Factor or bioforge

Serious supplementation, focused on the MASS line at BodyBuildingSupplements.com
Justin

Post by Justin »

I was reading up and I read that you can find High amounts of AA(main ingrediant in X-factor) in eggs especially duck eggs, along with liver.

Would it be a good idea to aqdd these foods while taking Xfactor, or even maybe use these foods instead of Xfactor.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Justin wrote:I was reading up and I read that you can find High amounts of AA(main ingrediant in X-factor) in eggs especially duck eggs, along with liver.

Would it be a good idea to aqdd these foods while taking Xfactor, or even maybe use these foods instead of Xfactor.
Interesting question(s). The answer is predicated upon the answer then, to the following questions:

1.) If looking to derive AA from these foods vs. the supp, are you able to obtain the same mg amounts of AA from these whole foods?

Related: If so, is it more costly/cost prohibitive?

2.) Is more AA from these dietary sources, above the mg threshold found in XFA?

Here's my guesstimate, given I haven't looked into it...

I'm predicating these answers based upon my experience with creatine. Richest source there found in nature is herring, believe it or not. I attempted to replace creatine with LOTS of herring/venison and other red meats. It was marginally effective, and a lot of chewing and $.... :)

1.) Likely not, given most micronutrients (like creatine), are found in minute amounts in whole foods. Who knows though. The ones you listed could be exceptional.

If they are chock full of them, eggs and liver are pricey vs. most supermarket foodstuff (proteins/meats usually are). Also, will you be able to consistently eat these same foods, day in and day out? Some can, many can't in my experience...

2.) Likely there is a ceiling of how much AA can be incorporated into the cell membrane. I suspect timing of dosage (in and around the workout), is far more important.

I'll ask a good friend, who's a MN rep for you, and report back!
Justin

Post by Justin »

Hey Rob this is what I found, considering that AA does get destroyed when cooking with dry heat, I would hardboil my eggs.
So I'm assuming the content of Arachidonic Acid of eggs: (sources below)
at the high estimate:
195mg per yolk

low estimate:
65mg per yolk

duck eggs:
445mg per yolk

Quantity of Arachidonic Acid 4 pills daily X-factor:
250mg x 4 = 1000mg Total
How many Chicken Egg yolks needed to match this?

High Estimate:
1000 / 195* 2 = 5.12 yolks

Low Estmate:
1000 / 65 * 2 = 15.38 yolks

How Many Duck Egg yolks? (Sourced from one of the links above)
1000 / 445mg = 2.24 yolks
Cost wise:

X-Factor:
100 Softgels for $45 (nutraplanet.com)
100 * 250mg = 25g total per bottle
25g / $45 = 0.55g/$

Chicken Egg Yolk:
High Estimate:
Tesco.co.uk Big and Fresh box of 10 eggs = £1.98 = $4.12
195mg per yolk * 10 = 1950mg per box
1.95g / $4.12 = 0.47g/$

Low Estimate:
65mg per yolk * 10 = 650mg per box
0.65g / $4.12 = 0.16g/$

Cheap Eggs: (High est)
Tesco Value Eggs Minimum Weight Box Of 15 = £1.28 = $2.66
195mg per yolk * 15 = 2925mg per box
2.92g / $2.66 = 1.09g/$

Duck Egg Yolk:
891 mg per yolk
Tesco Finest duck Eggs = £2.28 for 6 = $4.75
445mg * 6 = 2670mg per box
2.67g / $4.75 = 0.56g/$
From this (assuming my calculations are right) both Duck eggs and chicken eggs can be comparable in cost to x-factor as a source of AA. Of course there is a downside to eggs, you get more fat/cholesterol, but then also you get more protein.

So I regularily consume 5-6 eggs per day just for natural bulk, does that mean i'm on an equivalent X-factor cycle? Or is there another ingredient in X-factor which makes it more potent? Maybe i might even switch to duck eggs and see if there is any difference.

Regardless i'll still be trying an x-factor cycle soon. Feel free to comment/flame etc..

These estimates are per 100g (Including egg white, although AA is only found in the yolk). I'm estimating 100g is about 2 eggs.
Sources Arachidonic Acid per 100g/egg.

