Leucine

Serious supplementation, focused on the MASS line at BodyBuildingSupplements.com
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

doolee wrote:Am I missing something? Branch chains already are in a free form. so 5g pure leucine would be the same thing as 10g bcaa (2:1:1). ???
A. You're not missing anything...

3Faces of Fear say... correct!!! :) :) :)
vangkm007

Post by vangkm007 »

seasoned wrote: Well, according to at least one publication, if the level of leucine in your blood doesn't change much, you won't see much of a difference. But leucine is in a LOT of things, including any halfway decent protein. They would have to refine it out if they wanted to sell whey or casien protien without leucine. And meat has it, of course.

BTW leucine is supposed to be basically the amino that make valine and isoleucine work. So you can thank leucine for that. Oh yeah, those are the only aminos in the typical BCAA supplement. In fact, those 3 are the only ones called BCAAs.

BTW SOME BCAAs have decided to double, or more, the typical amount of leucine in their BCAAs!

Steve
I usually do 1 scoop of AMS Body Mortar CF before and 1 scoop after with 6 scoops of Xtend during my workouts. I know BM has a 4:1:1 ratio.

Since I've started doing this I noticed quicker recovery (except from leg day, that day is killer no matter what).