EDT Blocks with limited equipment

Learn, share, ADVANCE. Bodybuilding, Sports & Endurance Training Tips & Discussion
henry14

EDT Blocks with limited equipment

Post by henry14 »

Have any of you guys any thoughts on performing Edt blocks with just dumbbells or bodyweight. Where I train has a massive set of dumbbells, no machines, dip station and chin-up bar and only the one barbell.

Its limited to say the least so when i began the EDT blocks I will have very limited equipment and will have to get creative. Does anyone else have this problem?
drtda

Post by drtda »

I think you can easily be very creative with what you have available. I did my first few Blueprint runs mainly using limited equipment that I had at home at that time.

I now have a huge home gym which makes things much easier and provides for a lot more variety, but during any given run you're only using a few exercises anyway. Sometimes I get ticked off because I'm looking at a couple of great pieces of equipment and know that I'm not going to touch them for the next 6 weeks.
henry14

Post by henry14 »

Yeah, valid point. I have it in my head that I would like to only use dumbbells and bodyweight exercises anyway to maintain some sort of athleticism and to keep me that bit fresher.

This may be flawed thinking as I haven't actually sat down to plan out any of my edt blocks yet, so that could all change.