New believer planning bp run 2 - advice please!!

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
UK-Legs

New believer planning bp run 2 - advice please!!

Post by UK-Legs »

So guys, so happy I took the plunge and invested in the BP2. I'm just finishing Cruise on my 1st run and my scales and body fat monitor say I put on 0.5 lbs. This isn't correct. The mirror and my weights say otherwise. My bench went up 7.5kgs to 107.5 kgs and full squat up 20 kgs to 140 kgs. Very happy with that!!

I just wanted to ask a few questions to the experienced guys and gals on here regarding where I went wrong on my 1st try and what to try on my impending 2nd run.

My goals are lean gains in summer lean bulk in winter, I want to enter a natural bodybuilding show when I'm ready. My arms and shoulders lag.

Run 1 - bp 2.0 training and 3.0 diet template.

Famine
3 weights sessions and 5 hour long LISS cardio sessions, no supplements, cals at 8x body weight, heart rate +13bpm after 5th day. I felt like shit, wanted to kill people etc.

Question A. Did I over do the cardio on this phase? Is +13bpm too much?

Feast (5 weeks)
2x weights sessions per week BP2 standard 1 set training for wks 2-4, change to BP2 volume routine wks 5-6. 1x HIIT cardio session/wk.
Supplements: Tonvara Turkesterone 100mg 5x/day wks 2-3, 8x/day wks 4-6, also BCAA, the formula, whey, multis, omega 3.

Cruise (3 weeks)
2x/week weights on Bill Starr's 5x5 routine. Cardio is 1x/wk HIIT.
Supplements: whey, multis, BCAA, omega 3.

Question B. Can someone clarify the training to failure principle in this phase, should I nail 5x5 every set to full failure? That's what I've been doing.

Run 2 Plan - Mentzer HIT and GVT training + BP 3.0 diet.

Famine
No supps, 3 weights sessions and 3 1hr LISS cardio, shoot for +8bpm heart rate.

Question C. Should I use MASS Yohimbine or Burn It Up to get me through it and stay lean? Starting a new job and don't want to be a dick!

Feast (6 weeks)
Maybe Mike Mentzer's HIT and German Volume Training? I don't have access to a great gym otherwise I would do standard BP 3.0 routine. These 2 have worked well for me before. Cardio 1x/week HIIT.
Supps: MASS Kre-Anabolyn 3x/day wks 2-4 and 6x/day wks 5-7, MASS Yohimbine (or Burn it up), MASS Gamma GH (I usually sleep 7-8 hours/night), Dessicated Liver wk 1, the formula, BCAA, whey, multis, omega 3.

Question D. Is this a good supplement plan? Should I add more Kre-Anabolyn or get Burn it up/Yohimbine for pre-workout energy?

Cruise (3 weeks)
Same as last time.

Sorry for lengthy post I'm just keen to get as muscular as possible this run, especially on arms and shoulders, any input is greatly appreciated I'm never offended by constructive criticism. Cheers in advance :D
RobRegish

Re: New believer planning bp run 2 - advice please!!

Post by RobRegish »

UK-Legs wrote:So guys, so happy I took the plunge and invested in the BP2. I'm just finishing Cruise on my 1st run and my scales and body fat monitor say I put on 0.5 lbs. This isn't correct. The mirror and my weights say otherwise. My bench went up 7.5kgs to 107.5 kgs and full squat up 20 kgs to 140 kgs. Very happy with that!!

A. Great job man!

I just wanted to ask a few questions to the experienced guys and gals on here regarding where I went wrong on my 1st try and what to try on my impending 2nd run.

My goals are lean gains in summer lean bulk in winter, I want to enter a natural bodybuilding show when I'm ready. My arms and shoulders lag.

Run 1 - bp 2.0 training and 3.0 diet template.

Famine
3 weights sessions and 5 hour long LISS cardio sessions, no supplements, cals at 8x body weight, heart rate +13bpm after 5th day. I felt like shit, wanted to kill people etc.

Question A. Did I over do the cardio on this phase? Is +13bpm too much?

A. Yeah, 5, hour long LISS is too much! Cals were right and RHR should be no more than 8 BPM above baseline.

Feast (5 weeks)
2x weights sessions per week BP2 standard 1 set training for wks 2-4, change to BP2 volume routine wks 5-6. 1x HIIT cardio session/wk.
Supplements: Tonvara Turkesterone 100mg 5x/day wks 2-3, 8x/day wks 4-6, also BCAA, the formula, whey, multis, omega 3.

