MASS PRO Whey

Serious supplementation, focused on the MASS line at BodyBuildingSupplements.com
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

They each release at different rates, yes. This is the beauty that is MassPro. Ultra fast peptides, fast isolate, a bit slower concentrate. Not sure on the Colostrum but would guess that's a bit slower itself. Need to trickle feed it a bit more. Simple.

Mix it in milk and/or heavy cream. It's an incredible protein. Best in WATER in your intra-workout drink!
blanchdawg

Post by blanchdawg »

I'm telling y'all - the best ever was the chocolate banana split. Maybe I'm the only one who loved it - because Mass stopped selling it a while back.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

No, I liked it too!

VERY good stuff... :)
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

We are probably going to do another special flavor run by the spring and the Chocolate Banana Split is definitely in the running, guys.

We get a lot of requests to bring back the Georgia Peach one, too.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

I was going to ask for that!

Awesome and thanks for listening John!!
dracotdrgn

Post by dracotdrgn »

Alright....
Knowing we have a post workout window to slam down our MassPro, but also knowing we shouldn't run with a stomach full of protein. If you run for 45-60 minutes after your workout does your window start after the last weight is lifted or the last stride is taken???

Personally I would let it ride and slam right after the run. If I didn't bring the shaker to the gym I'd hustle home after my shower. Ballpark 90 minutes after the last weight lifted and 30 minutes after cardio,

Thoughts...Data....Tests...?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

I slam it right after the workout and do cardio on off days. That way, there's no dilemma.

In your situation though, I'd think it best after the run. The other option is half prior to the run and half after.

No data I'm aware of, just a hunch...
the_buffer

Post by the_buffer »

hmm....

I don't know exactly what your current goals are, but from the sound of it I would be inclined to guess you're doing a pretty massive cut.

The only advantage I can see of doing cardio after training is that you've already depleted glycogen, but I would think it might also be detrimental to maintaining your lean gains.

Another downside here is that you probably don't want to use a carb drink in between because you want your glycogen stores empty, so that 45 minute window won't be optimally utilized anyway I would think.

A different way to accomplish what you're trying to do might be doing HIIT for 15 min or so, then doing moderate intensity steady state after for 20-30 minutes to get the best of both worlds. I've found this method very effective.

But if you are determined to do cardio right after weight training I think I would either take a small serving of Mass, or alternatively just use BCAAs to help avoid catabolism, and then have the larger meal a little while after the cardio.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Very, very solid advice Buffer (as usual) :)
JML2011

Post by JML2011 »

going to be getting some masspro here in a few days...

which flavor is your favorite?!!??

Im considering either the vanilla, or the berries in cream (it intrigues me :D )
Chocolate is always a good runner too lol
dracotdrgn

Post by dracotdrgn »

For post wo MVP in juice, for breakfast chocolate, momma won't let me have any more Berries & Cream. (she wrote her name on it)
Oh buffer~ solid feed back, but me... major cut... no way man wrong season. I spread the word on MassPro and have become the point man for questions on usage. This was a scenario from one of my guys trying to "get after it" and bring in the new year with a bang. I would personally not do this for reasons mentioned above. I just know this is the place for feedback if I want to give more than my opinion to people. Thanks guys.
JML2011

Post by JML2011 »

Does MassPro have digestive enzymes in it?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Not quite sure but it does have lecithin and has the trademark "silky" feel to it that's characteristic of a partially hyrdrolyzed whey.

It's hard to describe but for sure won't bloat you, give you gas like the cheapies you'll find at Wallyworld.

They have nice shiny labels on them though.. :)
JML2011

Post by JML2011 »

haha so they feel good and are shiny? :P

I was asking because I think the enzymes would help for hardgainer's like myself to break down the proteins and whatnot and absorb more out of it.. Just a thought?