BP+GST+IF=Jimmy's CUT

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
beefcake66

Post by beefcake66 »

jimmyk21 wrote:TRAINING

GST

I love GST. My main focus will be on my core lifts. Squat, Sumo DL, Chins and Incline Bench.
My first full run I did GST, worked GREAT. I gained about 30lbs on almost all my core lifts in 6 weeks (first week was Micro 4[for the new PRs], then I did 1-2-3 and I forget if I did 4th [recovery issues])

I think you will be very pleased with your results :)

As for whether or not you should be concerned... as long as you follow the famine period by the book I wouldn't worry. I've never seen any recommendations for an extra day of famine. Just wait and see what Day 5 brings; the only thing I can really assume with my knowledge of the BP is you're probably going to have to do the 3rd Famine workout.
jimmyk21

Post by jimmyk21 »

Thanks for the feedback! Yeah I really enjoy the balance that GST provides. This will be my third macro and I've improved all of my core lifts using this progression.

My first full run I did GST, worked GREAT. I gained about 30lbs on almost all my core lifts in 6 weeks (first week was Micro 4[for the new PRs], then I did 1-2-3 and I forget if I did 4th [recovery issues])

Awesome job! Are you still doing GST?
jimmyk21

Post by jimmyk21 »

I survived my famine and tonight I feast! :)
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Great job Jimmy!!!
jimmyk21

Post by jimmyk21 »

Enjoying my days off but man I cant wait to get back in the gym and get this train rolling..
jimmyk21

Post by jimmyk21 »

After reading 3.0 I've decided I'm going to use GST in my cruise, I think it fits perfect there since the first 3 weeks are only 65, 75 and 85% of my 1RM.

Question for Rob: My feast is only going to be 4 weeks long, I can't afford more supps at the moment. I'm wondering how I should get all 12 workouts in since you recommend one day on and 2 off. Which option do you like best?

A. Your best bet here is to abbreviate the template, retaining the "pinnacle", last 2 workouts. I know that's tough to reverse engineer so... call me at 860-753-0373 between 9AM - 7PM EST Mon - Sat for the help you need!!

A
Just lift 3x a week for the 4 weeks to get them all in. I might do this because I usually recover nicely on ebol so 3x a week shouldnt be terrible.

B
Cut out workouts 7&8 and schedule like this
wk 1: 1-2-3--
wk 2: 4-5-6--
wk3: 9--10---
wk4: 11--12---
I don't want to miss 9-12 and 7/8 are pretty similar to 1/2 so id assume if I'm dropping any those are the ones.

A. Makes sense, try it and let us know!!

C
Do the above schedule with 7/8 in and bump workouts 11/12 to week 5. This would mean no more ebol/technically start of cruise.

D
I'm dumb and you have a better plan.

A. You're not dumb, you're a good thinker!!

Quick questions:

Tri or chest dips? My bars have two settings and the wider ones hit my chest more and the narrow grip is much more tricep.

A. Dips for the win!! Try a set of BOTH, alternating each from workout to workout...

Ok to replace rows with chins?

A. Again, one of each - a vertical and horizontal row, alternated from workout to workout!!

Recall my comments about good thinker? Scratch that... GREAT thinker!!
jimmyk21

Post by jimmyk21 »

Excellent. One week into feast and I feel great. This was my first time with the statics so it took a bit of experimenting but I was about to get at least 120% on rack pull, bench and press statics. EDT blocks were great. Feeling good about this one..