Muoio117's 1st run

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
scump

Post by scump »

hahaha good stuff man! i remember searching through my history looking for "muscle MASS" and raging i couldn't find the link to here...

you sound like me, only updating your log once a week lol.

glad to have you back anyway, i was getting concerned not seeing Muoio's log up next to Pmartinez's
Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

i swear the BP is passing through Yorba Linda by STORM

YES! glad to have started this fire :)
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Thanks to you BigJaz :)

Can't thank you enough. OP, GREAT work thus far...
Muoio117

Post by Muoio117 »

Big.jazayrli wrote:i swear the BP is passing through Yorba Linda by STORM

YES! glad to have started this fire :)
And I thank you for this. Otherwise I'd still be stuck in the under 200 lb squat club...At least now I'm actually getting somewhere. It's not great to most standards, but I promise it will be, God willing. Oh, and has anyone else at YL Fit, besides Chris, started the BP? Last time I was there their were a few people who were semi-interested.

Okay, so I've decided that I'm too lazy to write out every workout I do, so I'll just be giving overall summaries. I'm so busy with school that I don't have much time to be online at all, as you can probably tell by now. Plus, I'm running a sponsored log for MN's X-factor and three different sites. Since it's sponsored, I can't really skimp on my logging duties. But don't worry Rob, I'm not giving away any BP secrets. I'm actually not even telling them I'm running BP. But I tell you, the combo of X-factor Advanced and BP is really putting my strength up, and I love the pumps I get from XFA.

Another update is that I've decided to start a cut. I've already started cutting back my calories ever so slowly as to not shock my system. Plus I don't want to lose any BP gains. Today is my fourth day on the cut and I still had an awesome strength increase on my legs. I just finished my leg workout #3 for GLP I and it was awesome. I managed to hit all my reps plus I managed to get an extra rep in during my final set. I hit 5 reps instead of the 4 (I hope it's not bad that I did that). I also raised my SLDL to 215 from my prior 195 during my final squat/SLDL superset. It's some awesome stuff. I can't believe how much I've gained from this run. I really just want to keep thanking Rob and everyone else who's supported my through this. Seriously, I really appreciate it all.

Oh, and I almost forgot. My chest workout #3 was on Thursday, and felt pretty strong on that too. I don't think I rest long enough between my fifth and sixth set, so I didn't hit all my reps. I was one short. But that was only because of my eagerness to get it done. I learned from that mistake and made up for it this morning.

Another thing is I plan on changing it up some this week. I will keep the bench and squat days the same but I will only do one of each per week. Then I'll throw in a shoulder/trap day and an bi/tri day. So I'll be working out four days a week, shorter workouts, with only two being BP oriented. I figured that since I'm on a cut, more frequent yet shorter workouts (45 min) would be more beneficial. When I try to squeeze in shoulder and/or arms on a BP day, my workouts take waaaay too long. So I'm gonna try that change this week and see how it goes.

Now, if you just read all that then I am very surprised, lol. The most important thing is that I'm making great gains and I want to thank everyone for their support.
Muoio117

Post by Muoio117 »

scump wrote:.

you sound like me, only updating your log once a week lol.

glad to have you back anyway, i was getting concerned not seeing Muoio's log up next to Pmartinez's
LOL. Yeah, I'll try to update it more, but I'm busy with school so I get lazy when it comes to logging....
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

This is great news!

So happy for you and everything sounds like its hitting on all cylinders. Someday, you too will be in a position to share your gift with others. I don't know if you've seen the "Giving Back" thread, but if not please see here:

https://bodybuildingsupplements.com/phpB ... .php?t=485

You can make somebody's world a better place. I promise you, there's no better feeling in the world...

Please limit it to 1 person though, K? :)
pmartinez78

Post by pmartinez78 »

scump wrote:
ya, I was starting to wonder if he was going to continue logging.
Muoio117

Post by Muoio117 »

RobRegish wrote:This is great news!

So happy for you and everything sounds like its hitting on all cylinders. Someday, you too will be in a position to share your gift with others. I don't know if you've seen the "Giving Back" thread, but if not please see here:

https://bodybuildingsupplements.com/phpB ... .php?t=485

You can make somebody's world a better place. I promise you, there's no better feeling in the world...

Please limit it to 1 person though, K? :)
Yeah, I saw that thread. I gave the BP to one of my friends who said he was now dedicated enough to do it. Well, I haven't heard from him since the last day of famine. So I don't know what he's been up to...
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Shoot well, you tried.

Intent matters. Matters a lot in fact. You had good intent... :)
Muoio117

Post by Muoio117 »

Alright guys. I'm back again. It looks like I'll be posting once a week, lol, or at least that's the pattern at the moment.

My week has been pretty good regarding workouts. The only thing is that on my chest day I wasn't able to hit the second rep on the last set, which really annoyed me. Other than that I've had some pretty good workouts. Tomorrow is legs again. I'm looking forward to it, especially since there has been this really cute girl in there consistently on Saturday mornings :)
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Thanks for updating. As I've counseled prior, totally natural to miss a rep here or there on GLP1.

Nothing to stress about :)
Muoio117

Post by Muoio117 »

RobRegish wrote:Thanks for updating. As I've counseled prior, totally natural to miss a rep here or there on GLP1.

Nothing to stress about :)
It still bugs me though :)

But I'm sure I'll completely forget about it when I increase my max.
pmartinez78

Post by pmartinez78 »

I haven't missed a rep yet but I was very close. I'm not going to lie. I started wondering if I'll be ready to hit my new max on Monday. Try not to think about it much. Just pump yourself for your next lift. I've been visualizing myself lifting that weight with ease.
scump

Post by scump »

when i did my 1 rm max during HIT training i went to load the weight up to 245 thinking i should be able to hit that for my 3 reps (i done 3rm max not 1rm max) but i accidentally loaded up 266 and still managed to get my 3 reps.

its amazing how much of lifting is psychological, i actually read something once that said lie to yourself, tell yourself its less weight and you have lifted it before, and this is nothing... just another set on another day ;)