Creatine Dosing with KA

Serious supplementation, focused on the MASS line at BodyBuildingSupplements.com
sovabrat

Creatine Dosing with KA

Post by sovabrat »

I read in an older thread through a search that Kre-Anabolyn has about 10-15g of creatine in it? Is this accurate? I know normal creatine dosing guidelines are typically around 5g.

I know that many people still use another creatine supplement while using the KA.

Is this too much creatine? I am about to start a 4th famine and I have enough KA for 3 solid weeks of training but was wondering if I should add in creatine again. On my last feast run I was also taking MetRx Di-Creatine Malate I believe, about 5g. I really pushed myself hard during that feast and reaped some great size growth.

Just curious for everybody's opinion.
beefcake66

Post by beefcake66 »

Kre-Anabolyn has Kre-Alkalyn creatine in it, and I believe I read ~3g of Kre-Alkalyn a day is the norm. I'm not sure how much is in each KA cap. It's not the same as Creatine Monohydrate. I hear people take 5-10g/day of that stuff.

doesn't really help or answer your question so...
I don't personally see a problem with taking KA with another creatine source in that amount.
sovabrat

Post by sovabrat »

Well in my past 3 runs of the blueprint I have taken: EBol with cbol creatine because ebol does not contain creatine. I have taken KA with AN, and I have taken KA with another creatine source.

John had mentioned in one thread that Kre-Anabolyn has about 10-15g of creatine in it, or Kre-Alkalyn in it, can't remember which. I did have great results my most recent run with the added creatine in it but I want to make sure im not shocking my liver or anything.
Hank!

Post by Hank! »

Sova

I think beefcake is right, the Kreaklyn in K-an is comparable to 3gms of CMO.
I have run KAN(4 caps) with CMO and suffered no ill effect. Strength and size did increase.

I am in a famine right now and I am considering which route to take, I currently own C.bol(love it). Now deciding between KAN or E.BOL again/ leaning towards the latter because I know i can have it here by Friday.
sovabrat

Post by sovabrat »

Thanks for the info, I hope John can chime in for a definitive answer. I am running a modified BP cycle, more of a mini feast. I ran a 3 week cycle of K-An with AN and had amazing results in the short time period through the use of a very aggressive training load. I basically took myself to the brink of over training and started cruise after week 3. I have enough K-An left to do another 3 week mini feast.

I used Ebol for my first BP run and the results were so incredible, along with cbol creatine and tbol trib. I remember specifically that the stack gave me absolutely ZERO DOMS. Not a single sore muscle at all. I was invincible.

I do get soreness running AN and K-AN but not much. I guess its nice feeling the soreness to at least let you know you trained hard enough.
Hank!

Post by Hank! »

MM interesting feedback, maybe because you're doing such an compressed workout with less rest is the reason for the DOMS?
sovabrat

Post by sovabrat »

Sorry to mislead. The first BP run was by the books to a T. Every workout, every exercise was done using the BP 2.0. The second run was also by the books but using K-an and AN. Both gave me great results but I felt sore in the second run. I think it really comes down to my body's reaction to the two supplements.
Hank!

Post by Hank! »

you using 4hr Body now?
sovabrat

Post by sovabrat »

One of my colleagues who has been lifting for 15 years has been using a program created by Leo Costa called "Big Beyond Belief". The concepts in there are similar to the Blueprint. It was printed back in 1993 and actually has reference in there to the "famine" phase that Rob has perfected. Its a good read, and I like the frequent total body workouts as opposed to splits. Its an 18 week program with 3 "mini-feasts" and 3 "cruises" each lasting 3 weeks.

The only place you can really get it is amazon. I think there are 1 or two retailers who sell it.

Rob's program for famine and feast, including the details are light years more advanced then BBB but at the consistent encouragement of my colleague I told him I would try it for one complete cycle (18 weeks).

I have read 4 hr body. Some of the concepts in there are cool, but most of his claims are all 100% BS. I like what he was trying to do, similar to 4 hr work week, but he really skips on details and tries to extrapolate best case scenarios and over generalize them.
Hank!

Post by Hank! »

Yep the book was an interesting read, there were a lot of gaps and some contradictions, and missing workouts etc etc..

Cool Sova nice to see ya around here again
sovabrat

Post by sovabrat »

Yeah I had a long leave of absence after I got engaged and also work really picked up big time. I was traveling a lot and on top of that my company blocked these forums for some reason. By the time I got home in the evening I would be planning the wedding, or cooking or cleaning or something else of that variation. I had basically no time for the computer. I don't even use my rig at home now.
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

Two Kre-Alkalyn caps is equal to 15 grams of creatine mono powder.

2-3 a day is standard dosing, with some on the elite end using 4.

More than that is a waste by all trials I've seen, and 4 is pushing the limit for most folks unless you train like a beast.

For Kre-Anabolyn, I've found it useful to add 1 Kre-Alkalyn cap on top a few days before an event. But, I'm also a KA low doser for the biking year this season to keep proving the point that excessive dosages are not needed with KA to see great benefits.

Best to you all.
sovabrat

Post by sovabrat »

Awesome, thanks John. That clears things up for me. I will add creatine to my feast!