Learn, share, DISCOVER. Training Table Tips & Diet Discussion
Hank!

Post by Hank! »

Hank the Tank..

Love it

thanks Cookie
TURBOFLEX

Post by TURBOFLEX »

Wow..I basically live off the microwave when my wifes at school.. I thought warming up left overs in it was a way bettr option than fast food, so I bring one to work with me and use it all the time..I always make large quanitys of food and nuke it at home and at work :(..BRB smashing my microwave :x
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Check in with -MSR9889-

He's the Egg Officiando around here. One read through his logs is worth it for the egg intake alone!!
blanchdawg

Post by blanchdawg »

I've been eating 6 whole eggs every morning with oatmeal while in the feast. I'm up to 220 from 204 since November 1st.

Wow. You and MSR9889 would be great training partners. Half a dozen for him is just getting started at breakfast!!
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

DaCookie wrote:I remember seeing a study basically about a bodybuilder who ate 12 eggs a day and his cholesterol levels didnt go up.
Eggs have are high in cholesterol, but they also are high in lecithin which binds to cholesterol and flushes it out of the system, which would likely result in a net gain near zero, or very small increases in cholesterol...
Massy

Post by Massy »

Hi. I know egg is good for health and it is good to eat an egg regularly but i want to ask a question. i know that eggs have lot of protein which is useful for bodybuilding. i want to be a bodybuilder and want to make my muscles strong. Kindly tell me how much eggs i should eat in a day for gaining weight. Reply must.
Tyron

Post by Tyron »

Well eggs are the best item that are used in breakfasts usually and i also use eggs in breakfast and i like eggs as a best source of protein.
westcoaster

Post by westcoaster »

OP: is your concern about eating eggs due to the fact that yolks are high in cholesterol?

If so then I suggest you (and everyone for that matter) do some research on cholesterol and its correlation to cardio-vascular disease (CVD).
Everyone is in a panic these days to reduce cholesterol, because main-stream media and uneducated doctors tell them that cholesterol is bad.

The truth is (yes I can post many studies on this, but you should do the research yourself) there is NO CORRELATION between high cholesterol and CVD. As a matter of fact, there are several studies that show a correlation between LOW cholesterol and an increased risk of CVD. So there is obviously a disconnect between the general MD theory that high cholesterol = high risk or heart attack. The studies show the opposite.

The other huge factor to understand is that upwards of 85% of your total cholesterol is produced by your body. Dietary cholesterol is statistically insignificant in terms of its impact on your total cholesterol.

So in a nutshell:
1. Eating eggs is not going to impact your total cholesterol in any meaningful way
2. High cholesterol does not mean an increased risk for CVD.

High triglycerides and system inflammation, on the other hand, seem to be the major culprit for CVD.
Bad news for all you bodybuilders that love your high carb diets.
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

westcoaster wrote:OP: is your concern about eating eggs due to the fact that yolks are high in cholesterol?

If so then I suggest you (and everyone for that matter) do some research on cholesterol and its correlation to cardio-vascular disease (CVD).
Everyone is in a panic these days to reduce cholesterol, because main-stream media and uneducated doctors tell them that cholesterol is bad.

The truth is (yes I can post many studies on this, but you should do the research yourself) there is NO CORRELATION between high cholesterol and CVD. As a matter of fact, there are several studies that show a correlation between LOW cholesterol and an increased risk of CVD. So there is obviously a disconnect between the general MD theory that high cholesterol = high risk or heart attack. The studies show the opposite.

The other huge factor to understand is that upwards of 85% of your total cholesterol is produced by your body. Dietary cholesterol is statistically insignificant in terms of its impact on your total cholesterol.

So in a nutshell:
1. Eating eggs is not going to impact your total cholesterol in any meaningful way

High triglycerides and system inflammation, on the other hand, seem to be the major culprit for CVD.
I completely agree with this, and very likely this is another ploy by the FDA and AMA to scare everyone into taking expensive side effect laden drugs to correct a condition that in many cases doesn't need correcting. It has been shown if there is not enough cholesterol in your body, the liver will actually produce it to compensate and if cholesterol gets too low, it will actually over-produce it to compensate which is where things can get really bad...
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

matter2003 wrote:
westcoaster wrote:OP: is your concern about eating eggs due to the fact that yolks are high in cholesterol?

So in a nutshell:

I completely agree with this, and very likely this is another ploy by the FDA and AMA to scare everyone into taking expensive side effect laden drugs to correct a condition that in many cases doesn't need correcting. It has been shown if there is not enough cholesterol in your body, the liver will actually produce it to compensate and if cholesterol gets too low, it will actually over-produce it to compensate which is where things can get really bad...
STEP 1: "They", ignore it...

STEP 2: "They" say it's dangerous

STEP 3: Hire the gov't puppet (RAND Commission) to validate "It's Dangerous"

STEP 4: Get the media on board, to scare the hell out of the public. Bring it before the clowns in the House of Representatives/Congress, who will "save the children" from the Devil's blood, seeping from the vine...

STEP 5: Ban it

TIP: Whenever you observe Step #2, "It's dangerous" being spouted off, here's your rough translation...

"This is good, possibly GREAT stuff and works really, REALLY well. Stock up on as much as you can..."
Troy

Eggs

Post by Troy »

Hi dear,

Eggs are good source of the energy and fat. We must include it in our daily foods especially in breakfast.
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

askmass wrote:I was more suggesting over easy or sunny side up, but the major area of interest in the raw discussion (for virtually all foods) is how heat destroys ENZYMES. You can have the highest grade food source in the world, but if the co-existing (in natures perfect format) enzymes have been limited/eliminated via heat then you have a limited/incomplete food no matter it's protein or vitamin score.

It's the reason I always have Alkaplex with me when traveling, for those times when I'm "forced" into consuming compromised/overcooked foods - to replace the active enzymes via supplementation. 3 caps ten minutes before my buds twist my arm and make me eat half a fried chicken and southern cooked veggies, lol!

Some foods do improve in certain aspects when cooked, however. Tomatoes and spinach, while healthy as can be raw, do see the release of certain "locked" nutrients when cooked. These are major exceptions, though. Generally, the more raw and organic, the more fresh, the better and more healthy.

But, back to eggs. I often eat the better part of two dozen a week in various forms. Soft boiled, sunny side up, over easy, scrambled w/ raw veggies and raw cheese tossed in at the last second (perhaps the best of all worlds w/ supps & fresh juicing on top)... once in a blue moon, old school quick fried the way mom did them (see fried chicken/alkaplex above) even, and yes- absolutely raw.

I will note that I am secure in knowing the source of my eggs are from a 100% organic, free range operation. They are as clean and good as God intended. I personally would not consume store brand "conventional" eggs raw. I don't even want them cooked, if I can avoid it.

My 2 cents for today.
I have also started taking Digestive Enzymes along with Alkaplex as incomplete digestion has been linked to a potential cause of psoriasis as well...