The most non-cheat cheat meal you can think of?

Learn, share, DISCOVER. Training Table Tips & Diet Discussion
DaCookie

The most non-cheat cheat meal you can think of?

Post by DaCookie »

Was wondering what I could eat if I was really feeling like cheating but wanted to not compromise my diet too much.What do you think would be the best option?

I was thinking maybe like some generic protein bar?Its a cheat food IMO but just barely.Especially if it is a fairly low sugar one.

And Rob whats your opinion on sugar alcohols?All these protein bar companys try to make out like they are digested differently then sugars so arent as bad.
nigh70wl

Post by nigh70wl »

lots of caffeine is good if you want to eat shitty and not digest all of it. it causes your stomach to empty quicker having absorbed less nutrients.
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

True, good ol 1, 3 dimeth, caffeine, bitta epedrine alkaloids and boom :D
Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

if you're gonna cheat then just cheat...

high carb/low fat days are actually good for your leptin levels which regulate your hunger as well as your metabolism.
Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Sugar alcohols aren't evil, they can be fun too - given if you consume enough of them they lead to explosive bathroom events... :)

The real issue here is product labeling. Back in the day of low-carb mania, the protein bar companies weren't including it as a "carb" on the label. The FDA got all bent and brought the hammer down.

Fortunately, this caused the industry to look for "better" carbs that didn't insult insulin levels ala maltodextrin. They were a BIG money maker for bars like "Pure Protein" bars, the #1 seller at one time as they extended shelf life, and added moisture/texture and improved mouth feel.

Less of an issue now, but I wouldn't sweat it here and there. The real issue in these bars is gelatanized protein. Your body can't absorb it, despite the whopping "40+g of protein!" claim on the labels.
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

RobRegish wrote:Sugar alcohols aren't evil, they can be fun too - given if you consume enough of them they lead to explosive bathroom events... :)

The real issue here is product labeling. Back in the day of low-carb mania, the protein bar companies weren't including it as a "carb" on the label. The FDA got all bent and brought the hammer down.

Fortunately, this caused the industry to look for "better" carbs that didn't insult insulin levels ala maltodextrin. They were a BIG money maker for bars like "Pure Protein" bars, the #1 seller at one time as they extended shelf life, and added moisture/texture and improved mouth feel.

Less of an issue now, but I wouldn't sweat it here and there. The real issue in these bars is gelatanized protein. Your body can't absorb it, despite the whopping "40+g of protein!" claim on the labels.
Are we talking about all that protein going to waste or a large percent of it?
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

Big.jazayrli wrote:if you're gonna cheat then just cheat...

high carb/low fat days are actually good for your leptin levels which regulate your hunger as well as your metabolism.
Ya I know what your saying big j
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

Big.jazayrli wrote:if you're gonna cheat then just cheat...

Exactly...research continues to show that cheating once a week and eating all sorts of junk food/high sugar crap actually INCREASES weight loss because it can reset leptin levels within 12 hours...
bigpelo

Post by bigpelo »

So, that mean I have reset my leptin level on Saturday 8)