ISOPURE Protein

Serious supplementation, focused on the MASS line at BodyBuildingSupplements.com
sovabrat

ISOPURE Protein

Post by sovabrat »

So I was beginning to get sick of the monotony of drinking chocolate shakes 3-4 times a day. Almost every fruit flavored protein I have ever sampled tasted chemically altered and medicine like. Vanilla as well.

My gym was giving out samples of ISOPURE alpine punch and I did a double take. I did not know it was protein when they handed it to me, I thought that because it was clear it must be an energy drink. It has 25g of protein per scoop, and only 105 calories, 0 carbs.

I am sure that the protein in it is not as pure as they claim but to break up the monotony of a chocolate shake this is amazing. The initial sip has a milky feel to it but the aftertaste is nothing but Kool-aid. I snagged a 3 lb jug online for 36 bucks, which is almost 50% off i think. I found it on amazon.

Anyways, has anyone else tried this or any of the other juice flavors by them? I know there is a blue and green one in the cooler but I dont know what the actual flavor is.

I plan on buying a tub of the strawberry vasolate on wheycheap because people will not stop raving about how good the flavor is with specific mention of how other fruit protein tastes like medicine. I am very excited.

If anything, I hope my post has maybe intrigued someone to try this stuff out.
vangkm007

Post by vangkm007 »

I've tried a few other Isopure flavors. Honestly there are much better tasting/mixing isolates out there for much less $$$. If you plan on buying the powder I don't know how you're going to get the mix and consistency of their pre-bottled drinks because I was never able to.

It mixes ok but there's always some larger particles that refuse to dissolve at the bottom and it tastes nowhere as clean as their pre-bottled ones.

Some of the best tasting isolates I've ever had were from Syntrax, though that brand suffers from a horrible rep. I believe their Syntrax Nectar isolate series was reported to be accurate on the label (from some research I did on other forums about Syntrax).

Another great isolate I've tried recently is 4EverFit Fruit Blast Isolate. I got a great deal on these, about $20 for 2.2 lbs which is cheap compared to other isolates of this quality. They taste great and just about as good as Syntrax and WAY BETTER than Isopure.

Of course this is all subjective (taste), so take it for what it's worth.
xxtotuxx

Post by xxtotuxx »

I've tried the vanilla isopure. To be honest, the taste was horrible and the price, well, doesn't really make up for the taste.

Better products out there
sovabrat

Post by sovabrat »

I think all flavors outside of chocolate for almost every company are horrible. I specifically mean the isopure zero carb juice flavors. Yes the price is very off putting but you can get 3 lb jugs for 36 bucks on amazon, which is a great price if you ask me, considering a lot of people buy the MASS and vasolate brands.
Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

xxtotuxx wrote:I've tried the vanilla isopure. To be honest, the taste was horrible and the price, well, doesn't really make up for the taste.

^^^ felt like I was drinking dish soap

literally threw away four pounds i got for free
xxtotuxx

Post by xxtotuxx »

Big.jazayrli wrote:
xxtotuxx wrote:I've tried the vanilla isopure. To be honest, the taste was horrible and the price, well, doesn't really make up for the taste.

^^^ felt like I was drinking dish soap

literally threw away four pounds i got for free
Yeah I got mine pretty cheap from vitamin world when they had the 60% off discount.

Either had to chug mine down or combine it with some trutein vanilla to mask the taste.

Don't really understand how companies can make such bad tasting products in today's industry even after testing and still put it in the market.
sovabrat

Post by sovabrat »

Hmm, I had a shake this morning and it tasted great to me. I mixed two scoops with about 14oz of water. I had some silt on the bottom of course but I just added some more water at the end.

The consistency is not the same as the bottled version they sell but the flavor was very similar in my opinion.

Thanks for the other brand suggestions, I really had no idea there were other companies that made similar flavors as this was the first time I have discovered it. I will look into those.

For now I am quite happy with the Alpine Punch Isopure.
seasoned

Re: ISOPURE Protein

Post by seasoned »

sovabrat wrote:So I was beginning to get sick of the monotony of drinking chocolate shakes 3-4 times a day. Almost every fruit flavored protein I have ever sampled tasted chemically altered and medicine like. Vanilla as well.

My gym was giving out samples of ISOPURE alpine punch and I did a double take. I did not know it was protein when they handed it to me, I thought that because it was clear it must be an energy drink. It has 25g of protein per scoop, and only 105 calories, 0 carbs.

I am sure that the protein in it is not as pure as they claim but to break up the monotony of a chocolate shake this is amazing. The initial sip has a milky feel to it but the aftertaste is nothing but Kool-aid. I snagged a 3 lb jug online for 36 bucks, which is almost 50% off i think. I found it on amazon.

