warrior diet - in Recomp BP 3.0 macros ok?

Learn, share, DISCOVER. Training Table Tips & Diet Discussion
sergio BD

warrior diet - in Recomp BP 3.0 macros ok?

Post by sergio BD »

Hi guys,

when running the Warrior diet during feast of a recomp, how are your macros like?

I am having 2 meals after work when getting home, aprox 50gr protein and 50 to 75gr carbs in each meal and some fats from eggs, peanut butter and fish oil.

My total on off days would then be something like 100gr Pro, 100-150gr Carbs and 20gr Fat (plus during the day 30-40grs of BCAA + EAA in 3-4 servings)

Is that ok or is too low for feast?

Thanks
Sergio
bigpelo

Post by bigpelo »

Warrior diet is about listening to your instinct. Eat healthy until you are more thirsty than hungry for your main meal and enjoy your foods.

Forget about macros.
sergio BD

Post by sergio BD »

bigpelo wrote:Warrior diet is about listening to your instinct. Eat healthy until you are more thirsty than hungry for your main meal and enjoy your foods.

Forget about macros.
Thanks Bigpelo, I ve been checking your journal BP 3.0 + warrior diet. How that low carb/ high fat and high carb/low fat strategy worked for you?
bigpelo

Post by bigpelo »

sergio BD wrote:
Thanks Bigpelo, I ve been checking your journal BP 3.0 + warrior diet. How that low carb/ high fat and high carb/low fat strategy worked for you?
It worked well but it's often hard to do the high fat days. Carbs are really satisfying/fulfilling for me and avoiding them leave me hungry 2-3 hours after the main meal... And body fat is going down anyway without cycling high carbs and high fat days, just not as fast.

If you want to do so, remember to have a high carbs meal after weight lifting and high fat meal after HIIT or LISS cardio.

Favourite high fat meal:

appetizer: green leafy salad with green pepper, tomatoes, green onion and olive oil dressing
main meal: cod filet cooked in butter with sliced almonds (start with the butter and the almonds and put the fish on top of that in a frying pan, cover up, low to med heat)
side veges: steamed broccoli, cauliflower and Brussels sprout with Montréal steak spices mix and again olive oil
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Great advice, from the Canadian Colossus... :)

One thing to keep in mind: 3.0's training template gobbles up glycogen (carbs) at an incredible rate. Make sure you have more carbs vs. proteins in your diet.

If you're carb sensitive, make sure to arrange such that the majority come DURING and IMMEDIATELY AFTER (up to 2 hours after, actually).

REASON: The enzyme glycogen synthase (stores carbs as glycogen), is dancing during this time. Do everything possible then, to take advantage!

Warrior Diet/IF is a FANTASTIC way, to potentiate traditional bodybuilding style over-feeding (and vice versa)!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Great advice, from the Canadian Colossus... :)

One thing to keep in mind: 3.0's training template gobbles up glycogen (carbs) at an incredible rate. Make sure you have more carbs vs. proteins in your diet.

If you're carb sensitive, make sure to arrange such that the majority come DURING and IMMEDIATELY AFTER (up to 2 hours after, actually).

REASON: The enzyme glycogen synthase (stores carbs as glycogen), is dancing during this time. Do everything possible then, to take advantage!

Warrior Diet/IF is a FANTASTIC way, to potentiate traditional bodybuilding style over-feeding (and vice versa)!
sergio BD

Post by sergio BD »

thans Rob and Bigpelo

I got the point, actually during training days carbs are consumed before, during, after and all day long :lol:

I´ve noticed that after training I´m like sponge for food

its only on off days that i do warrior diet. I really need those carbs to keep performance and moving the weights up

btw that´s a nice recipe, I will need to get some cod for the weekend :D
pcallaghan

Post by pcallaghan »

Other sources that are excellent places for fat, especially good fat would include coconuts. Coconut oil is some great stuff and is a big source of fat for me.

If you want more high fat meals look around for Primal or Paleo blogs such as https://www.primal-palate.com/

My buddy and his gf run that site and have great suggetions for meals.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

sergio BD wrote:thans Rob and Bigpelo

I got the point, actually during training days carbs are consumed before, during, after and all day long :lol:

its only on off days that i do warrior diet. I really need those carbs to keep performance and moving the weights up

Great observations/feedback from others here!

"I´ve noticed that after training I´m like sponge for food

its only on off days that i do warrior diet. I really need those carbs to keep performance and moving the weights up..."

You're finding your way, and this is a GREAT thing. It would be WONDERFUL, if I could write a diet Rx like. "Everyone - eat this..." and it universally applied. Such is not the truth, so I will not do so. That frustrates some people, but the truth is the truth.

As soon as newbie gains are exhausted, a certain instinct needs to take over. This instinct is refined over decades, and is unique to each trainee. This goes for every road you go down, be it training/dietary/supplement etc.. I've done my absolute best to whittle away all the nonsense/theories that have a higher failure rate in the general population. In it's place, I tried to leave all the good stuff... that would be The BP :)
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

sergio BD wrote:thans Rob and Bigpelo

Great observations/feedback from others here!

"I´ve noticed that after training I´m like sponge for food

its only on off days that i do warrior diet. I really need those carbs to keep performance and moving the weights up..."

You're finding your way, and this is a GREAT thing. It would be WONDERFUL, if I could write a diet Rx like. "Everyone - eat this..." and it universally applied. Such is not the truth, so I will not do so. That frustrates some people, but the truth is the truth.

As soon as newbie gains are exhausted, a certain instinct needs to take over. This instinct is refined over decades, and is unique to each trainee. This goes for every road you go down, be it training/dietary/supplement etc.. I've done my absolute best to whittle away all the nonsense/theories that have a higher failure rate in the general population. In it's place, I tried to leave all the good stuff... that would be The BP :)