Good cooking oils and possible nut allergy

Learn, share, DISCOVER. Training Table Tips & Diet Discussion
DaCookie

Good cooking oils and possible nut allergy

Post by DaCookie »

So about the nuts first.I definitely have a nut allergy when I eat them in mass quantities(anything from 1-2.2lbs a day) I feel like theres a heavy weight on my chest after doing that for like a week.But I remember reading something which I cant remember fully about if you eat nuts in large quantities they have a natural defence mechanism to make you sick??Is that utter bullshit or has someone heard similiar?

Also when I eat a decent quantity of nuts they appear like half digested in my shits haha, does that mean they arent digesting properly right?

Wondering if anyone has anything to add to this list of good cooking things/oils: olive oil, coconut oil, butter, macadamia nut oil
matter2003

Re: Good cooking oils and possible nut allergy

Post by matter2003 »

DaCookie wrote:So about the nuts first.I definitely have a nut allergy when I eat them in mass quantities(anything from 1-2.2lbs a day) I feel like theres a heavy weight on my chest after doing that for like a week.But I remember reading something which I cant remember fully about if you eat nuts in large quantities they have a natural defence mechanism to make you sick??Is that utter bullshit or has someone heard similiar?

Also when I eat a decent quantity of nuts they appear like half digested in my shits haha, does that mean they arent digesting properly right?

Wondering if anyone has anything to add to this list of good cooking things/oils: olive oil, coconut oil, butter, macadamia nut oil
I never heard anything like that, and couldn't imagine eating that many nuts...I would probably weigh 500 lbs...hahahaha

As far as cooking oils, those are all pretty good...sesame oil is supposed to be good as well, as is sunflower oil...both have a very high smoke point.

Definitely stay away from vegetable oils, as heating them forms a highly toxic compound, HNE (4-hydroxy-trans-2-nonenal), which is very bad for the body because it readily reacts with protein, DNA, RNA, and other bio-molecules. It is linked to atherosclerosis, stroke, Parkinson's, Alzheimer's, Huntington's and liver diseases, and it is speculated that it is the sole cause of a condition known as macular degeneration, which slowly causes blindness as you age. This condition was virtually unheard of as late as the 1960's, but then started becoming more and more common as fried foods in vegetable oils became popular, especially reheated oils such as those used in fast food restaurants because the toxic compounds increase each time they are reheated and they get transferred to the food...
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

Cool yeh I forgot sesame.That reminds me I want to give sesamin a go.By any chance have you tried it?

On the nuts, this was just after famine I was either drinking a gallon of raw milk a day or eating 2lbs of cashews/peanuts :D

The weight gain was very good and I will definitely do the raw milk again but instead im gonna do raw goats milk.I was disappointed though because if I remember correctly the nuts were better, probably because they are so nutrient dense and the milk has lactose.Meaning that you have to stop after awhile with the milk and let it digest whereas with the nuts you can just keep chomping away.And that sucked because the nuts made my breathing a lot heavyier, constricted my throat, made me feel drowsy and gave me A LOT of common cold symptoms.That was why for like 2 week I kept doing it because I thought it was just a cold.

Anyway you sure its not just marketing about the sunflower?Seems to be in everything over here these days.
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

DaCookie wrote:Cool yeh I forgot sesame.That reminds me I want to give sesamin a go.By any chance have you tried it?

On the nuts, this was just after famine I was either drinking a gallon of raw milk a day or eating 2lbs of cashews/peanuts :D

The weight gain was very good and I will definitely do the raw milk again but instead im gonna do raw goats milk.I was disappointed though because if I remember correctly the nuts were better, probably because they are so nutrient dense and the milk has lactose.Meaning that you have to stop after awhile with the milk and let it digest whereas with the nuts you can just keep chomping away.And that sucked because the nuts made my breathing a lot heavyier, constricted my throat, made me feel drowsy and gave me A LOT of common cold symptoms.That was why for like 2 week I kept doing it because I thought it was just a cold.

Anyway you sure its not just marketing about the sunflower?Seems to be in everything over here these days.
I tried it a while back, but don't think I dosed it optimally and know I wasn't training optimally to reap all the benefits...have heard a lot of good things about it...

Strange thing with the nuts...have never heard of such a thing...almost seems like a food allergy started with all those nuts...symptoms sound like mild anaphylaxis...

Sunflower is a very healthy oil, and is what I use for oil pulling. Ayurvedic writings say to use only Sunflower or Sesame oil for oil pulling as both have very high antimicrobial properties...