CHEAP BROMELAIN source

Learn, share, DISCOVER. Training Table Tips & Diet Discussion
Dragon

CHEAP BROMELAIN source

Post by Dragon »

Many here know of the virtues of pineapples juice, but many might be finding an organic source expensive or even a source without added sugars difficult to find.
As someone who has worked in the supermarket produce section let me give you guys a tip. By the way, you can do this at an organic market if you want organic produce. I don't believe pineapples are heavily sprayed anyways.

Find out what days your local supermarket gets their produce shipment. It's almost always two days a week. Just ask the produce manager.

You'll notice pineapple juice and pre-cut pineapples slices in the freezer of the produce section. OK, So what DON'T you notice?

Thats right kids! They throw away all the pineapple cores, which just happens to be the richest source of the bromelain. I remember chucking out bags of that shuff. SMH.

You can now do the obvious. Ask the manager if you can drop by a couple days a week when they cut the pineapple slices, and pick up all of the cores (which you can juice). Don't try to get them for free or it'l backfire LOL. Just ask, and they will charge you a VERY reasonable fee and probably think you're a sucker. But don't mind them because this stuff goes a LONG way in helping you recover from your workouts or just low grade chronic inflammation from stress.

I've traded out the karbolyn for this stuff during my workouts. Nothing can beat nature!

I use some pineapple juice (from the cores), 2 TBSPs of lemon juice and about 4 ounces of ORGANIC cherry juice mixed into about 12 ounces of H2O and I sip on this stuff before, during, and after my workouts.

Many of the guys and gals at my gym walk around with intra-workout drinks. Whenever I'm asked what's in my bottle people always chuckle when they hear the ingredients... but I guess ignorance is bliss.