New. Several questions

Learn, share, DISCOVER. Training Table Tips & Diet Discussion
TriPhosphate

New. Several questions

Post by TriPhosphate »

Just getting started here. I'm not fully understanding the traning protocol but i'll post that in that section.

I'm cutting right now. Possibly for a bodybuilding show. 3 HIIT cardio sessions a week and a few MISS sessions thrown in. I have no intentions of stalling my cut thus far. I've been going extremely slow in order to preserve muscle mass and i'm at about .3-.4 lbs per week. i'm going to start ramping it up though. Through all the phases, I want to be in a caloric defecit. I would also like to keep cardio in but i'll go to the training sessions for that question.

So I guess I have no idea how to run the BP diet like this successfully. Keep in mind I currently train 7 days a week (weights) and the cardio I mentioned above, so I'm buring a lot calories from those alone and BP training is quite a bit less volume (from what i know so far).

If BP is not for me currently, I'll wait it out. It's a completely unorthodox way of training (for me), but my current training is completely unorthodox from everybody else's so i'm willing to try things.

Thanks
Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

You are relying far too much on cardio and training for your calorie deficit if you're in training for a show

you should probably readjust your diet
TriPhosphate

Post by TriPhosphate »

Big.jazayrli wrote:You are relying far too much on cardio and training for your calorie deficit if you're in training for a show

you should probably readjust your diet
3 cardio sessions a week is very, very low compared to some..

Training 7 days a week is not unheard of.
Hank!

Post by Hank! »

When do you recover?

Are you lifting heavy. what is your weight routine?
the_buffer

Post by the_buffer »

hey!

The current version of BP is designed as a muscle gain program. It can be (and has been) adapted into a Recomp program.

I'm a firm believer in what the program can do, but to be 100% honest, if you're doing a competition cut I don't really know how you'd use the BP principals, especially if there is a specific competition you've got your eye on.

Personally I'd start implementing blueprint after your cut and I think you'll be quite impressed by how much lean mass you can put on.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

the_buffer wrote:hey!

The current version of BP is designed as a muscle gain program. It can be (and has been) adapted into a Recomp program.

I'm a firm believer in what the program can do, but to be 100% honest, if you're doing a competition cut I don't really know how you'd use the BP principals, especially if there is a specific competition you've got your eye on.

Personally I'd start implementing blueprint after your cut and I think you'll be quite impressed by how much lean mass you can put on.
Right here. Nice call Buffer. OP given everything I've read, this would be my course of action. Believe I PM'd you my cell phone #. By all means, if you'd like do call me to discuss.

My dime.. :)