Gluten

Learn, share, DISCOVER. Training Table Tips & Diet Discussion
jcs52

Gluten

Post by jcs52 »

I have recently started reading a little about Gluten and moreover, gluten-free diets. I have never considered this or really knew anything about gluten. What are your guys thoughts on gluten and potentially eating less gluten or even gluten free?
Hank!

Post by Hank! »

I like products that contain gluten so I wouldn't eliminate it unless I tested as being gluten-intolerant or suffering from celiac disease.
scump

Post by scump »

a gluten free diet is horrible, i have a few celiac friends... let me tell you.

gluten means pretty much everything containing wheat.

they have to read the ingedients on every product, can only go out to ~2 resturants, even if something is listed as "gluten free" it does not actually mean that it doesn't contain gluten... just that the manufacture doesn't believe it contains a significant amount...

not a path i would willingly go down...
jcs52

Post by jcs52 »

Interesting replies, and I am in agreement with total gluten-free. However, would it be helpful to eliminate some gluten? Is it gluten as bad as some of the press it has gotten recently?
Hank!

Post by Hank! »

Try it for a few weeks and see how you respond, I have a friend who is a dietitian and she no longer consumes gluten she says she feels better more energy etc.
Caleb1000

Gluten Free

Post by Caleb1000 »

I went gluten free two years ago and have never looked back. No more GERD, no more lethargy after meals and most importantly my blood sugars normalized which is important for anyone who wants to avert CV disease, alzheimers, chronic inflammation, leaky gut...Also dropped about 10% points in body fat.
biscuits

Post by biscuits »

In my opinion cutting out as much gluten as possible would be a good idea.
If I'm not mistaken gluten is actually a by-product of msg (mono sodium glutamate) which is the culprit of many many health problems.

I never really liked wheat as a carb source anyway, always preferred brown rice, oats, and sweet potatos (with the added benefit of lower GI = leaner + healthier). But the occasional bread or pasta isn't going to kill you
pcallaghan

Post by pcallaghan »

Look up Paleo. I've been Paleo for almost a year now and its NOT difficult at all. If you want to check out a book that makes it easy, go look up a book called "Make It Paleo" by Bill Staley and Hayley Mason. You don't need to miss out on anything, including desserts. It doesn't take long to cook, and in my opinion is much healthier.

Try it for 30 days and see how you feel, but make it 30 days at 100% free.
mikewootini

Post by mikewootini »

I've been gluten free for years. It's not that hard.

Try these sites for a no-nonsense run down:

https://marksdailyapple.com
https://robbwolf.com

and the best way to get started - but definitely not for beginners -

https://whole9life.com/category/whole-30/