Weight not budging

Learn, share, DISCOVER. Training Table Tips & Diet Discussion
crhutto

Weight not budging

Post by crhutto »

Tomorrow is my last day of famine....I'm completely exhausted and wore out....I've eaten no more than 1500 calories a day and the scale is not budging....I can tell I've lost weight by looking at myself in the mirror, but am wondering why my weight isn't moving....has anyone experienced this and what should I do?
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

have you been watching the amount of protein you are eating? Are you weighing yourself at the same times, and under the same conditions(ie, early in the morning before eating and drinking anything and with only boxers/underwear on)?

Might be body is holding onto water more than normal? I would be interested to hear Rob's take...
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

matter2003 wrote:have you been watching the amount of protein you are eating? Are you weighing yourself at the same times, and under the same conditions(ie, early in the morning before eating and drinking anything and with only boxers/underwear on)?

Might be body is holding onto water more than normal? I would be interested to hear Rob's take...
Fair points Matter, all of them. Bear in mind weight loss is but ONE diagnostic we use. Your resting heart rate, overall feeling of being "stressed", cursing my name etc. are others... :)
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

matter2003 wrote:have you been watching the amount of protein you are eating? Are you weighing yourself at the same times, and under the same conditions(ie, early in the morning before eating and drinking anything and with only boxers/underwear on)?

Fair points Matter, all of them. Bear in mind weight loss is but ONE diagnostic we use. Your resting heart rate, overall feeling of being "stressed", cursing my name etc. are others... :)
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

crhutto

Post by crhutto »

Yes, I've been following the famine example diet minus the carrots and spinach and added a fruit cup ( grapes, pineapple, strawberries) and a small yogurt) ....some days I've only taken in 800 calories. Weighed myself after my first two workouts with same amount of clothing on.
crhutto

Post by crhutto »

And last night def wore me out.....by the time I was done I was benching only 65 lbs and shoulder pressing 10's.....was asleep by 9:30
BrainSquirt

Post by BrainSquirt »

crhutto,
Last day and if you don't feel like you're 'there' yet, go out and sweat yourself into a very minor dehydration... that'll most likely complete your depletions for the famine and 'punch your ticket'...
hth
crhutto

Post by crhutto »

As we speak I am feeling "out" on my feet....it hit me all of a sudden and I feel like a wet noodle.... My job requires me to stand all day and I'm leaning on my counter.....S-T-R-U-G-A-L-I-N-G!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

crhutto wrote:As we speak I am feeling "out" on my feet....it hit me all of a sudden and I feel like a wet noodle.... My job requires me to stand all day and I'm leaning on my counter.....S-T-R-U-G-A-L-I-N-G!
Sounds like you're there man.

ONE NOTE: 800 calories/day if FAR too little! Despite the name, this isn't about starving oneself. Far from it.

Depending upon where you are (assuming you've completed 2 of the 3 workouts), guidance is as follows...

- You get a pass on workout #3
- Simply continue the diet portion, to run out Famine

Great work! As you've noted, when it hits - it hits hard :)
crhutto

Post by crhutto »

I'm doing my second feast workout tonight and I have still not seen any weight loss on the scale....after famine I have noticed visual loss, but the scale isn't budging....I'm weighing on the same scale about the same time....I also know that I still should be seeing some weight loss this week....just wondering if I should start over or am I expecting something unrealistic???? Any help???
BrainSquirt

Post by BrainSquirt »

2nd Feast workout - weight loss?

Is BFI an issue for you?
crhutto

Post by crhutto »

Well I guess actual weight would be going down at this point, sorry for the stupid question, I guess I just expected my body fat to go down especially in the mid-sectionand it seems like it stalled out during famine and hadn't changed since
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

crhutto wrote:Well I guess actual weight would be going down at this point, sorry for the stupid question, I guess I just expected my body fat to go down especially in the mid-sectionand it seems like it stalled out during famine and hadn't changed since
You likely won't see this until weeks 3 or 4. Weeks 5 and 6 are when it REALLY accelerated, due to the specified graduated caloric decrements. If you'll read the Training and Dietary template again (I'm sure you're salivating), you'll note weeks 1 and 2 are devoted not to fat loss, but generating the LBM acquisition needed to feed fat loss, during the latter stages of feast (more muscle burns fats at rest 24/7, than a dedicated cardio session!).

There's a reason for every season, as you'll soon see... :) I'll be following this one closely, and take whatever steps I need to in order for this to be a success... :)