hey guys new here and have some questions.

Learn, share, DISCOVER. Training Table Tips & Diet Discussion
flow

hey guys new here and have some questions.

Post by flow »

Sup
was recommended to try blueprint from scump and must say after reading the logs it looks impressive.
i have a few concerns for myself though. I am currently 230pounds at about 30% BF (i was 280 42%) and i am worried that bp may be counter productive to my cut.
after talking with scump he suggested i post in here for peoples opinions on a ways to run blueprint and shred fat at the same time.
i have had extremely good success with oxyelite pro and lean xtreme together as a stack and was about to run another cycle but this time added with erase.
Would these be suitable to run with BP?
I am also currently on 1800 cals a day and have been for about 8 months how would i go about doing BP with lower cals?

I am just a bit nervous as i have dropped 30kg (70 pounds) and i dont want to take any backwards steps.

cheers guys
scump

Post by scump »

will also add in for you flow, that recently (?last month or so) all lifts have become stagnant and stopped progressing.

regarding lower cals whilst on cycle, would be ok to allow for a slight increase (and still result in fat loss) in order to aid recovery and muscle gain!

but we will wait for Rob to chime in and see what he says....
flow

Post by flow »

yeah forgot to add that all lifts haven't changed in about 5 months :(
Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

Given proper calories you will lose fat regardless of training regimen

Blueprint can be a very effective fat loss program though!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

You can for sure lose fat on BP while having your lifts increase!

It is largely a matter of caloric cycling. Two options here:

1.) Start feast high (120% of maintenance first week), gradually reduce 10% a week through week 6 to ne less than 70%

2.) Zig Zag

First 3 days - 120% of maintenance
Remainder of first 2 weeks - 100% of training days, 90% on off days
Next 2 weeks - 100% on training days, 80% on off days
Final 2 weeks - 100% on training days, 70% on off days

Either will serve you well :)
flow

Post by flow »

zig zag sounds good.

what about running it with oep, lx and erase?
scump

Post by scump »

hey man i would put some money on option 1, i know you hate the idea of having high cals for a week.

but let me assure you, its 1 week man... you wont go backwards in one week, during this week you see insane growth in strength and size.

after that you could easily drop your cals down and lose fat whilst on the loading pattern, especially if your doing cardio bro.
flow

Post by flow »

Goddam you and your common sence scumpy ;p

yeah the more I think about it gradually loweriing from high cals makes since. That way I get the full benifits from bp.

Also if I run my stack at the same time it should help to stop any fat retention anyway.

Think it will give it a go next month :p
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Please do! And when you do... I'll be right here to help.
flow

Post by flow »

yeah i will defenatly need help as my gym has limited resources(no tbar or cable row machine) which means i have to adapt exercises.

also timing of the gym may be a issue but we will see.
scump

Post by scump »

a suggestion flow ECGC aka green tea, it doesn't actually help you lose weight, but it helps you maintain a healthy weight (stop gaining fat), if you like you could take that during your first 2 weeks of feast.

also man dont sweat not having the right equipment, i done BP with nothing more than my power cage, barbell and some dumbells... where there is a Rob there is a way ;)
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Ha ha he is right!

If you need specific recommendations, please spec them out here what you have to work with. I will find a way for you..
BrainSquirt

Post by BrainSquirt »

flow,

Make and declare a long range plan that is congruent with your ‘vision’.
Then make short term adjustments that stay aligned with essence of your long term plan.
This will really leverage all your hard work and also any help you get from Rob and this community.
(This may mean you don’t run BP until you’re done with your current ‘cut’ , etc etc. )

BF changes on BP are individual (especially in trunk areas) but it’s been my experience that at the core if you get all your skeletal and core muscles really healthy they will have BF for lunch … For me, the key to feast is to actually utilize all those extra calories with HEAVY lifting...

Are you developing a daily gentle sweat (on almost all days except beginning of feast / the 'week' discussed above)? If not… :idea:
hth
flow

Post by flow »

No gentle sweat.
Also have i started bp yet ;)