TF's Blueprint Log

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
TURBOFLEX

TF's Blueprint Log

Post by TURBOFLEX »

It's finally time to run this thing!! I'm just coming off a cut, with semi-successful results, BF not as low as I hoped :(but better than it was:) I have had a full weeks rest, and I'm very anxious to get back in the gym.
I'll also be running a Thermolife stack using E,T,and cbol creatine, it'll be my first time using ecdy or a test booster. I have used cbol creatine and it's a great product. I am very excited and have really high hopes for this run!! I'll update as much as possible.

TURBOFLEX'S stats:

Ht:6"1
Lbs:200
Bf: 13-14% (if I'm using the calipers right)

suplements:
E-bol
tbol trib
cbol creatine
Extend
Isolyze
Opti-Men
fishoil

I'm goin to be using the german loading phase#2 during my feast phase, focusing on bench and squat, I will post maxes when I get em

Famine starts tomorrow 3/10/10
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Welcome aboard Turboflex.

I'm here to answer any questions you have and walk you through it, step by step in the event you so desire.

We have a great community here of now experienced BP's too, who will be able to chime in to assist you!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

To futher assist, I've sketched out the following workout related suggestions for famine:

Monday

Legs, Back and Bi's with 2 minutes of rest between sets, 3 total sets for each movement in the 4-6 rep range. These should be structured as jump sets in the following fashion as follows.

- Squats with a weight that finds you able to perform 4-6 reps immediately into

- Seated cable rows for 4-6 rep range

Rest for approximately 2 minutes and repeat for 2 more rounds

Biceps

- Standing barbell curls for 4- 6 reps

REST 2 minutes

- Incline dumbell curls for 4-6 reps

REST 2 minutes

- Preacher curls for 4-6 reps

DONE

Wednesday

Chest, shoulders and tri's with 1 minute in between sets, 4 total sets for each movement in the 8-10 rep range. Jump set pairings should be as follows:

- Wide grip bench press for 8-10 reps immediately into
- Seated DB shoulder presses for 8-10 reps

Rest 1 minute in between sets and repeat 3 more times

Rest one minute and begin the following:

Triceps

- Decline close grip bench presses for 8-10 reps

REST 1 minute

- Skull crushers/lying tricep extensions for 8-10 reps

REST 1 minute

- Cable tricep pressdowns for 8-10 reps

DONE

Friday

Repeat Monday's workout but with this time with 5 sets and just 30 seconds between sets.

- Select a weight that puts you in the 12-15 rep range.

- This is absolutely brutal but it gets us to where we need to be in the specified 5 day timeframe.

You'll likely lose 1lb/day or thereabouts. Resting rate should eventually get to 8 bpm above baseline or therabouts by day 5.

Lecithin granuals are highly recommended during this time (thanks to Brain for this contribution) to ensure CNS is in tip-top shape for the rebound.

Hope that helps..
TURBOFLEX

Post by TURBOFLEX »

I have a workout mapped out but it has a more volume, It may be to much, let me know what you think. I'm used to higher volume workouts, and feel I have a very quick recovery rate. Then again I've never trained in famine. Here's what I have

Weds which is my first day of famine
(note: all rest,set, and rep ranges are just like it's mapped out in BP, Just more volume than you perscribed)

Squat
1 arm db rows

legpress
bent over rows

hamstring curl
leg ex

seated rows
pull downs

incline curl
hammercurl

standing bb curl
preacher curl

FRI: chest/shoulder/tri

Wide grip bench
Db seated press

Incline Db press
seated military in smith machine

Decline close grip bench
skull crushers

cable pull downs
tri kick back

db shrugs was planning on doing 2sets of 15

sun:

probably cut the volume down some for this one.

Squat
1 arm rows

leg press
bent over rows

Incline curl
Hammer curl

standing bb curl
preacher curl

let me know if thats to much, I dont think it will be, but I dont wanna over due it, and hender or hold back any gains during the feast.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Wow. Congrats if you can make it through that. Hope you have a puke bucket around for Friday :)

Do feel free to cut the volume down if it feels like it's "too much". We want to generate an anti-catabolic response here to tee up the adaptogen, not kill you!

I know you'll do it justice. Just please don't hurt yourself. I know it hurts me just looking at it :)
TURBOFLEX

Post by TURBOFLEX »

Well my workout went OK, I had a killer headache the whole time, and everytime I squatted it felt like I was getting hit in the head with a axe!!:(
And the longer I worked out the worse the headache got. But besides the headache and being hungry, it felt GREAT to be back in the gym again:) I did go ahead and cut the volume back to something closer to what you had Mix. I'm a little disapointed I didnt do what I had planned, but I feel like I got in a good workout nonetheless.The famine is gonna be tuff, I'm hungry and I really like to eat animals!! I have no doubt I'll get threw it though, but I already ready for it to be over. I do have about a 1000 cals or so I can consume before bed, so I'm lookin forward to that!! Very excited go back and lift fri. Chest day is my favorite!!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

You're going to REALLY hate me by day 3 :)

Take care to well....not run it too hard. This should be a detox phase (I unfortunately named it the unflattering "famine")

To that end, juicing with fresh fruits/vegetables is HIGHLY encouraged. John has a recipe on there somewhere.

