New BP Member with Powerlifting Goals

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
Spuey

New BP Member with Powerlifting Goals

Post by Spuey »

Hi everyone, just finished reading up all the BP material. I was wondering if I could get some advice on doing a BP run with pure strength and fat loss as the main goals. I intend on competing in a novice powerlifting meet in March. (First time)

Currently my stats are:

Male 20yrs old
2yrs training experience
63kg BW 167cm

Bench Press 100kg
Squat 110kg
Deadlift 130kg

I want to add 5% to each lift using the GPL 1 workout, while taking my BW down to under 60kg, I believe I have enough fat for that to happen.

So my current plan is this:

Famine @ 1000 cals with some swimming tossed in
Feast with GPL1 @ 2000 cals (with carbs) training days, 1600 cals (ketogenic) off days
Cruise @ 1600 cals 5x5 workout leading to competition

I will be supplementing with:

25g Cyclic Dextrin, 10g BCAAs, 5g Creatine Malate during workouts
Whey isolate post workout

Any suggestions are appreciated, thanks!
RobRegish

Re: New BP Member with Powerlifting Goals

Post by RobRegish »

Spuey wrote:Hi everyone, just finished reading up all the BP material. I was wondering if I could get some advice on doing a BP run with pure strength and fat loss as the main goals. I intend on competing in a novice powerlifting meet in March. (First time)

Currently my stats are:

Male 20yrs old
2yrs training experience
63kg BW 167cm

Bench Press 100kg
Squat 110kg
Deadlift 130kg

I want to add 5% to each lift using the GPL 1 workout, while taking my BW down to under 60kg, I believe I have enough fat for that to happen.

So my current plan is this:

Famine @ 1000 cals with some swimming tossed in
Feast with GPL1 @ 2000 cals (with carbs) training days, 1600 cals (ketogenic) off days
Cruise @ 1600 cals 5x5 workout leading to competition

I will be supplementing with:

25g Cyclic Dextrin, 10g BCAAs, 5g Creatine Malate during workouts
Whey isolate post workout

Any suggestions are appreciated, thanks!
Welcome to Gainsville... :)

One suggestion: You want meet day to coincide with your GLP1 workout #6, where you "peak". An extra day's rest is recommended, along with visualizing that new 1RM not for a single - but for a triple!

Practice this 3x's a day for a week leading up to the meet. At least one of those sessions should come prior to bed, allowing it to build into your subconscious mind.

It's been said before and it's true: "What the mind can conceive, the body will achieve..."

:)
Spuey

Post by Spuey »

Thanks for the tip Rob, its working out pretty well, I've been counting down from a rep number thats always 1 above the prescribed, and I'm finding it much easier.

Except, I can never ever complete my prescribed squat reps, by set 5 I'm pushing to failure to complete it, and set 6 always ends up being 2 reps at best.

I've never had better gains with my Bench Press and the following EDT block, I feel I could probably go beyond a +5% by workout 6!

I may not be able to get workout 6 to coincide with the meet unless I start taking more rest days. At the moment its a Monday Wednesday Friday repeat split, alternating between Bench and Squat workouts. I'm already on workout 3. Any suggestions?

Thanks again in advance!