Coffee

Learn, share, DISCOVER. Training Table Tips & Diet Discussion
Linkiroth

Post by Linkiroth »

Good stuff, I've been reading (and hearing) a lot of hate on coffee (and caffeine) lately and wanted to see how people would contribute to the discussion.

EDIT: If you think that people who are bigger, stronger, and more experienced than you are among those you should listen to (given the science above as well) then how about Bill Starr?
https://startingstrength.com/articles/co ... _starr.pdf

"we were fine because we bundled up and sipped from a thermos of hot coffee the entire time."

If it's good enough for Bill Starr, it's good enough for me!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Another solid, contribution, Linkiroth... :)

Thank you, sooo much!!!
BrainSquirt

Post by BrainSquirt »

I Love coffee!
… But I usually only drink ½ cup, cold brewed, once a week with my wife on Sunday mornings.
Why?
https://www.naturalnews.com/012352.html
etc.

fyi, coffee’s/ caffeine’s effects are highly individualized… some are ‘stressed’ hardly at all by it. Others, often the ones who love it most, get nailed in the adrenals long term.
When the adrenals go into depletion, the body 'cannibalizes' connective tissue first…
That’s why I go easy with the stuff… especially past mid afternoon…health first…
Linkiroth

Post by Linkiroth »

BrainSquirt wrote:I Love coffee!
… But I usually only drink ½ cup, cold brewed, once a week with my wife on Sunday mornings.
Why?
https://www.naturalnews.com/012352.html
etc.

fyi, coffee’s/ caffeine’s effects are highly individualized… some are ‘stressed’ hardly at all by it. Others, often the ones who love it most, get nailed in the adrenals long term.
When the adrenals go into depletion, the body 'cannibalizes' connective tissue first…
That’s why I go easy with the stuff… especially past mid afternoon…health first…
Very interesting... I'll have to look into the source material from that article.
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

I prefer Oolong Tea(loose leaf NOT tea bag)...it has been shown to burn more fat than both coffee and Green Tea by an undetermined mechanism, as well as be extremely healthy for you.

In fact, researchers had a group of people who drank Oolong tea 3 times a day and after 30 days they retook their measurements and found that all participants had reduced the internal age of their organs by 2 to 9 YEARS!!!

https://www.amazing-green-tea.com/oolong ... -loss.html
beefcake66

Post by beefcake66 »

matter2003, do you know much about Yerba Mate? I have some Mate based tea's and they're supposed to be pretty good for fat burning too (which reminds me I should drink more tea, I have a great collection at home)
Aubrey

Post by Aubrey »

Hi Linkiroth,
There are some health benefits of coffee also like.
It is great antioxidant,
It helps in losing weight,
It prevents from type II diabetes,
It is used to treat cancer,
It reduce muscle pain,
It decrease depression,
It is used to treat asthma.
nigh70wl

Post by nigh70wl »

beefcake66 wrote:matter2003, do you know much about Yerba Mate? I have some Mate based tea's and they're supposed to be pretty good for fat burning too (which reminds me I should drink more tea, I have a great collection at home)
mate is AWESOME! I'd recommend going on the internet and getting yourself some straight mate, and a gourd to drink it out of. much cheaper than coffee, which is cheaper than buying designer mate like Guayaki. which is sad because Guayaki's stuff is fucking DELICIOUS. I'd drink mate over coffee any day, it gives you the same sort of boost without the caffeine and the potential cortisol heightening.

actually I like mate more, it's more social and enjoyable
Jasson

Post by Jasson »

No doubt that coffee is good and it has many benefits but too much coffee is not good. Coffee has many harmful effects so everyone should drink it in a normal quantity.
beefcake66

Post by beefcake66 »

I have straight up Roasted Mate and a Fruity Mate combo drink i got from David's Tea (If you're not aware of it, it's a loose-leaf tea chain with soooooo many delicious options....)

I should start drinking it more..... HOWEVER..... i just bought Keurig Brewer. So It's coffee for a while :D
Aisley

Post by Aisley »

Coffee is good for health but not too much. It causes lot of problems. So we should drink it in a normal quantity. I drink it but in a normal quantity.
jackalan996

Post by jackalan996 »

coffee reduce the fat and cholesterol from the body.
it maintain the blood pressure,
refreshment the body and minimize the burden from brain.
don't use the coffee too much.... just for normal...
cogrick2

Post by cogrick2 »

nigh70wl wrote:matter2003, do you know much about Yerba Mate? I have some Mate based tea's and they're supposed to be pretty good for fat burning too (which reminds me I should drink more tea, I have a great collection at home)
beefcake66 wrote:mate is AWESOME![...]I'd drink mate over coffee any day, it gives you the same sort of boost without the caffeine and the potential cortisol heightening.

The idea that yerba mate is associated with stimulant effects more comfortable than coffee (and green and black tea) is an interesting one. Some researchers believe that yerba mate has a stimulant other than caffeine that they call "mateine". It seems the prevailing belief right now is that it has caffeine, but is less potent than coffee.

But why does this popular yerba mate website say that yerba mate does not produce the side-effects sometimes associate with "coffee, black tea, or Asian green tea"?
<https://guayaki.com>

It seems the stimulant(s) in yerba mate remains a matter of debate.
beefcake66

Post by beefcake66 »

cogrick2 wrote:
nigh70wl wrote:matter2003, do you know much about Yerba Mate? I have some Mate based tea's and they're supposed to be pretty good for fat burning too (which reminds me I should drink more tea, I have a great collection at home)
beefcake66 wrote:mate is AWESOME![...]I'd drink mate over coffee any day, it gives you the same sort of boost without the caffeine and the potential cortisol heightening.

The idea that yerba mate is associated with stimulant effects more comfortable than coffee (and green and black tea) is an interesting one. Some researchers believe that yerba mate has a stimulant other than caffeine that they call "mateine". It seems the prevailing belief right now is that it has caffeine, but is less potent than coffee.

But why does this popular yerba mate website say that yerba mate does not produce the side-effects sometimes associate with "coffee, black tea, or Asian green tea"?

It seems the stimulant(s) in yerba mate remains a matter of debate.
I've heard of the mateine part, and I honestly don't notice any stimulant affects from it, but I usually only sip on one small cup when I have it (which is not often) and I'm fairly stim tolerant... as long as I stay hydrated.

It's like a brown version of green tea to me...