Should be a sticky!
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

First time out is the toughest, Turbo, but you'll pull through fine - and in time actually find yourself looking forward to the phase when you've dialed it in to best suit yourself personally.

For me it is a VERY positive thing where I focus on raw foods, fresh fruit and veggie juicing to develop a clarity of mind where I can "program" a positive outcome to that particular BP run.

Keep at it, it's a fantastic, cleansing and all empowering discipline.

Where is that recipe, Rob?

We published it somewhere, but the most recent MASS eNewsletter featured the David Wolf smoothie.

I'm sure I PM'd it to you... anyway, the gist is to juice 2 carrots, 2 celery stalks, 1 apple, 1/2 a small red beet, and a fistful each of kale and parsley (and in non famine phases stir in a scoop of MASS PRO MVP). Once daily, for life!
TURBOFLEX

Post by TURBOFLEX »

yeah I need to buy a juicer. I'm fixin to hit the sac, but first thought i'd post up my diet.

1 cup activia yogurt= 70 cals
a glass of V-8 =90 cals

8-10 coacoa almonds= 90 cals
2 dried mediterranean apricots=40 cals

glass of V-8=90 cals
1 red apple (pre-workout)=100 cals

About 15 cashews=120 cals
fresh mixed fruits (grapes,pinnaple,kiwi, and cantaloupe)=200 cals

wheat thins(fiber select)=120 cals
2 reduced fat colbyjack cheese snack bars=120 cals
glass of V-8=90 cals

decent helping of steamed broc, cali, and carrots= 50 cals
wheat thins= 120 cals
cheese snack bars = 120 cals
finished of jug of V-8=130 cals

1600 goal calories
1550 consumed calories

Not to bad:)
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Man you NAILED it! TextbookTurbo. That should be your new handle..

Now one thing you've done here that I think everyone can learn from is to put as many of the calories at the end of the day as possible.

Although it makes the rest of the day difficult, doing so ensures you don't go to bed too hungry.

I don't know about you guys but I can't sleep when I'm hungry...
TURBOFLEX

Post by TURBOFLEX »

askmass wrote:First time out is the toughest, Turbo, but you'll pull through fine - and in time actually find yourself looking forward to the phase when you've dialed it in to best suit yourself personally.

For me it is a VERY positive thing where I focus on raw foods, fresh fruit and veggie juicing to develop a clarity of mind where I can "program" a positive outcome to that particular BP run.

Keep at it, it's a fantastic, cleansing and all empowering discipline.

Where is that recipe, Rob?

We published it somewhere, but the most recent MASS eNewsletter featured the David Wolf smoothie.

I'm sure I PM'd it to you... anyway, the gist is to juice 2 carrots, 2 celery stalks, 1 apple, 1/2 a small red beet, and a fistful each of kale and parsley (and in non famine phases stir in a scoop of MASS PRO MVP). Once daily, for life!
Thanks for the encouragment bud!!:) That is a very interesting recipe, I may have to give that a shot.
TURBOFLEX

Post by TURBOFLEX »

Day #2 of famine
off day

Diet

Yogurt=70
blueberries=15

broccoli=75
v-8=130

wheat thins=120
2 cheese snack bars=120
v-8=130

4 dried apricots=100
10 cashews=80
v-8=140

fresh kiwi,grapes,pineaple,cantaloupe=200
fresh broc, cali,carrots=100
10 cashews=80

wheat thins=120
2 cheese snack bars=120

goal 1600
total consumed 1600

Sweet!! Everything is dead on diet wise so far, I am starting to miss my protein though, I'm taking in approximately 50 grams a day, but thats I far cry from the usual 200-250 I'm used to. To my surprise the hunger hasnt really hit me that hard yet. I mean I'm hungry, but it isnt that bad considering I've cut my calories practically in half :? I definetley feel different though, it's kinda odd really, dont know how to discribe it :roll: Cant wait to hit he gym tomorrow 8) And I finally got to get back to work today after a little ''unwanted'' time off. The construction field is S-L-O-W right now :( Hopefully spring time will get things rollin!!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Excellent work thus far...no doubt about it.

You're putting great mental and physical effort into The Blueprint and trust me.......you'll be rewarded!
dracotdrgn

Post by dracotdrgn »

Another construction brother......welcome aboard!! I used my time off to put a lot of effort into my diet and training. The Blueprint has helped me do this. Unfortunatly towards the end of my last run I went back to work with some serious ot, and it really put a damper on my final results. Bouncing back on my second run though. Good luck Turbo!!!