POTATO JUICE!!... your thoughts...

Learn, share, DISCOVER. Training Table Tips & Diet Discussion
Dragon

POTATO JUICE!!... your thoughts...

Post by Dragon »

... thinking this might be a good source of not only carbs, but raw enzymes, selenium (a superstar anti-cancer), and other trace minerals. I knw this stuff also boost the effect of GABA. Your thoughts on its use within the blueprint shell.
RobRegish

Re: POTATO JUICE!!... your thoughts...

Post by RobRegish »

Dragon wrote:... thinking this might be a good source of not only carbs, but raw enzymes, selenium (a superstar anti-cancer), and other trace minerals. I knw this stuff also boost the effect of GABA. Your thoughts on its use within the blueprint shell.
I don't know about the juice, but potato's are a fantastic source of carbs, cheap as dirt and the sweet potato variety is a favorite.

Clue me in on the juice. I can't wait for this... :)
biscuits

Post by biscuits »

i have never heard of potato juice lol

but my favorite is okinawin sweet potatos (the purple one)
Dragon

Taste gross

Post by Dragon »

biscuits wrote:i have never heard of potato juice lol

but my favorite is okinawin sweet potatos (the purple one)
Well let me tell you... it taste terrible!! So I gotta mix it with some other juice. Plus it settles so it must be consumed immediately.

During the famine phase I really got into juicing and bought a jack lalane juicer (God rest his soul) and basically started juicing everything out of curiosity.

But I went online and I've been seeing lots about potato juice's benefits with stomach ailments, relaxation, etc. It's apparently a good source of alpha lipoic acid, especially when taken raw. And it also topped the American Journal of Dietetics list of the most affordable organic foods in terms of cost to benefit ratio. They also sited it as the highest source of potassium. Which is important for us because K+ is important in maintaining Na+-K+-ATPase activity.