Which Whey?

Serious supplementation, focused on the MASS line at BodyBuildingSupplements.com
JML2011

Which Whey?

Post by JML2011 »

haha... clever title... sorry it made me laugh.

I am in love with MassPRO Berries and Creme, as well as the other flavors and the product as a whole. Its awesome and I have lots of it in stock.

However, I was wondering what other cold processed whey's you guys use? What do you like/dislike about them?

Thanks for your input!
doolee

Post by doolee »

I've tried mostly blend proteins as they are typically cheaper, and I don't stress on proteins. I have gone through multiple tubs of ON whey (not sure if cold processed), and they are ALRIGHT in taste/good profile. Usually, my proteins are meal replacement, and I go with cold processed economy blends.

To be honest, I'd rather stock up on MassPRO aminos. Protein can only spike your muscle protein synthesis so much, regardless of source. Free forms can take the synthesis ABOVE normal physiological levels.
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

Yes mass pro berries and creme is my favorite flavour along with vasolate strawberry but these are too expensive.I think cold processed is overrated, you denature protein in the process of digesting it.I dont know any cold processed besides mass pro.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

You know what I love?? The Vanilla (and chocolate). The special runs like banana split and peaches n' cream are fantastic too but damn, they got that vanilla down to a "T"!!!
bigpelo

Post by bigpelo »

In the pass I was using Allmax Isoflex. I can have it at a pretty good price in Canada and it's a blend of low temperature process whey concentrate, isolate, hydrolysed plus some 4-hydroxy-isoleucine and other ingredients I don't remember. Probably the only whey I would buy if I run out on MassPro Whey because it takes up to 3.5 weeks to get my MuscleMass stuff up north...

I also bought some Warrior Whey. It's a cold process whey concentrate from the supplement company of Ori Hofmelker, the warrior diet guy, thus the name of the whey. I will try after my chocolate MassPro Whey and I will report on here, as Rob want me to.

Other proteins I take are vegan type. I take hemp protein or a blend of pea, hemp and brown rice protein every day. High in fibre, omega 3 and chlorophyll. Not the best tasting protein around but it gives a good nutrition profile and a nice change from whey.
doolee

Post by doolee »

DaCookie wrote:Yes mass pro berries and creme is my favorite flavour along with vasolate strawberry but these are too expensive.I think cold processed is overrated, you denature protein in the process of digesting it.I dont know any cold processed besides mass pro.
Haha I've been meaning to buy some vasolate as soon as I win the lottery.

And it is pretty difficult to find a cold-processed whey. Everytime I want to suggest one, I remember it is a blend.
DV8

Post by DV8 »

I've been using Dymatize Iso-100 with some good success. Good recovery times (especially when used with Karbolyn), great taste (vanilla is no where as tasty as MASS PRO, though), easily mixed, and its cheap.

I want to go back to using ON Hydrolized Whey, but it is pretty pricey.

My favorite MASS PRO flavor has got to be Berries n Creme. The Vanilla was pretty good too.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

God that Vanilla is fantastic.

Dunno who the flavoring genius is but he or she is just that... a genius!!
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

I'm really flattered by all these MASS PRO compliments.

THANK YOU ALL.

We do work very hard at having a great tasting protein and do not skimp on using the highest quality flavorings.

A lot of thought and testing does go into our flavor profiles, for sure.

The way I see it, for results you need athlete compliance. If it tastes like crap, or is weak and bland or artificial tasting, no one is going to use the product consistently.

Take someone on a strict high protein diet... let's say it is a non athlete who was accustomed to having a high calorie nutrient void chocolate snack every day... With MASS PRO Hershey's Chocolate, they can actually look forward to their shake as a great tasting replacement for that devoid brownie while staying on their diet plan to improve their shape, fitness and overall health.

That's a win-win situation all around and what we strive for to earn repeat business and strong personal referrals.
syracuseo

Mass Pro to Canada ?

Post by syracuseo »

Love MM's products, especially the ( cold processed )Mass Pro whey..........tried to place 2nd order and now customs Canada came to ask for a $300+ duty charges on $260 order of whey, kre alk, Gaba, and colostrum......

As much as I love the products, I had to refuse paying duty charges that are way and above the value of my order........unfortunately, now I'm screwed and have to search in Canada for another source.

Canada customs really a pain in the but.......finally found a great company/products, and, they screw yoiu so you cannot order from here.
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

Hi Syracuseo,

Man, that is so very rare, especially for us since we do everything in our power to keep entry fees at zero or next to zero, and ease customs passage too.

I really hate to hear this. We have seen this happen maybe a handful of times in our entire existence and that is out of untold thousands shipped to Canada.

How did they arrive at that whopper fee, anyway? Pulled it out of their *ss?

Well, I just talked to Teri and she said an email was been sent out earlier to you to get this corrected.

Bummer your package was the rare one pulled. I can't remember another in probably the last five years up your way.
Cyril

Post by Cyril »

I love to eat the supplement s that r rich of proteins because i don't have any problem with the increase of my proteins level. I almost like every flavor in supplements.
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

I love Mass Pro's Whey Protein, but I usually combine it with a cheaper form of whey. So for instance, if I am taking 55g, I'll take 30g of Mass Pro and 25g of the other protein.

Right now I have ProLab Whey because I got a huge end of the year deal on 5lb jugs for 14.95, which will last me for at least 6 more months...

I have also used TrueProtein's custom blends with good success, but they are about $50 shipped for 3 lbs...
aron7awol

Post by aron7awol »

I bought a case of MASS PRO Whey, chocolate, vanilla, and berries & creme flavors. The vanilla and berries & creme mix very easily with a spoon, but no matter what I do, the chocolate mixes absolutely horribly and I end up with big chunks floating at the top, sticking to the sides, and sticking to the spoon. Did I just get a bad batch or does the cocoa in the chocolate just make it very difficult to mix?