100% cold processed whey

Serious supplementation, focused on the MASS line at BodyBuildingSupplements.com
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

seasoned wrote:
DaCookie wrote:
seasoned wrote:I'm kind of shocked some of the minerals are in such high quantity! I guess I have been too busy making sure they had enough of certain ones, and were low in K.

BTW lee labrada has some nice protein, and sells some for men with instructions for women. The difference? They have women take half a serving. They even have a protein made for women, and the difference is the servings are half the size. BTW a half size serving is STILL 20G, on average, so at 6 meals, it is still 120g. That's STILL a pretty good amount.

Women tend to be smaller, and often try to tone more than build up, and they don't build muscle quite as quickly, so they tend to need a lot less. The actual muscle, and what it is made of, is the same though, so they need the same nutrition.

Steve
There isnt really such thing as 'toning' not trying to be a dickhead im just saying.People lifting in the gym for 'toning' there is no such thing.
YOU know what I'm talking about! Those people, almost 100% are WOMEN, that you see using really dinky weights, like 2 pounds for curls or 30 pounds for a leg press, and they do them a lot. Apparently those 2 pound weights are pretty popular.

But the interesting thing is that if a grown person could only lift 2 pounds, they would have a problem lifting a plastic bottle of coke, and forget 2 liters. And a 30 pound leg press? How could they even STAND?

Steve
Good to hear steve, knew you were better than that.And ive heard males use the term before.
seasoned

Post by seasoned »

Dacookie,

WOW, what did you think I meant? BTW as far as size, I meant like a few inches shorter on average, and generally less weight. And I don't see what is wrong about THAT.

And in BOTH cases, I mean TREND! Beefcake, for example doesn't lift those tiny weights. I forget her height at the moment.

And YEAH, there are women that are taller, and CERTAINLY heavier, than I am. I was talking about a TENDENCY.

Steve
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

We're all family folks, remember that.

We may get angry with each other, but at the end of the day you still love your family.

Remember that... :)
seasoned

Post by seasoned »

RobRegish wrote:We're all family folks, remember that.

We may get angry with each other, but at the end of the day you still love your family.

Remember that... :)
What, is someone angry at me?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Of course not.. :)
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

seasoned wrote:Dacookie,

WOW, what did you think I meant? BTW as far as size, I meant like a few inches shorter on average, and generally less weight. And I don't see what is wrong about THAT.

And in BOTH cases, I mean TREND! Beefcake, for example doesn't lift those tiny weights. I forget her height at the moment.

And YEAH, there are women that are taller, and CERTAINLY heavier, than I am. I was talking about a TENDENCY.

Steve
Thought that you thought there was actually such a thing as 'lifting weights for toning'
seasoned

Post by seasoned »

DaCookie wrote:

Steve
Thought that you thought there was actually such a thing as 'lifting weights for toning'
Well, maybe if they lifted more, I could see it as helping with endurance, weight, etc... I thought that was kind of a given. Most people say that.. But 2 pounds, for a curl, probably makes little difference. And 30 pounds for leg presses? Unless you are some little kid, WALKING is BETTER! HECK, the aerobics that they do is FAR harder, etc... than the 30 pound press.

Steve
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

seasoned wrote:
DaCookie wrote:

Steve
Well, maybe if they lifted more, I could see it as helping with endurance, weight, etc... I thought that was kind of a given. Most people say that.. But 2 pounds, for a curl, probably makes little difference. And 30 pounds for leg presses? Unless you are some little kid, WALKING is BETTER! HECK, the aerobics that they do is FAR harder, etc... than the 30 pound press.

Steve
I saw one guy at the gym once doing 5kg on the machine leg press and closing his eyes and breathing really hard, its 11lbs.He was also on it about 30min.
bigpelo

Post by bigpelo »

DaCookie wrote:
seasoned wrote:
DaCookie wrote: Thought that you thought there was actually such a thing as 'lifting weights for toning'

Steve
I saw one guy at the gym once doing 5kg on the machine leg press and closing his eyes and breathing really hard, its 11lbs.He was also on it about 30min.
The leg press rack alone most be 25 kg or so... Does he had cancer or some condition?

I do use the 3 lbs dumbbell sometimes... to lock the adjustable incline bench between the 1st and 2nd notch :wink:
seasoned

Post by seasoned »

DaCookie wrote:
seasoned wrote:
DaCookie wrote: Thought that you thought there was actually such a thing as 'lifting weights for toning'

Steve
OK, OK! In my heyday, when I was doing WELL, I DID try curls with 5 pounds, and was EXHAUSTED! I stopped at 5, NEVER went lower. And with leg presses, I probably went below 100, and was EXHAUSTED. OH, and I asked earlier HOW could you stand if you pressed so little. I mean I weighed about 220 at the time, and a good part was MUSCLE! I had to go into the freeweight room because NONE of the machines had enough weight for me. So HOW could I stand? ****I COULDN'T****! I LITERALLY had to wait a minute or two, got up, was a bit unsteady at first, and limped out the door.

WHY? I did DROP SETS! I RAN THE RACK! so for the curls, I would take a large amount, and run it to exhaustion, take the next lower, and just kept going. I did the same for the leg press. HEY, for a while I did the supersquats! Supersquats can be summed up by a phrase in the book. "Pick a weight you can do 10 reps with, and do 20!"

When I used the example of women and 2/30, I know that is what they START with, and they DON'T do it to exhaustion. I'll never forget one woman that hopped on a leg press before I did and used 30 pounds. I thought ok, WHY is she on the machine? And that was all she did. She certainly didn't limp away.

Steve
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

We used to train for sports with ankle weights... sandbags that weighed maybe 2 pounds. I still have a nice old retro pair.

We'd wear them all day about every third day working towards a track competition or wrestling meet, and just a smidgen right before... talk about coming in strong, light and limber.

Everyone's sport, style and situation is unique, and you can't automatically dismiss the benefits of small weights.

Add 2 little pounds to your bench every week for a year and see what you accomplish.

Not that 2 pound curls are worth a damn for any of us!

:D
seasoned

Post by seasoned »

askmass wrote:We used to train for sports with ankle weights... sandbags that weighed maybe 2 pounds. I still have a nice old retro pair.

We'd wear them all day about every third day working towards a track competition or wrestling meet, and just a smidgen right before... talk about coming in strong, light and limber.

Everyone's sport, style and situation is unique, and you can't automatically dismiss the benefits of small weights.

Add 2 little pounds to your bench every week for a year and see what you accomplish.

Not that 2 pound curls are worth a damn for any of us!

:D
Yeah, maybe I should have been clearer about that. Yeah, I got a 50 pound vest once, to wear while I was walking, etc.... Still I have known some that only have 2 pound weights. Funny, because they are always so afraid of bulking up, etc...

I don't know about you, but I don't mind, or in any way feel any less about, a woman that is noticably strong. It is when they start almost looking like arnold schwartzenegger that I hate it. Of course they then generally start even showing it in the voice, if you know what I mean. MEN have a hard enough time getting there. I doubt women can get there by accident. Just look at the p90x differences! Those women don't ever seem to start looking like arnold.

Steve