Anyways, has anyone else tried this or any of the other juice flavors by them? I know there is a blue and green one in the cooler but I dont know what the actual flavor is.

I plan on buying a tub of the strawberry vasolate on wheycheap because people will not stop raving about how good the flavor is with specific mention of how other fruit protein tastes like medicine. I am very excited.

BTW 25G of protein is 100Calories right THERE! The other 5 calories are NOTHING! I can taste a milk like flavor, so I am sure it has a LITTLE lactose. 1G of lactose would be 4Calories.

They make at least 3 types of protein, and they don't make it clear! The bottled stuff is apparently 100% pure protein, outside of flavor and sweetner, etc... THEN, they have the normal stuff, and it includes a lot of vitamins, etc.... THEN, they have the natural stuff that is like the normal stuff, but the other stuff is 1/2 as much, as I recall.

Steve
Linkiroth

Post by Linkiroth »

I was never a big fan of ISOPURE, but I can see the appeal to those of us who do not have a crippling addiction to chocolate. ^_^
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

vangkm007 wrote: Some of the best tasting isolates I've ever had were from Syntrax, though that brand suffers from a horrible rep. I believe their Syntrax Nectar isolate series was reported to be accurate on the label (from some research I did on other forums about Syntrax).
Syntrax Strawberry Whey Shake was hands down the best protein shake I have ever taken...
RobRegish

Re: ISOPURE Protein

Post by RobRegish »

sovabrat wrote:So I was beginning to get sick of the monotony of drinking chocolate shakes 3-4 times a day. Almost every fruit flavored protein I have ever sampled tasted chemically altered and medicine like. Vanilla as well.

First, glad you liked it!!

Next, I've used PLENTY of it.. The issue I have w/this product is threefold...

1.) I have "some" concerns, with respect to the ingredient they use to improve mixibility/making it suspiciously "soluble", (forget the name of it). Read a few articles, raising red flags that gave me pause...

2.) It's a whey isolate, which means it's devoid of any fat. The fat globules inherent in whey concentrate are where the growth, immune factors etc. goodies... are contained!!

3.) Couldn't recall exactly if this was the case, but several of the flavors use artificial sweeteners. Again, not a major concern, but added to issues 1 and 2, it starts to add up and affects the price-point/possible health-related concerns, yes? :)

Please don't get me wrong here, you scored it at a great price and if you like it - USE IT!!

My $0.02... :)
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

"I've tried them all (Designer Whey, Isopure, Sportpharma, VP2) and MASS PRO is by far the best. It assimilates better than all the others and doesn't leave you feeling bloated. I recommend it to every one of my clients."

-Anthony S. DiCostanzo, C.P.T.

Whey Protein Facts: https://bodybuildingsupplements.com/masspro.html

Cheap Protein Supplements and the dirty little secret they don't want told: https://bodybuildingsupplements.com/cheap-protein-supplement.html
sovabrat

Post by sovabrat »

I understand ISOPURE obviously is not the BEST protein, but like I mentioned a couple times, I needed a break from the shakes. When I drink the alpine punch flavor I am not reminded that I am forcing down another protein drink because it is more like juice to me. I still have a chocolate shake in the afternoon with my PBJ sandwich, but in the morning I like to have some fruit which does not go well with a chocolate shake IMO.

Right now I have about 2.5 lbs of 100% whey by Muscle Millk (costco bought). They sell 5 lbs for 30 bucks which is a deal that cant be beat. I honestly think that, combined with milk and ice, the chocolate flavor is very similar to a wendy's frosty. I also have a 2.2 lb bag of EAS 100% whey that was given to me for xmas by my brother in law. I am not a huge fan of this chocolate flavor but I keep it at work and force them down in a few large gulps. there is about 2/3 of a bag left here.

I think I have to buy the Vasolate Strawberry that goes on sale sunday night for 19.99 because so many people on here, and on other forums are raving about how good the flavor is.

AFTER I finish all of that.. including the isopure! I think I have to try Masspro hershey's chocolate.

P.S. did you guys get a license to use the Hershey name? Does it really have hershey in it?
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

Of course it really has Hershey's in it, and lots of it at that.

The generic dutch cocoa's are not the same at all.

We spend a lot of money on flavorings alone.

And really, we don't like to knock other companies and let our quality stand on it's own... but, 5 pounds for 30 bucks is a massive red flag.

You know, that white flag with the big red dot in the center.

https://bodybuildingsupplements.com/cheap-protein-supplement.html

Beverly is about the only other I'll recommend without reservation besides MASS PRO.

An athlete, anyone, is far better off using low/moderate amounts of a genuine quality powder at the right time verses buckets of glossed up junk around the clock.