Cruise (3 weeks)
2x/week weights on Bill Starr's 5x5 routine. Cardio is 1x/wk HIIT.
Supplements: whey, multis, BCAA, omega 3.

Question B. Can someone clarify the training to failure principle in this phase, should I nail 5x5 every set to full failure? That's what I've been doing.

A. You don't work to absolute failure in Cruise, far from it. Keep that technique to Feast (and even then, use it sparingly).

Run 2 Plan - Mentzer HIT and GVT training + BP 3.0 diet.

Famine
No supps, 3 weights sessions and 3 1hr LISS cardio, shoot for +8bpm heart rate.

Question C. Should I use MASS Yohimbine or Burn It Up to get me through it and stay lean? Starting a new job and don't want to be a dick!

A. BIU maybe, but no to Yohimbine. Famine should feel difficult/hard, but not like "death" per se. Always err on the side of caution..

Feast (6 weeks)
Maybe Mike Mentzer's HIT and German Volume Training? I don't have access to a great gym otherwise I would do standard BP 3.0 routine. These 2 have worked well for me before. Cardio 1x/week HIIT.
Supps: MASS Kre-Anabolyn 3x/day wks 2-4 and 6x/day wks 5-7, MASS Yohimbine (or Burn it up), MASS Gamma GH (I usually sleep 7-8 hours/night), Dessicated Liver wk 1, the formula, BCAA, whey, multis, omega 3.

Question D. Is this a good supplement plan? Should I add more Kre-Anabolyn or get Burn it up/Yohimbine for pre-workout energy?

A. All quality items. KA and/or Mass Pro Synthagen for recovery from these arduous sessions, BIU OR YS pre-workout (but not both!). GammaGH prior to bed. Dessicated liver between meals per 2.0's suggestions.

You should know Synthagen replaces "The Formula" and in fact - surpasses it in every respect. Big claim, but check the reviews here and elsewhere. Fantastic stuff...

Cruise (3 weeks)
Same as last time.

Sorry for lengthy post I'm just keen to get as muscular as possible this run, especially on arms and shoulders, any input is greatly appreciated I'm never offended by constructive criticism. Cheers in advance :D
You're doing great man! Muscle moves more weight, so you're for sure piling it on. Just make some minor tweaks as I suggest, and you'll get even BETTER results! :)
UK-Legs

Post by UK-Legs »

Rob,

Great advice, I would expect nothing less! Thanks for getting back quickly also. Synthagen is next on my list, I bought 2 BP cycles worth of the formula so want to finish it off 1st. Plus I want to try ecdy products one at a time to gauge effects objectively.

I'll let you know how it goes, want to get that bench up again! Any other pointers for specific arm and shoulder training Rob? I need to up my game on those lagging bastards!!

All the best, cheers again. :o
beefcake66

Post by beefcake66 »

Not the most helpful of suggestions... but I'd focus more on bringing up your lagging shoulders than your arms. The arm-size should follow the shoulder growth.

Best tip I was given to help bring up shoulders (caps, middle delts) was to do heavy partial lateral raises. I also do rotator cuff strengthening exercises (pre-hab). YTWLI raises, google it.

I'm sure Rob has better suggestions! I have similar issues and am about to start focusing on bringing them up more since i kinda blew out my knee again.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

UK-Legs wrote:Rob,

Great advice, I would expect nothing less! Thanks for getting back quickly also. Synthagen is next on my list, I bought 2 BP cycles worth of the formula so want to finish it off 1st. Plus I want to try ecdy products one at a time to gauge effects objectively.

I'll let you know how it goes, want to get that bench up again! Any other pointers for specific arm and shoulder training Rob? I need to up my game on those lagging bastards!!

The barbell jammer press is superb, as is close grip incline/decline. Working with DB's where you can pronate your grip (palms turned inward, facing each other) is another great strategy.

Can't wait for you to try Synthagen... :)
All the best, cheers again. :o
UK-Legs

Post by UK-Legs »

I'll try both recommendations, I'm starting famine on Tuesday. I'll let you both know how it's got in a few weeks on this thread. Hope that injury heals quick for you Beefcake66.
Cheers Beefcake66 and Rob, I'll post when I've got any news.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

UK-Legs wrote:I'll try both recommendations, I'm starting famine on Tuesday. I'll let you both know how it's got in a few weeks on this thread. Hope that injury heals quick for you Beefcake66.
Cheers Beefcake66 and Rob, I'll post when I've got any news.
Please do!