Buckminsterfullerene/C60---Best kept secret in PED's?

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
matter2003

Buckminsterfullerene/C60---Best kept secret in PED's?

Post by matter2003 »

Posted this as a reply in another thread, but I think this is too important to not post as its own thread...

A substance that has been talked about for several years now, Buckminsterfullerene(aka "Bucky Balls" due to its structure that looks like a ball) has showed it has significant life-extending properties a few years ago, and occurs naturally in a the Shungite mineral of Russian healing springs....its also called C60...

Apparently it was able to double rat's life expectancy and had no toxicity...

https://owndoc.com/anti-aging/buy-buckmi ... nti-aging/

https://c60antiaging.com/c60-antiaging/h ... tend-life/

https://joshmitteldorf.scienceblog.com/2013/01/29/63/

https://www.kurzweilai.net/fullerene-c60 ... o-toxicity

Here is a study regarding its MOA and findings: In plain English, its able to get to the "dirtiest place in the cell", where the mitochondria operates to produce energy and scavenge the waste byproducts of this exceptionally well, "scrubbing" the cell clean from the inside out.

With the waste byproduct quickly removed, it basically "Supercharges" the mitochondria(aka the powerplant of the cell).

Mechanism of Action:

Results:

According to our model fullerene C60 accumulating in mitochondria provides high radical scavenging activity in this subcellular compartment, called by Skulachev the “dirtiest place in the cell” [28]. Another effective antioxidant mechanism is based on mild uncoupling of respiration and phosphorylation. Respiratory chain obtains electrons from NADH and succinate. They are used for harmless four-electron reduction of oxygen. But the transfer of one or two electrons could produce the radicals that are dangerous to cells (such as superoxide or peroxide anions).

The specific feature attributable to the generation of ROS by mitochondria is related to the fact that the higher is the membrane potential (the larger is the difference in the concentration of protons inside and outside the mitochondria), the higher is the level of the superoxide anion production. As it was shown [29], there is steep dependence of mitochondrial superoxide-anion-radical generation on transmembrane potential (Δ). Even a small (10–15%) decline of Δ resulted in tenfold lowering of ROS production rate.

Therefore, the so-called mild uncouplers of oxidative phosphorylation are the substances which can move some of the protons inside the mitochondria and can possess an excellent oxygen-protective effect, although they are not antioxidants in terms of chemistry [19].

DFT simulations allowed us to propose the following mechanism. C60 fullerene molecules enter the space between inner and outer membranes of mitochondria, where the excess of protons has been formed by diffusion. In this compartment fullerenes are loaded with protons and acquire positive charge distributed over their surface. Such “charge-loaded’’ particles can be transferred through the inner membrane of the mitochondria due to the potential difference generated by the inner membrane, using electrochemical mechanism described in detail by Skulachev et al. [18, 24]. In this case the transmembrane potential is reduced, which in turn significantly reduces the intensity of superoxide anion-radical production.

5. Conclusion

The proposed ability of C60 fullerenes to acquire positive charge allows ascribing them to the mitochondrial-targeted compounds. The key role of mitochondria in the cellular regulation makes such “charge-loaded” fullerenes be of great interest along the route for novel classes of drugs development."

https://www.hindawi.com/journals/bmri/2013/821498/

For this reason by itself, I would be very interested in taking it...But this is only the START of where the fun begins---keep reading for the PED benefits of this compound:

WHOA....look at these reputed results in people taking this---very interesting for bodybuilding/weight training/aerobic training:

-Can lift much heavier weights, sometimes to the point of causing tendon injury. Commonly reported.

-Can do more reps of the same weight. This was the most commonly reported benefit. People were ADAMANT that there was a great difference, comparable to taking Creatine and that NOT EVEN ANABOLIC STEROIDS enabled such an immediate increase of both repetitions and max weight

-Calmer, reduction in stress

-Can run longer with seemingly more effective utilization of Oxygen. Less fatigue. “Cardiac improvements”. Better stamina and endurance.

-Can run faster whilst feeling more comfortable with a pulse that would normally be too high for steady-state.

-Higher libido. This is also seen in rat trials, already with 4 micrograms/kg, a dose five times lower than what we recommend as a daily dose.

And a post in favor from Suppversity, which I highly respect---claiming it might be the most liver-protective substance ever found:

https://suppversity.blogspot.com/2012/04 ... e-c60.html

Here is one person who trains regularly and heavily's report after 90 days on C60:

"Now that I have had about 90 days of using C60, I think I feel comfortable summarizing the main points of my experience..

-I have definitely established a new baseline of performance & recovery that seems to have leveled off after the first 30 days or so of use. I continue to take 3mg twice weekly and plan on maintaining this indefinitely.

