AFdave Blueprint v1

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
afdave

AFdave Blueprint v1

Post by afdave »

Was going to wait for 3.0, but Rob suggested signing up now and getting 3.0 FREE when it comes out. Here is my background:

I run marathons and do triathlons, but finally got tired of looking like a runner. In 2011 I was able to increase my 1RM bench press from 155 to 205 (not great, but getting there).

Fitness is key for my family. I have been in the Air Force for 12 years and have been married for 12 years as well. My wife and I have 5 and 7 year old boys, that are enrolled in swim lessons and either football/baseball/basketball all year. Our oldest did his first triathlon last year and loved it. My wife has lost 80 lbs since having our youngest child, and does great with diet/nutrition, which shows for our children and me.

Just signed up today, so I will be spending the next week or so researching. I'm currently lifting 3-4 days/week and running between 40 and 60 miles/week in training for a marathon on 1 May. Looking to see if I can juggle The Blueprint and marathon training.

My wife and I have access on base to a BodPod, so I am looking to lower my BF% (currently 13%) and gain some weight (currently 6'5" 180). Ok, that was not such a brief intro, but there it was :) Looking forward to learning everything!
RobRegish

Re: AFdave Blueprint v1

Post by RobRegish »

afdave wrote:Was going to wait for 3.0, but Rob suggested signing up now and getting 3.0 FREE when it comes out. Here is my background:

I run marathons and do triathlons, but finally got tired of looking like a runner. In 2011 I was able to increase my 1RM bench press from 155 to 205 (not great, but getting there).

Fitness is key for my family. I have been in the Air Force for 12 years and have been married for 12 years as well. My wife and I have 5 and 7 year old boys, that are enrolled in swim lessons and either football/baseball/basketball all year. Our oldest did his first triathlon last year and loved it. My wife has lost 80 lbs since having our youngest child, and does great with diet/nutrition, which shows for our children and me.

Just signed up today, so I will be spending the next week or so researching. I'm currently lifting 3-4 days/week and running between 40 and 60 miles/week in training for a marathon on 1 May. Looking to see if I can juggle The Blueprint and marathon training.

My wife and I have access on base to a BodPod, so I am looking to lower my BF% (currently 13%) and gain some weight (currently 6'5" 180). Ok, that was not such a brief intro, but there it was :) Looking forward to learning everything!
All welcome Dave!!!

Knew you were serving but not in the Air Force. I happen to have BIG TIME OCD for high tech birds like the F-22 Raptor. We have 18 F-15C's here just 1 town over who are responsible for defending the northeast. Big airshow this Septemeber so I chatted up on of the pilots.

After some really in depth/interesting conversation a frienship was struck up. I then asked if he'd mind if I took it for a spin. "I won't go far, I just want to buzz Agawam a few times and I'll bring it right back... promise".

Guy laughed so hard, he probably wished he had his G-suit on :)

Now with respect to your Blueprint run... understand it's a ways off. No problem. Right here for you to answer any questions!!!

Welcome home Dave. Welcome home....
afdave

Post by afdave »

Thanks! Spent the day over Idaho in the RC-135. Got to take some time and read more of The Blueprint.

Feel much better after reading some of the posts describing the workouts. Dare I start 2.0 during marathon training? How about a personal best marathon on 1 May as well as adding to my lifts? Would running 50 miles during famine week be a good idea?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Definately no 50 mile marathons during Famine. Man, I wouldn't do that to you :)

We'll get you there. I just need your initial thoughts on how much running you think you'll be able to tolerate during Famine... Keep in mind the workouts are going to take a LOT out of you...
afdave

Post by afdave »

I am thinking I could run the day before and the day after famine, so that I would only end up running a total of 30 miles during the 5 day famine.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Makes me tired just reading it... :)
afdave

Post by afdave »

It's something you get used to. Many of my running buddies want to see what happens with this guy that is supposed to help me stop looking like a runner!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

LOL. They'll all be wondering how a weight lifter beat them then...
afdave

Post by afdave »

Have not heard anything in awhile. U doing ok Rob?
afdave

Post by afdave »

? Hello ?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Been here every day man... Just picked up your PM.

I'm going to PM you my cell phone # too. I'll bend over backwards to make things right for you, whatever that may be...