Famine without lifting, but with plenty of daily activity?

Learn, share, ADVANCE. Bodybuilding, Sports & Endurance Training Tips & Discussion
seano

Famine without lifting, but with plenty of daily activity?

Post by seano »

Greetings all. I recently grabbed the Blueprint and am steadily deciphering it now.

Next week, I will be learning survival skills while wild camping. Activities, all in 1 camp site, will include learning, walking and moving not-heavy things around (such as building wild shelters). Nothing intense.
Only activity that would be close to intense is hill walking the weekend prior (English Lake District) and a long cycle (to get from 1 town to another) the following Saturday.

Could famine take place during this down week?
For food, I could bring lots of dried fruit, dried coconut. And a bag of barley grass powder (it came free with some protein I needed).

This sort of downtime is quite common since I know live in the UK where we get much more vacation time (holiday) than back in the US. Looking to integrate it into my training schedule.

Thanks!
--
Sean
biscuits

Post by biscuits »

why not do that with some calisthenics on the side?

maybe a couple sprints?
bigpelo

Post by bigpelo »

biscuits wrote:why not do that with some calisthenics on the side?

maybe a couple sprints?
+1

My last famine was done with convict conditioning workout outs. Each time I try to do more reps with less rest time to reproduced famine workouts template. Felt drained by WO #3 ;)
seano

Post by seano »

Thanks all for your responses. I ended up not using the time to famine.

Needed my strength for the very busy days learning, collecting, building shelter and other survival work. And needed the increased body temperature that food provides, especially on the nights of sleeping completely wild.

Not to mention that I couldn't turn down the roasted woodlice which are a great source of protein.