-I found that during the first few weeks of use I experienced a profound change in my ability to recover from exercise as well as a significant increase in delayed onset of muscle fatigue.
The ability to quickly recover to a normal baseline state after intense exercise seems to be the most significant effect for me. It continues to this day.

-Regarding delayed onset of muscle fatigue - it is most apparent when doing short / explosive type movements that are high repetition, C60 really seems to shine in this area, giving not only a greater burst of power output but for much longer periods of time.

-Interestingly, in pure aerobic conditions (ie distance running) I noted no real effects other than the side benefit of greatly enhanced recovery after the runs.

-Initially I seemed to experience some improvement in skin tone and wrinkles, however, these effects were either placebo or did not last.

-I have not noted any faster wound healing, but (fortunately) I have not had anything major other than a few cuts and scrapes.

-My immune system seems much more responsive and able to fight off infection. I have had sinus/allergy issues my entire life and no longer even have a hint of those issues. However, I can attribute that a lot of other factors as well. (MOD-GRF / IPA use)

-I have also noted that C60 seems to exert some anti-inflammatory effects. My overall joint health is much better than pre-C60.
My eyesight has improved slightly, after a long history of slowly getting worse.

-I have noticed that their are some short term effects immediately after dosing such as increased clarity / mental energy. I don't know if this is just due to the olive oil, however. These effects seem to fade in about 4 hrs.

In summary, my experience with C60 has been life changing - as the better portion of my life outside work, family, is fitness related and this is where C60 has really had a real impact for me. "

His log can be read here:

https://www.longecity.org/forum/topic/64 ... se-and-me/

At one point in the log he said that he had done a certain drill with log carrying many, many times, hundreds in fact and as hard as he pushed at 100% effort, it still took him 22 minutes to complete. Within a few weeks on C60 he was completing it in under 15 minutes.

"The past couple of weeks have gone well, I definitely feel that I am retaining the effects of C60, at least thus far. I am still taking 6mg twice weekly and have no plans to change that schedule. I can now complete the log-exercise workout in under 15 minutes, when my previous best, prior to C60 was about 22 min. Its likely coming from a much greater delay in muscle fatigue and the reduced need to rest between sets (2min vs. 4 min previously). As I stated earlier I have done over 100 of those exact same log-exercise workouts and 22 minutes was the best I could achieve at 100% effort. I have suddenly cut close to 8 minutes off that time so that (in my mind at least) is quantifiable evidence that these effects are real."

Screw it , I ordered some...very reasonably priced, multiple suppliers have it for $20-30 for a month supply...will update once I start taking it...
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

I'm all in for the PE aspects of this stuff (if they're real). Living to 150 though, I dunno..

Unless it's a healthy/active 150 years old!

Thanks for posting brother. You make this place, a better place...
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

Beef liver fed to rats=rat swam so many times faster than those not that they had to cancel the experiment after 2h.(rats not fed liver drowed in 5min)

Beef liver fed to humans=Some mild strength gains.

Happens every time just like it will with this.
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

DaCookie wrote:Beef liver fed to rats=rat swam so many times faster than those not that they had to cancel the experiment after 2h.(rats not fed liver drowed in 5min)

Beef liver fed to humans=Some mild strength gains.

Happens every time just like it will with this.
Seems to be too much empirical evidence in humans to say there is no effect...definitely something is going on

If I had to place a bet on it, I would bet that it's superconductivity is what makes it work the way it does...the human body is a basically a giant electric battery, and introducing something that is superconductive into an electric environment is going to "supercharge" the battery...

C60 works by "electrically" neutralizing free radicals acting as an "electron reservoir". It stays in the cell layers of the mitochondria where it can "infinitely" act as free radical neutralizer. Unlike other substances, it suffers no degradation from stealing electrons from free radicals and can continuously do it over and over again forever, basically. As you read below, it can apparently both donate electrons to neutralize some free radicals while stealing electrons to neutralize others, both at the same time, causing no degradation to the original C60 molecule. This literally has never been seen before from any substance ever studied. It "plants" itself at the site of the toxic waste being produced inside the cell and continuously neutralizes it with ease like Neo in The Matrix dodging 100's of bullets in slow motion.

