?

Goal: Let's make it big... my biggest gains with Blueprint was my first run where I got 7 lbs lean and 2 lbs fat, so to try to top that... 8lbs lean, -2lbs fat. Ambitious yes, but damnit, I'm determined!

I'm actually going to be using a slightly adapted version... here's the plan:

BP model of Famine/feast/cruise

Feast Training alterations:
Training will not be as strength focused, instead will be solely hypertrophy as laid out by Ben Pakulski.

Supplements:
  • Synthagen (hopefully it arrives some time next week)
    BP 3.0 transdermal
I'm starting famine right on the tail of finishing my last cut, which may not be ideal, but since I was carb-loading for the last few days it should make up for the normal problems people face. Plus the fact that I'm really driven this year must count for something :)
tufluk

Post by tufluk »

Dude the difference in the pics is epic! looken shredded.
What did your routine look like in that 14 weeks?
what was your fat and carb in take like on your cut?

Keep up the good work and kill the BP run man! :wink:
the_buffer

Post by the_buffer »

thx tufluk.

I actually started my 14 week cut with famine, and then did three weeks with the bols stack where my calories were only slightly below maintenance.

I was only about six weeks into cutting when I noticed I was beginning to stall, so I started dropping my carbs for the last half of the cut.

As for training I was going pretty hard, 5 days per week with a split that looked like:
-Back/calves
-Chest/Bicepts
-Legs
-Shoulders/Triceps

About the time I started cutting down my carbs I also began using supersets in my training.

For cardio I did early morning cardio with some L-carnitine and EC in my system almost every day.

I logged a lot of what I did here if you're interested in more detail:
https://shawnthebuffer.wordpress.com/
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

nice job bro! Looking good!

I cut down pretty good too, but started out a little too high to get all the way to where I wanted to get to in 10 weeks....

Planning to pile on some muscle, stay within a manageable BF% and then cut again around February
the_buffer

Post by the_buffer »

I hear you Matter,

My plan is to incrementally add carbs back in and increase calories so as not to bloat up quickly.
the_buffer

Post by the_buffer »

Ramping up famine a notch today by adding in detox supps. Also made my trans-dermal concoction. My workouts haven't been as intense since I've been focused on perfecting the form, and then finishing with cardio to add to the depletion factor.
the_buffer

Post by the_buffer »

Just got my bottles of Synthagen in. Stupid Canada Customs charged me extra to tear through it, but it's good to know they let it through with no issues.
bigpelo

Post by bigpelo »

the_buffer wrote:Just got my bottles of Synthagen in. Stupid Canada Customs charged me extra to tear through it, but it's good to know they let it through with no issues.
When have you ordered it? I put my order March 19 and it got ship April 25 and I didn't receive it yet... And I live at 40 minutes highway from Montreal. Usually it's not that long.
the_buffer

Post by the_buffer »

bigpelo wrote:
the_buffer wrote:Just got my bottles of Synthagen in. Stupid Canada Customs charged me extra to tear through it, but it's good to know they let it through with no issues.
When have you ordered it? I put my order March 19 and it got ship April 25 and I didn't receive it yet... And I live at 40 minutes highway from Montreal. Usually it's not that long.
I ordered it the day it was made available, I think March 17th. Customs had it and charged me $22 bucks, I'd say that's where yours is too.
bigpelo

Post by bigpelo »

the_buffer wrote:
bigpelo wrote:
I ordered it the day it was made available, I think March 17th. Customs had it and charged me $22 bucks, I'd say that's where yours is too.
Thanks for sharing.
the_buffer

Post by the_buffer »

Started feast last night with a half dose of Synthagen (4 caps) and had a great sleep.

Today I kicked it off training Chest and biceps, having 7 caps Synthagen- pre and post (with protein isolate shake), cherry juice, vitargo, lemon juice, BCAAs and glutamine intra-workout.

After that was my shower and application of trans-dermal test booster, followed shortly thereafter by Quinoa with cinnamon and apple slices, and half a chicken breast.
the_buffer

Post by the_buffer »

Back/hams day today...

Real focus on constant tension in the lats/hams, flexing the antagonist and getting full stretches.

After just a few days I can see I'm losing a little bit of definition, so I'm slightly pulling back calories so the surplus is not quite as much.
the_buffer

Post by the_buffer »

Chest/arms today. The focus today was on contracting the working muscle before the secondary ones, and keep continuous tension.

One thing I've noticed over the last few days... my appetite has been through the roof, it seems the more I eat the more I want to eat. Not sure if this has anything to do with Synthagen seeing as the only appetite affecting component appears to be Taurine which is actually supposed to reduce appetite, so it could be a hormonal thing happening.
bigpelo

Post by bigpelo »

I do believe the type of workout you are doing is increasing your appetite. Even more if you are on a low calorie diet. That's what I noticed last time I did that kind of weight lifting combine with lower carbs/calories: uncontrolled appetite.