390mg - jn.nutrition.org/cgi/content/abstract/125/10/2528
375 mg - food-allergens.de/symposium-vol1(2)/data/birds/birds-composition.htm
163.1 mg - ps.fass.org/cgi/reprint/84/1/167.pdf
130mg - cbc.ca/marketplace/webextras/bed_eggs/egg_stats.html?bed_eggs]CBC.ca - Marketplace
interesting stuff, would it be worth adding duck eggs, while taking AA, I was reading that a popular method of taking it now is 4 caps on ON days and none on OFF days if that is so I can focus my meals around EGGS on my off days!
KimJong-il

Post by KimJong-il »

RobRegish wrote:
Wow, this is quite interesting feedback KJI. Let me see if I understand... the gains were great/one of the best natural supps you ever used yet, the side (joint pains) were THAT bad?
Yes..AA one of the best for recomp, I wouldn't say gains since I didnt necessarily train for it. Ill note, I also suffered using Hemodraulix. Elbows, Shoulders, knees aching and I hated it.

I think your point of running Ecdy with Xfactor would be an interesting one, but I wonder if the anti inflammatory in ecdy would make AA less effective. One reason you dont want to take too much fish oil with AA for example, or Cissus.

Ill point out my joints do feel better than normal when Im running a good ecdy product. Not that Im injured all the time, but I feel that Im holding together better especially when running, or lifting heavy.

Crazy dream you had, lol Im going have to try your GABA dosing protocol some day.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Justin wrote:Hey Rob this is what I found, considering that AA does get destroyed when cooking with dry heat, I would hardboil my eggs.
So I'm assuming the content of Arachidonic Acid of eggs: (sources below)
at the high estimate:
195mg per yolk

low estimate:
65mg per yolk

duck eggs:
445mg per yolk

Quantity of Arachidonic Acid 4 pills daily X-factor:
250mg x 4 = 1000mg Total
How many Chicken Egg yolks needed to match this?

High Estimate:
1000 / 195* 2 = 5.12 yolks

Low Estmate:
1000 / 65 * 2 = 15.38 yolks

How Many Duck Egg yolks? (Sourced from one of the links above)
1000 / 445mg = 2.24 yolks
Cost wise:

X-Factor:
100 Softgels for $45 (nutraplanet.com)
100 * 250mg = 25g total per bottle
25g / $45 = 0.55g/$

Chicken Egg Yolk:
High Estimate:
195mg per yolk * 10 = 1950mg per box
1.95g / $4.12 = 0.47g/$

Low Estimate:
65mg per yolk * 10 = 650mg per box
0.65g / $4.12 = 0.16g/$

Cheap Eggs: (High est)
Tesco Value Eggs Minimum Weight Box Of 15 = £1.28 = $2.66
195mg per yolk * 15 = 2925mg per box
2.92g / $2.66 = 1.09g/$

Duck Egg Yolk:
891 mg per yolk
Tesco Finest duck Eggs = £2.28 for 6 = $4.75
445mg * 6 = 2670mg per box
2.67g / $4.75 = 0.56g/$
From this (assuming my calculations are right) both Duck eggs and chicken eggs can be comparable in cost to x-factor as a source of AA. Of course there is a downside to eggs, you get more fat/cholesterol, but then also you get more protein.

So I regularily consume 5-6 eggs per day just for natural bulk, does that mean i'm on an equivalent X-factor cycle? Or is there another ingredient in X-factor which makes it more potent? Maybe i might even switch to duck eggs and see if there is any difference.

Regardless i'll still be trying an x-factor cycle soon. Feel free to comment/flame etc..

These estimates are per 100g (Including egg white, although AA is only found in the yolk). I'm estimating 100g is about 2 eggs.
Sources Arachidonic Acid per 100g/egg.

390mg - jn.nutrition.org/cgi/content/abstract/125/10/2528
375 mg - food-allergens.de/symposium-vol1(2)/data/birds/birds-composition.htm
163.1 mg - ps.fass.org/cgi/reprint/84/1/167.pdf
130mg - cbc.ca/marketplace/webextras/bed_eggs/egg_stats.html?bed_eggs]CBC.ca - Marketplace
interesting stuff, would it be worth adding duck eggs, while taking AA, I was reading that a popular method of taking it now is 4 caps on ON days and none on OFF days if that is so I can focus my meals around EGGS on my off days!
Exactly what my friend said! Here it is, verbatim from SwolenOne - Great guy and MN board rep -

"You are spot on (EDIT: Referring to my answer here), trying to get the full 1g of ArA from food is impractical in addition to the many eggs one would have to eat is the fact that when cooked you will lose ArA if I recall correctly. I know the Q has came up many times and it always comes down to being a good idea to add eggs and red meat alongside XFA supplementation but not in place of it..."

Hope that helps!