"The Buckyball molecule is an electron reservoir
Free radicals are molecules that have one or more electrons too few or too many, and they will damage any biological molecule they come in contact with. The Buckminsterfullerene C60 molecule can accept several electrons in case of a free radical with an electron surplus, and donate several electrons in case of a free radical with an electron deficit. C60 thus is an incredibly effective antioxidant, not in the least because it does not get degraded or unstable by accepting or donating electrons. The olive oil of the lipofullerene C60 binds the C60 into the cell layers, also those of the mitochondria, the energy factories in the cell. Hence the cells and mitochondria get an integrated nano-scale antioxidant system implanted into their cell walls. This is totally unique. No antioxidant supplement can be reused indefinitely. No antioxidant supplement can both accept and donate electrons, let alone multiple electrons. No antioxidant supplement sits for weeks in the lipid bilayers, exactly where it is needed the most. Except C60, which can do all these things.

One way C60 functions as an antioxidant, is to neutralize reactive Oxygen species (ROS) by accepting an electron from them. The unique aspect of C60 is that accepting an electron does not alter the structure of the C60 molecule, effectively infinitely recycling it. C60 can accept or donate many electrons (it works as an electron reservoir), so it is an incredibly powerful antioxidant in the cell walls (270 x better than vit. C, even disregarding the recycling effect!), constantly neutralizing damaging free radicals that reach the cells or mitochondria.

Let’s look at the example of superoxide, .O2-, since it’s the most common case. The way I wrote it with a period in front of the O means that there’s an unpaired electron on the molecule, the 2 means there are two oxygen atoms, and the “-” means it has a net charge of minus one. The enzyme manganese superoxide dismutase (Mn-SOD) catalyzes two different reactions, shown here. In the first one, an electron is accepted from superoxide, resulting in the charge on the manganese atom being decreased by one, and producing a molecule of ordinary oxygen. In the second reaction, the manganese atom gives up its extra electron to the superoxide, which reacts with two protons from the surrounding water to produce a molecule of hydrogen peroxide.

Mn3+-SOD + .O2− → Mn2+-SOD + O2
Mn2+-SOD + .O2− + 2H+ → Mn3+-SOD + H2O2.

In the case of c60, this dismutation reaction would look like this:

C60 + .O2− → .C60- + O2
.C60- + .O2− + 2H+ → C60 + H2O2.

In short, the Buckminsterfullerene C60 molecule is a “superantioxidant”, capable of neutralizing molecules that damage our cells and DNA by either accepting electrons or donating many electrons simultaneously, and not even be damaged by that process. These two properties are unique by themselves, but on top of that comes the fact that C60 connected with lipid chains (a lipofullerene) gets recycled in the cell so that the beneficial effects persist for weeks after having take a single large dose, or all day when taking a small dose."

It also has created a quantum physics conundrum in that C60 acts as both a wave AND a particle...and that type of thing just isn't supposed to be possible...

https://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v4 ... 680a0.html

And its role in cardiovascular health has already been well established...

https://www.owndoc.com/pdf/c60-cardiovascular-health.pdf

So to conclude, here are the differences between C60 and all other antioxidants, and really substances:

1) It gets "planted" inside the cell layers and mitochondria and stays there for long periods of time acting as a "superantioxidant factory" directly in the places dumping the toxic waste. No other substance ever found has the ability to do this.

2) It can both donate multiple electrons and steal multiple electrons, both at the same time, continuously with no damage to the original C60 molecule from any of these reactions. No other substance can both donate and steal even a single electron, let alone multiple electrons in both directions, at the same time. No other antioxidant substance can be reused indefinitely, like C60.

3) The effects can last for months or even potentially years after the last dose due to C60 being continuously recycled and undamaged and being planted inside the cell walls.

4) It acts in quantum physics like a particle AND a wave at the same time. That theoretically should not be possible.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Certainly interesting, but I have the following questions..

* Safety studies

* Limitation of anti-oxidant MOA

Don't get me wrong man, I'm HOPING this stuff pans out like what I'm reading here. It's just that when I'm reading this many positives, makes it hard for the product to live up to the hype.

Personally, I'm going to sit back for around 6 months and let the user reviews roll in. Having said that, yours is at the top of my list.

THANK YOU, for bringing our attention to it here. You really excel at digging these things up. Time for you to formulate!
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

RobRegish wrote:Certainly interesting, but I have the following questions..

* Safety studies

* Limitation of anti-oxidant MOA

Don't get me wrong man, I'm HOPING this stuff pans out like what I'm reading here. It's just that when I'm reading this many positives, makes it hard for the product to live up to the hype.

Personally, I'm going to sit back for around 6 months and let the user reviews roll in. Having said that, yours is at the top of my list.

THANK YOU, for bringing our attention to it here. You really excel at digging these things up. Time for you to formulate!
It has negative toxicity apparently, in that they attempted to poison the rats with it by finding the LD50 but they gave them a 1,000 times the normal dose and noted no toxicity, so they effectively gave up trying to find the LD50...in fact the experiment ended when the researcher just killed the last surviving rat because they wanted to get the experiment over with...

Limitations in regards to? Not sure I'm understanding that one...the MOA is unique unlike any other substance ever studied, and far more effective, unsure of any limitations...

Apparently the effects are noticeable within a few hours to a day or do, I will let you know...
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Here's what raised a red flag with me...

-Can lift much heavier weights, sometimes to the point of causing tendon injury. Commonly reported.

-Can do more reps of the same weight. This was the most commonly reported benefit. People were ADAMANT that there was a great difference, comparable to taking Creatine and that NOT EVEN ANABOLIC STEROIDS enabled such an immediate increase of both repetitions and max weight

These are the claims I'm wary of. They're not steroid like, they're saying they EXCEED anabolics! I've seen this claim before for anti-oxidant based compounds (all the way back to AST's VyoCylate). Never panned out in humans. The other thing: Lots of anecdotal feedback? OK, but the old game is to pepper the boards with glowing feedback, sometimes with a few folks - sometimes with a LOT more, all bought and paid for. Not saying that's happening here (who knows?), but the pattern looks familiar..

Now BELIEVE ME.. I hope this is all true! I guess you'll find out soon enough. Kudos for bringing it to our attention here...
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

RobRegish wrote:Here's what raised a red flag with me...

These are the claims I'm wary of. They're not steroid like, they're saying they EXCEED anabolics! I've seen this claim before for anti-oxidant based compounds (all the way back to AST's VyoCylate). Never panned out in humans. The other thing: Lots of anecdotal feedback? OK, but the old game is to pepper the boards with glowing feedback, sometimes with a few folks - sometimes with a LOT more, all bought and paid for. Not saying that's happening here (who knows?), but the pattern looks familiar..

Now BELIEVE ME.. I hope this is all true! I guess you'll find out soon enough. Kudos for bringing it to our attention here...
Here is some very in depth research regarding C60...Apparently what it's in has a huge effect on what happens...in water it can be toxic, when it's encapsulated in a lipid(Olive oil), it's not, and has significant anti-toxic effects...

https://www.anti-agingfirewalls.com/2014 ... olive-oil/

I would think the performance enhancements would be from the mitochondrial efficiency increasing as it doesn't have to worry about cleaning up waste...just a theory, but it would make sense
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Update on your experiment Matter??
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

RobRegish wrote:Update on your experiment Matter??
Results so far have been much better than expected. It's pretty much what is listed as the most common effect in the initial post...

I'm doing German Composition Training which is very taxing, pairing upper and lower body compounds in a superset and the resting 60 seconds and repeating.

Well, for the first half of the workout I was only resting 20-30 seconds because it was like my body wasn't even tired...very strange, I'd be breathing heavy once I finished but then within 4 or 5 breaths I'd go back to breathing normal...before this I'd be breathing hard for at least 30-40 seconds...it's almost like the "cleanup" after doing work is greatly accelerated, unsure exactly what's going on but it's very noticeable...and I had increased weights across the board from previous session as well...

This was my first workout since I started using it 3 days ago. Also noticed at football practice yesterday I was breathing normal even when doing conditioning drills and rest of teams was breathing hard...in the first workout I cut 6 minutes off my training time, taking 24 minutes to complete when it normally took 30 minutes. Also noticed my heart rate returned to baseline much quicker than normal once I was finished, about half the time, but I believe that might be because my Max heart rate during training was much lower, in the 140s instead of the 160s...

Don't want to give a full fledged endorsement based on 1 workout and practice but I am very interested to see if further improvements occur, especially in regards to strength, although I am taking several compounds that might factor into this...
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

Guys, I moved this over to the private BP Journals area of the site so you can continue the discussion.

Our legal has always been adamant we not link to other supplement sites, but we've always allowed general discussion of other products as long as things were kept within reason.

Since this is new and has both info/sale info on the links, I've made an exception and moved it here so we can hear the journal entries from Matter.
bigpelo

Post by bigpelo »

Thank you John! I was a silent reader and I am glad you kept this thread alive.

Matter, how are you dosing it? Do you plan on taking it forever?
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

bigpelo wrote:Thank you John! I was a silent reader and I am glad you kept this thread alive.

Matter, how are you dosing it? Do you plan on taking it forever?
Sorry John, din't mean to post links to the product itself, I was just interested in the information it contained about it and didn't even pay attention to that...my mistake, won't happen again.

BigP, I am taking 1.5 ml per day in the morning...as for how long, I guess we will see, I've got a 2 month supply right now, if everything goes good I will likely order more, its pretty inexpensive
beefcake66

Post by beefcake66 »

Very interested to hear how this experiment is continuing :D